Roll Call!

Old January 5th 05, 10:30 AM
Mneets

We see that many have not answered the roll call. For those of you reluctant
to participate, I will be happy to tell all I know about you, may even take
editorial license and embellish a little. It's your choice.

HMMMM.. your version might be better than mine!! LOL. OK, OK...

I post as Memere Neets... or just Neets, depending on the moment. I am Anita, I
live in Connecticut, and have been here since 1994 or so. I lurk a lot, but
occasionally pop in to put in my 2 cents worth. DH of 44 years and I have 4
grown offspring who have given us 6 grandkids... twin girls age 16 (one of whom
quilts now) and 4 boys 11,10,8,8. No QI's. We are planning a move to Ocala,
Florida, that has been hubby's long time dream, to move to FL for retirement.
Its ok with me, I can quilt there too!! My Memere (French for Grandmother) was
a quilter, and passed it on so several of us family members quilt.

I mostly enjoy cq and applique, and am currently creating a vest for a
challenge. My favorite color is Purple, then Fuschia then Lime green. I also
knit, paint, scrapbook and procrastinate ... LOL.

I believe in the power of Prayer... so whenever a request is made, prayers are
said here.
This is the most wonderful group ever, and I am ever so glad I found you all.

Hugs, Neets, Memere Neets, Anita
Connecticut, USA
Old January 5th 05, 10:40 AM
georg

Leigh Harris wrote:

I'd agree with that! Apparently "Life begins" for this January girl on the
12th. So, what have I been doing until now...? :-)

Uh, oh, the big 40!

May you not receive a black cake and other unpleasant jokes!

Happy Birfday! Cause, I know I'll forget by the 12th.

-georg
Old January 5th 05, 10:57 AM
Shirley Shone

It is mine on the 11th Jan .
Shirley

In message , Leigh
Harris writes
"Pat in Virginia" wrote
Hey Georg! Pat's Original Virginia Fife and Drum Corps
is joyfully playing the birthday song for you in warm &
sunny Virginia! January Girls Rock!

--
Shirley Shone
Old January 5th 05, 11:05 AM
Terbear

Am I too late for roll call??? about me....My name is Teri, I am 37, will be
38 in 24 more days, but who is counting? I am married to a wonderful
supportive hubby. I have two darling boys, 7 years and a 22 month old. I am
a new quilter. My hubby bought my first SM for me the Hanukkah before last,
yet I didn't take it out of the box for 3 months...I took a basic sewing
class, yet garments were not me...stumbled into a LQS, signed up for a quilt
class, and I never looked back. I am hooked! This past Hanukkah, my hubby
surprised me with a Pfaff Creative 2144 (can't wait to learn embroidery!).
My 7 year old caught the bug also, and has made a few quilts himself. My
youngest is our QI...If we loose the baby, throw a quilt on the ground, and
he will magically appear on top of it! I love organizing exchanges. I
successfully ran a quilt block exchange, and am now host two others, the
birthday block exchange, and HGTV's Strolling the Block BOM exchange.
Here is my gallery:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts the first 7 pictures are actually
sub albums...if you click on the image, it will take you to the sub...
There are a total of 8 pages in the mail Teri's quilts gallery.

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

"frood" wrote in message
news
As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.

But,
while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily.

(ok,
except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know

each
other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA.

I'm
married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or

8
years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright colors,
and I collect vintage textiles.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old January 5th 05, 11:20 AM
Patti

Now, I do hope you take up that challenge, Polly!!
I'm agog ...
..
In article , Chipper
writes

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
k.net...
We see that many have not answered the roll call. For those of you

reluctant
to participate, I will be happy to tell all I know about you, may even

take
editorial license and embellish a little. It's your choice.
It is also noted that some of you are waay too modest.
The scary part is Joy saying she reads here to stay sane. So do I,

Joy.
Gators are fine watchdogs but they're not much for company. Polly

Please do write my bio, Polly. It'd be ever so much more interesting that
anything I could think of and probably closer to the truth.

chipper

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 5th 05, 11:37 AM
Paulette

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
.net...
We see that many have not answered the roll call. For those of you
reluctant
to participate, I will be happy to tell all I know about you, may even
take
editorial license and embellish a little. It's your choice.
It is also noted that some of you are waay too modest.
The scary part is Joy saying she reads here to stay sane. So do I, Joy.
Gators are fine watchdogs but they're not much for company. Polly

Polly, you have put The Fear in even a mostly lurker like me!! I am
Paulette, in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I am the one with 7
horses, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 3 peafowl, 3 geese, 6 laying hens and a Senegal
parrot. I have 4 children, with only the "baby" in college and at home. I
became a Nana in April, and cannot say enough of the joys of Nanahood.

