Roll Call!

Old January 6th 05, 12:08 AM
KJ

I agree! That's a beauty of a beauty Joan! I love your blacks, whites and
reds.
I've made a couple of those, but I'm feeling the urge to play with another
one. I got the Karen Stone EQ book for Christmas. I already owned several
of the patterns, but just couldn't resist the book, too.

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
(Joan8904) wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/album/224339456aDbpuv

shows my latest projects--a batik baby quilt and a NYB in progress. I

am
having more fun with that Karen Stone pattern than ought to be legal!

They're both terrific, Joan, but I *really* like that NYB!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

Old January 6th 05, 12:27 AM
nana2b

Hi Merrystitch, What lousy timing for all this. Hugs to you. Just make
sure you take care of yourself emotionally and "lawyerwise". There is no
such thing as an amicable divorce, because even if you and H try it that way
the lawyers want to earn their money by stirring up trouble. Your "kids"
probably have a hint as to what has been brewing, so don't playact for their
benefit. Good luck in getting on with your life. Big Hugs, Linda

Old January 6th 05, 12:29 AM
Louise

Welcome to the group Brenda! It's great that you came out of lurkdom, and we
hope you'll come back often. Have any projects in the works now? Hopefully
you'll have a chance to share pics somewhere down the line.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"b in md" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

I'm Brenda in central MD. I've been a lurker for a while & thought it
was time to introduce myself with everyone else. I've been quilting
for about 15 years mostly while staying home with my kids. Enjoy
making gifts for family. I think most appreciate the work that has
gone into the project. I'm married with a son who is a senior in high
school and looking forward to going to college in the fall (mom isn't
even thinking about that yet!) and a daughter who is a sophmore in
high school & enjoys playing field hockey. My husband & son are very
active in the volunteer fire service. I just recently started a part
time job at the branch library which I am really enjoying but does cut
into my quilting time.
I have been apart of the local Thimbleberries group and enjoying
getting together and exchanging ideas. I have participated in a number
of swaps including a baseball swap which was fun even if my Orioles
didn't do quite so well.
Have enjoyed all the tips everyone gives and have gotten alot of great
ideas from this group - Thanks!

Old January 6th 05, 12:31 AM

Hi..I'm Barb C. from FL near Ft Lauderdale. Married 9 years to my last
husband. We're volunteer foster parents for our local humane society and
have 3 little kittens right now to fatten up. I've only been quilting for 2
years and feel I have so much to learn. Sometimes it's confusing. I think
I have too many quilting books to use for references. I'm taking some
classes now in PP and machine applique. I love batiks and am totally
addicted to anything regarding quilting and I've learn a lot from this
group.

Barb C. in FL

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
frood wrote:

As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.
But, while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very
easily. (ok, except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to
a new year, I thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and
get to know each other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying
to keep the players straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA.
I'm married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4
yo twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7
or 8 years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright
colors, and I collect vintage textiles.

What a good idea, Wendy!

This is me, Kate, posting as Kate XXXXXX. I'm 48, have been sewing
garments since I was 7, and I have a 10 YO son and a husband of 22 years.
I'm gregarious, chatty, nosy, and cheeky, all at once! I live almost on
top of the North Downs in Kent, UK.

I have two QI's: Sugar Puff and Cornflake. She is small and very sweet,
he is the thickest cat in England! Adorable, but seriously stooopid...

I am teaching my son to quilt. Some of my sewing projects and other stuff
can be seen on my web site. I sew as a professional dressmaker after
teaching English language and literature, and find brides easier to work
with than 17 YO refusniks who don't want to learn about Shakespeare! I
don't sell anything through my site, so it's quite safe for you to wander
through. I like making historical costumes and wedding stuff. I also
like tailoring.

I've been quilting for about 3 years. The first one I did seriously was
full of triangles! Well, little bias cut seams in nice well behaved
cotton are a doddle compared with bias cut poly bridal satin and velvet!

I usually learn at least one new thing per week from this group, and
sometimes several in one day!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old January 6th 05, 01:26 AM
Donna

Love that NYB, Joan!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Joan8904" wrote in message
I'm Joan, aka joan8904. 58 years old, married for almost 26 years to the
man
of my dreams. Two sons, ages 33 and 30; one wonderful grandson, 2 1/12.
(And
grandchild expected this summer! Whooppee!) Two dogs, black cockers,
ages 13
and 3.

I've been quilting since 1970 and come from at least three generations of
quilters. I also knit, crochet, and hook rugs. I mostly machine piece
and
quilt, although every so often I get the 'bug' to hand applique and hand
quilt.
Do neither of those well and find out quickly that I don't enjoy them.

http://community.webshots.com/album/224339456aDbpuv

shows my latest projects--a batik baby quilt and a NYB in progress. I am
having more fun with that Karen Stone pattern than ought to be legal!

Two sewing machines--A Pffaf 7530 and a Brother 1500. The latter is
mostly
used with my Handiquilter, but also for piecing and machine quilting off
the
frame.

New job is working part time for The Country Sampler, our local LQS here
in
Omaha.

Have lost 80 pounds in the past year and half and have made low-carb and
exercise part of my new way of life. Yoga, weight lifting, walking and
biking
are my new hobbies.

Glad to metcha!

joan
joan o'reilly
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words they become
actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits,
they become character. Watch your character it becomes your destiny.

Old January 6th 05, 01:35 AM
Donna

Merrystitch, Hugs for you and your son. Have they checked for problems with
his parathyroid? A friend's DH had a bone scan done (his wife did them and
the place she worked needed volunteers for a new machine) and found
osteoporosis--make a long story shorter--found problem with his parathyroid.
He had surgery and no further problems!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"merrystitch" wrote in message
Leslie,
Prayers & hugs for you and your son. Mine is undergoing testing right now
for severe osteoporosis (he's only 32). They are trying to find out the
root cause. He's broken 2 bones in 6 months doing routine activities-the
foot while slow dancing.
Merrystitch

Old January 6th 05, 01:45 AM
Leigh Harris

Happy soon-to-be-birthday Shirley!

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

"Shirley Shone" wrote
It is mine on the 11th Jan .
Shirley

Old January 6th 05, 01:46 AM
Leigh Harris

Thanks Georg. :-) No, there will be no commiserations, just celebrations.
Besides, older = wiser, doesn't it?

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia
www.leighharris.info
(Real email is bearleigh at bigpond dot com)

"georg" wrote
Uh, oh, the big 40!

May you not receive a black cake and other unpleasant jokes!

Happy Birfday! Cause, I know I'll forget by the 12th.

-georg

Old January 6th 05, 02:26 AM
frood

Fred, if you really listened on these groups, you'd have learned we don't
like advertisers popping in, especially on such a nice friendly thread as
this.

--
The Froodinator

"Fred Lebow" wrote in message
news
Yo!
HEllo
I have been in the sewing Biz for 29 yrs
and do know a few things
that were picked up along the way
about
non wovens - stabilizers - interlinings, quilting aids , sewing

Old January 6th 05, 02:33 AM
georg

frood wrote:

Fred, if you really listened on these groups, you'd have learned we don't
like advertisers popping in, especially on such a nice friendly thread as
this.

Yeah, I'd rather hear about Fred's favorite chocolates, and what quilts
he's been working on, and other more interesting things.

-georg

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM