When to Walk away

Old January 19th 12, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default When to Walk away

Walking away is good. I was SO annoyed at the quilt I was making that I
folded it and its pattern away and put it in the living room. ( Nobody goes
in there hardly ever except for a weekly cleaning.)
I got out all my heirloom sewing stuff - silk batiste, French lace,
special ribbons and strange needles and feet - pintuck, gathering, twin
needle and wing needle which will wing right through your finger. BTDT.
The recess from quilting was good for me. To show for it I have two lovely
little gowns with matching diaper covers for my Hope Chest and a greatly
improved attitude.
Usually when quilting isn't going well, I simply go cook which is a good
thing. This time called for more. What do you do for an attitude
adjustment? Polly

Old January 19th 12, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Fondle fabric, look at patterns in my projects-to-do tote, do some
loom knitting, dig out coloring pencils and a coloring book, write, go
shooting, daydream about retiring "someday", put on one of the many
cds I have [genre of music depends on the mood!].

Any of the combination above usually helps.

Ginger in CA

Old January 19th 12, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

With any sense at all, I'd be reluctant to ask ( nobody ever accused me of
good sense). What do you shoot? Polly

Old January 19th 12, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I tend to go and dig out in the garden. That is usually pretty harmless
therapy for me. The heirloom sewing is a lot more productive though.
Glad you are sporting an improved attitude.
Taria

Old January 19th 12, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_3_]

I change tack altogether, I do some family tree research which I find as
satisfying as quilting.
I also love to read so sometimes pull out one of my many favourite books or
magazines and read it again.

Di
currently doing some family tree research and reading newsgroups

Old January 19th 12, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

After I finish throwing a hissy fit to let out the frustration, I
usually put the project away and tackle one of the many cross stitch
projects I have started. Or pick up a quilting project if the hissy
fit is due to the cross stitch project. If things get really bad, I
put down all needles, and usually play some computer games until the
nerves settle!

Claudia
Old January 19th 12, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Jan 18, 10:32*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Walking away is good. *I was SO annoyed at the quilt I was making that I
folded it and its pattern away and put it in the living room. *( Nobody goes
in there hardly ever except for a weekly cleaning.)
* * I got out all my heirloom sewing stuff - silk batiste, French lace,
special ribbons and strange needles and feet - pintuck, gathering, twin
needle and wing needle which will wing right through your finger. *BTDT..
The recess from quilting was good for me. *To show for it I have two lovely
little gowns with matching diaper covers for my Hope Chest and a greatly
improved attitude.
* * Usually when quilting isn't going well, I simply go cook which is a good
thing. *This time called for more. *What do you do for an attitude
adjustment? * Polly

i so want to see pictures of these Polly! i know NUTHIN' bout
heirloom sewing....sigh.

when i get frustrated? i put it away, go ride the horse, badger the
kids, garden, or tell my husband its all his fault.

i'm recently becoming reaquainted with target shooting, and am finding
it very enjoyable.

betsey
Old January 19th 12, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I may also go for a walk. Yes, I always come back, it's a round trip.
There is a popular named coffee place about a mile away. Walk down,
get a cuppa something and sit to read or watch people for a while.

Shooting? Heck I'll shoot anything you can put a bullet in to. Right-
or left handed. Long rifle or sidearm. [I am not looking forward to my
next jury duty service if I am called up for examination. "What do you
do in your spare time?" batting my eyes: "Make quilts and shoot
guns."]

Ginger in CA

Old January 19th 12, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KT in Mich

That's what I do too! (Great minds!) Working on a 3-year project of
Renoir's "Two Sisters on the Terrace" in x-stitch, and Farmer's Wife quilt.
And also do a lot of genealogy research, or read a good book, or stroll thru
the tons of quilting mags and as a very last resort, I might pick up a dust
cloth and/or vacuum. If things are really, really frustrating me I might
clean a toilet.

KT. in MI