lights- I can't believe I bought so many

Old April 17th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Kay

Default lights- I can't believe I bought so many

3 weeks ago my sister asked me to get a folding screen for her at the Big
Lots in Mentor Ohio cause it wouldn't fit in Sis's car. I went there on a
Saturday and got the screen, but also bought a generic full spectrum
florescent floor lamp for myself. Tuesday I went to the guild meeting, and I
took the lamp, because the ones we've been using are the swing-arm type that
only hold a 60 watt bulb. (All the ladies in my guild are getting older and
can always use brighter light to quilt.) I put the lamp together and we all
liked it. The bulb uses 27 watts and puts out the same light as a 150 watt
incandescent bulb, also the new lamp is much less likely to tip over with
the light extended over the quilt. I decided to leave the lamp at the guild
to use there. Well, I still needed a lamp for myself, so I said I would go
back. We decided to get 3 more lights for the guild, and the treasurer wrote
me a check for 4 lights, the 1 I already bought & 3 more. I went back and
got the lamps, plus one extra for my Mom, who is 90 and I thought she would
like it. She did, & so did my sister. I told Sis I would get her a lamp.

I took the 3 additional lamps to guild (we have a room at the historical
society museum village where we can stay set up). We put the new lamps
together & everyone liked them. I said I was going to try to get one more
for my sister, and suddenly 5 people asked if I would get them each one.
They will pay me. Well, why not. I went back to the store. I bought 7 more
lamps. I left 5 at guild, since I had to work and couldn't go to this last
meeting. The sixth one went to my sister. The 7th one I will give to my SIL
for her birthday in July. The store is running out of lamps. I bought 13 of
them. They are nice lamps. I could use a second one. Maybe I'll go back just
1 more time.

Jane in NE Ohio
The maple sap run is over & my daffodils are just starting to bloom.

Old April 17th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Sounds like a "illuminating" experience! I bet you and the clerk were on a
first name basis by the time you were finished... I can just hear them...
"Here she comes again!"

LOL

--
Kate in MI

Old April 17th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Let there be lights!

Sunny
Old April 17th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

That sounds like a lot of fun. I never venture into Big Lots. Maybe I
should mend my ways. Polly

Old April 17th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
That sounds like a lot of fun. I never venture into Big Lots. Maybe I
should mend my ways. Polly

Ohhhhhhhhhh Polly, be afraid....be VERY afraid. Bwhahahahahaha!

Famous last words......."Maybe we should swing by Big Lots and we'll just
look."

Val

Old April 17th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Big Lots is not one of those places you "go to looking for something
specific". You stop in and see what you'll find! I get in trouble doing
that!

--
Kate in MI

Old April 18th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Last time I was there, I found socks that say:
"Darling Diva!" I wear those with pride to my Quilts of Valor Bee, aka The
Quilting Divas.

--
Pat in Virginia

. ..

Old April 19th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Would you mind picking one up for me next time you are there. . . . .
(sorry, couldn't resist)

We have two Big Lots in Reno/Sparks. My favorite one was in Indianapolis on
Allisonville in an old grocery store. Guess I'll have to stop by sometime
this weekend.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

down lights Glen Sayers Doll Houses 6 November 13th 05 11:22 PM
mediums/lights? DQLTS Quilting 12 October 2nd 04 03:34 PM
Rice Lights chaz General Crafting 3 March 11th 04 05:11 PM
Lights - Ott and Otherwise Janet Rice Needlework 12 January 29th 04 07:23 PM
Northern Lights juliasb(nospam) Quilting 17 November 5th 03 04:19 AM