Good quilty day!

Old January 31st 05, 07:48 PM
Kate Dicey

Default Good quilty day!

James sewed down a few more of his shapes on the quilt for Auntie Alex
the Policeman today, using the Lily and some nice purple thread.

We chose and washed and dried the backing for his charm squares quilt
for his friend Lewis. Now I need to iron it so we can make up the sandwich.

I started cutting and piecing another top! This is a blue and white
version of the dog tooth pattern from Fat Quarter Quilts. I do love
that pattern. This top will be pieced wholly on the Featherweight.

I still need to piece the back for my first version of this quilt,
sandwich it up, and quilt it, but the top looks great with its wavy
aplique border.

So, we have 5 Works In Progress here, and James had an idea for yet
another one: a chess quilt, with velcroed chess pieces so he can spread
it out and really play chess on it! And if you need to tidy up half way
through the game, you can fold it up and the pieces will stay where they
were. Very ingenious, I thought. I thought we might make a pocket on
the back for the pieces when not in use. We will quilt the chess pieces
too.

James wasn't in school today (teacher training day), but he still worked
hard!
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 1st 05, 02:54 AM
Kathryn Walker

What a bright boy you have there! You must be so proud.

Kathryn in Mi

Old February 1st 05, 09:20 AM
Kate Dicey

Kathryn Walker wrote:

What a bright boy you have there! You must be so proud.

Kathryn in Mi

He's a lot of fun! He also does some seriously daft things, but I
suppose that's natural for a 10 YO!

We finished rather late last night, as he sewed the last two borders on
the charm quilt after coming back from Cubs. I shall get the floor
vacuumed severely later, so we can do the sandwich this afternoon after
school.

I got all my strips cut for the blue dogtooth quilt, and the short
strips sewn together into 18 longer ones, and 13 of the 18 pairs sewn
together into two colour strips with the background fabric. Having done
this pattern before means it's going together really well. And no
Stealth Blocks on this one!

Old February 1st 05, 02:24 PM
Roberta Zollner

Goodness, you are busy! Must mean you're over the nasty cold :-) Give James
a pat on the back from me, he brings a tear of joy to the eye of every
quilter!
Roberta in D

Old February 1st 05, 06:50 PM
Kate Dicey

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Goodness, you are busy! Must mean you're over the nasty cold :-) Give James
a pat on the back from me, he brings a tear of joy to the eye of every
quilter!
Roberta in D

James is fun to work with. He also like to sew to LOUD MUSIC! Queen,
or the music CD from Pirates of the Carribean, yesterday. Sometimes
Busted or McFly... Occasionally folk or classical. He's getting
eclectic music tastes to go with the wild colour choices!

Tomorrow and Thursday I need to work on customer stuff, but we'll
probably do a little quilty stuff too...