Roll Call!

Old January 4th 05, 07:37 PM
Joanna

This was too funny. I click on the link without reading. Up pops a
picture and I immediately think...cool someone else did the same wall
hanging as me. Then I realized your link pulls up my own page. It was
good for a laugh.
Joanna

Denise Jameson in Ontario wrote:

Oh cool. Love introductions and reaquaintances! Thanks Wendy for the
great idea.

I'm Denise and I post as Denise in Ontario, Canada. I've been married
to Bob for almost 35 years, have two grown daughters, one married.
I've been quilting since 1996 and I'm working hard on improving my
machine quilting skills. I own too many machines, use my FW regularly
and quilt on a new Brother I purchased two years ago. I love jewel
tones and bright colours, and am constantly looking for more TIME!!!

You can see some of my quilts at:

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

Denise in Ontario, Canada

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old January 4th 05, 07:38 PM
Anne

I'm Anne and I live near Stanford University in California -- hence the
posting name. Married 20 years to DH, a non-practicing physician. We
have two grown, married and reproducing daughters (2 lovely boys from
one and a boy from the other due in May); and a 19 yo son who is in the
process of finding himself. Been quilting off and on for about 35 years
but only seriously into it for the last two. I like traditional quilts
(as opposed to the art ones) and earth tone colors, greens and blues. I
mainly machine piece and machine quilt but always try to have a hand
piecing or hand quilting project "on hand" as well. Machines of choice
are presently a Featherweight and a Baby Lock Quilters Choice. My QI,
Java the Mutt, went to the Rainbow Bridge just after Thanksgiving last
year and I haven't been able to bring a new one into my life just yet.
Chocolate preference is: yes!

Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old January 4th 05, 07:53 PM
frood

We'll just talk about them in front of their backs.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
.net...
We see that many have not answered the roll call. For those of you
reluctant
to participate, I will be happy to tell all I know about you, may even
take
editorial license and embellish a little. It's your choice.
It is also noted that some of you are waay too modest.
The scary part is Joy saying she reads here to stay sane. So do I, Joy.
Gators are fine watchdogs but they're not much for company. Polly

Old January 4th 05, 08:09 PM
Diana Curtis

Wow.. thats a fair bunch of quilting for 9 weeks! Welcome to the group and
nice to meetcha!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"steppdecke" wrote in message
oups.com...
I guess I am a newbie. I have been quilting for 9 weeks. I have made 2
complete baby quilts (machine pieced and quilted), one wall hanging
(blue star banner), and am finishing machine quilting a double size
Eazy Pieces quilt at the moment. I am in south eastern Ohio.
Steppdecke

Old January 4th 05, 08:10 PM
Donna Liller

Hello everyone...I'm Donna in West Virginia; I'm located in New Creek, which
is near Keyser, close to Cumberland MD. I'm 48 years old and have been
quilting less than a year. I'm learning to quilt from my sister-in-law, her
mother-in-law, and from reading all the postings here in RCTQ. I've been
married for 17 years and have 5 indoor cats. Because of health problems I no
longer work outside the home; I used to be a computer tech for UPS. I've
lived all over the country as I grew up in a military family and my DH used
to be in the Air Force. As I've just started quilting I don't have much of a
stash, but I'm collecting "cat" fabric for my next project. I also collect
thimbles and apple paperweights. I love anything chocolate and could easily
eat ice cream for every meal. Thanks to all for the kind words recently
about my mother's passing; it hasn't been easy but I'm learning to cope. New
Year's resolution: quilt more!!

Old January 4th 05, 08:33 PM
DQLTS

Diana "in Dallas" I have been quilting 5 years
I mainly make quilts as gifts. But am particular
about who receives one. Chocolate is my favorite
food group. Other peoples children are my daily pastime
I hug them, squeeze them, then send them home with their
mommies. (I mainly quilt during naptimes and on the weekends)
RCTQ has given me much more than I could ever give back
"good friends" some local and some just email pals.
I have a DD Angela(20),DGD Liliana(14 mths),
DS Stephen(19), I have been married to my high school
sweetheart Rolando for 21 years. We have 3 QIs two MinPins
Zaidee(4), Linus(3) and a petite tabby Jade(9).

That's me in a nutshell
Diana in Dallas

Old January 4th 05, 08:37 PM
BarbQuilts

Although I don't post very often, I've been reading the newsgroup for quite
a few years - back when Rita was a regular poster and Sarah was working as a
lawyer.

I live north of Atlanta, GA and have been married almost 27 years. My
husband likes going fabric shopping and to quilt shows, which is great. We
have 2 cats - Shorty and Squeaky.

I've been quilting since 1998 when I went to a local quilt store to see what
the difference was from a regular fabric store and signed up on the spot for
their 8 week class using the Quilts, Quilts, Quilts book. I had been
intending to get back to sewing garments which I hadn't done in about 10
years, but that still hasn't happened. I machine piece and machine quilt
with my free motion quilting finally getting good enough to actually leave
the house on a gift quilt. I occasionally hand quilt and pin baste for that
since I really, really hate thread basting. I am very active in my local
guild and belong to a great bee. I do my guilds website and also have a
small website business consisting of 2 quilt stores and 1 pattern site. I
also started teaching foundation piecing at a local shop last year and
really enjoy it.

The knitting needles have come out after a long absence and I'm just
finishing up my first pair of socks in one of the Fortissima striped yarns.

--
BarbQuilts
take out the Cat to reply

Old January 4th 05, 08:39 PM
Allison

Hi all ....and happy new year too!

This is a fun thread to read.. so shall add a bit:

I'm Allison (posting with the same name) and I live in Montreal Quebec
Canada. I have a DH, two DD and 3 QI (cats who definitely love to leave
their fur on the latest project). I've done bed quilts for every bed in
the house and a few baby quilts that were given away. Now I'm more
interested in doing wall hangings - since they are smaller I can play
around with different techniques!
Old January 4th 05, 08:45 PM
frood

An ambitious newbie! Welcome to the group.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
Put on your Big Girl panties and just deal with it. -- unknown

Old January 4th 05, 08:52 PM
Sharon Harper

I am....insanely jealous. Where do you find the time??? Tell us some more
about yourself. And welcome!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

frood wrote:
As newbies come and introduce themselves,

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM