What part of quilting do you enjoy the most?

Old September 26th 03, 03:16 PM
Pati Cook

You can also buy "flying geese on a roll" from the same people that make
"Triangles on a Roll". Designed specifically for long rows of geese. (The same
paper can also be used to make "braids", and is "Sew and Fold on a Roll" or
something)

Pati, in Phx who loves triangles on a roll for HST and even QST

Patti wrote:

Hullo Diana
I know there are all sorts of ways of making flying geese; and that we
have a goose expert in our midst; but I thought I'd just mention that
you can do easy flying geese by paper piecing. You can draw them out in
sections of about twelve to fifteen inches long, for your border. That
way it would soon get done. You could draw different sized geese, as
someone suggested, and it would all be accurate - well as accurate as
the drawing! I have done this for sashing large blocks and it works
beautifully. I used five colours of a graduated 'sky' fabric and *six*
colours of 'goose' fabric. This was so that the combinations of colours
wouldn't come round very often. It does look very effective. I think
this might just make you love them. Perhaps make up one section to see
what you think?
.
In article , Diana Curtis
writes
It was a great beg.. not subtle, as you point out, but we all have to start
somewhere!
The quilt once again spoke and said it cant leave here until its done. I
think I have to do penance and learn to love making flying geese. If you can
tell me how to love making them there would be a rush of gratitude winging
your way, along with a squishy of your color choice(s).
Diana

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old September 26th 03, 03:23 PM
Diana Curtis

To me it sounds like DBF needs a hobby of his own when the Cubs arent
playing, and he only nags about your quilting because he is Bored!!!! I
wonder if he might enjoy designing quilts... or quilting tables...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Lisa Ellis" wrote in message
Maureen Wozniak wrote:

Depends on what mood I'm end. Right now hand appliqué is at the top
because I can work on it while DBF watches baseball and not get any
complaints about how I'm obsessed with quilting. (Hmm, everyone start
rooting for the Cubs. If they go to the series, I can get my top pieced
and begin hand quilting it while DBF is otherwise engaged.)

DBF should support your quilting, not complain about your being

obsessed...

lisae

Old September 27th 03, 12:52 AM
Maureen Wozniak

He loves to see what I do, but gets cranky because I'm not paying
attention to him. I'm trying another tactic tonight, asking him to keep
me company while I cut out the pieces for another block.

He just doesn't seem to understand that a quilt is not made in an hour.

Old September 27th 03, 01:22 AM
Lisa Ellis

I don't know, but I think I'd feel very unhappy if dh got cranky because
I wasn't paying attention to him. We do things together, we spend time
talking, but if we are just hanging out at home, I can do what I want
without his wanting constant attention from me and he can do what he
wants to. I certainly don't want his constant attention. I just can't
imagine choosing to applique rather than machine piece so dh will be
happy. One exception: dh is bothered by the sewing machine if I run it
after he has gone to bed, so I don't use it after he's gone to bed. (He
goes to bed earlier than I do, most nights.) But if he got cranky about
anything else, I'd tell him to stuff it!

Is bf worth it?

lisae

Old September 27th 03, 02:33 AM
Maureen Wozniak

Sometimes I wonder. We just moved in together, so I think we may still
be getting used to one another. I feel that I'm getting cranky because
I don't have enough time to sew. Sigh Let's hope it all works out.

Old September 27th 03, 04:27 AM
nana2b

The part of quilting I enjoy most is going to Hobby Lobby and buying 36
yards of various fabric for $1.00 a yard. Some of them were even
coordinated Debbie Mumm patterns. Major S.E.X!!!!!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old September 27th 03, 06:00 AM
Sk8eraunt

The part of quilting I enjoy most is going to Hobby Lobby and buying 36
yards of various fabric for $1.00 a yard. Some of them were even coordinated

Debbie Mumm patterns. Major S.E.X!!!!!

Wow...I love Debbie Mumm patterns. Too bad we don't have a Hobby Lobby in
Phoenix. Now I'm really bummed....

kaila
Old September 28th 03, 01:26 AM
nzl*

ohhhhhhhh, i love doing that too.
its just like being here.
oh wait....you get 36yds @ $1, i get 1 metre @ $36.
its not just like being here.
oh well, good thing i stocked up on last trip to usa, eh.
jeanne*
note to self...add Hobby Lobby to 'must see/buy list' for next trip

"nana2b" wrote...