I am a beginning quilter, and have learned a LOT from this wonderful group.
I love CW (and older)fabrics, homespuns, and deep dark reds, browns and
blues. I like folk appliqué the best.

More than you wanted to know, eh?
Paulette in WV

Old January 5th 05, 11:45 AM
Harry and Anita

Thank you so much for the idea Wendy. I have really enjoyed this thread and
learning about all of you and spending hours scrolling through beautiful
quilts and other fabric adventures.

I'm Anita, currently from Alaska. Hi to the other Anitas I've read here.
Not used to seeing others with the same name. I've been up here in the
Anchorage area now for almost 12 months. 3 January is our one year
anniversary. DH is in the Air Force and we have been in England and Germany
for the last 12 years. A definitely weather shock to move to Alaska in the
middle of winter! He has avoided spring break up by being in Mississippi
for training in May and June. He also has avoided winter by being in South
Korea since August. I hope for his sake we get a big snowstorm soon after
his return at the end of the month. His turn to shovel the driveway.

I've been lurking here since about 1998 or so. Before Wendy had Spike and
Giles and before I had discovered the Buffy universe. I see lots of long
time familiars and miss a few of the old regulars. This year, I have
finally starting dabbling in quilting. I am 39 and have a 13 year old son
with ADHD, the miracle is that he made it to 13 , and a 9 year old
daughter who is gifted and reads and spells at the same or slightly higher
level than big brother. Life doesn't get dull around here.

The push to quilt comes from my DD, she has been lurking over my shoulder
for several years and thinks I need to stretch from cross stitch, knitting,
crocheting and embroidery into quilting as well. Her grandmother (my
mother) is aiding and abetting this nudging by sending fabric and notions to
my daughter with the suggestion that she "ask Mom to help you make something
out of this". My daughter loves to draw quilt patterns on graph paper and
color them in and if I were to complete every one she has done in the last 3
years, no one in this state would ever be cold again. She has a panel of
kitties her grandma sent for her birthday this year that we will be making
into something quilty. Not sure if it will be a WUH or a lap quilt or
something slightly larger. After much perusing of Quilter's Cache and QNM,
we decided on a simple square in square pattern to surround this panel in
one or two rows.. After that is finished we'll see what else wants to go on
this quilt. We are already looking at a nine patch for the next quilt made
with her favorite bright colors. Good thing I bought lots of large
Rubbermaid containers before our last move. they will make good stashing
spots for fabric so Dad will never know how much she is stashing.

Yesterday I made up two sample square in square blocks from fabric scraps
just to see if we still liked the block after it was in fabric. The verdict
is "Cool Mom. When will mine be done?" All quilting and piecing will be
done by hand for now. I have a 1950 era Singer machine but it has been idle
ever since we moved to Europe. I was reluctant to expose the motor to
transformers and so it has been quiet all this time. If we like quilting
(and I can't see why we wouldn't) it may make a trip to the shop for
cleaning and general maintenance before use.

Let's see other than that chocolate YES, no QIs (we have moved too many
times), love most colors but mainly blues and purples, I coach youth bowling
for both of my kids and cheer for my son who has started wrestling and
basketball this year. Oh, yes DH and I have been married 13 years and known
each other for 23 years, we will retire from the Air Force soon and maybe
even unpack every last box and throw them away instead of saving them for
the next move.

And now back to your regularly scheduled lives.

Anita in AK where the snow is falling on the rain of the last 2 days

Old January 5th 05, 11:58 AM
Diana Curtis

No, cause you left off the chocolate preferences. :-)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

"Paulette" wrote

Polly, you have put The Fear in even a mostly lurker like me!! *snipped*

Old January 5th 05, 12:19 PM
georg

Shirley Shone wrote:

It is mine on the 11th Jan .
Shirley

Happy birfday to ewe 2!!

-georg
Old January 5th 05, 12:22 PM
Polly Esther

Nah. Polly Esther is just the result of one of those silly games, "Name the
Baby", that we're expected to play at baby showers. My real name is never
seen on the internet. You would all be wanting my autograph or the Feds
would be wanting a sample of my DNA. Polly

"Pauline O'Connell" wrote in message
news
I'm sticking close by your side if I'm ever in your neck of the woods!

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM