What does the quilt on your bed look like?

Old September 11th 03, 10:09 PM
Emilia

"frood" wrote in news:_148b.20230
:

Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Don't have a quilt on my bed. But I'd be happy to accept donations!
We have a duvet with a duvet cover that looks like a quilt. Well, in that
it has printed squares of different color blues. The winter cover is a plum
velvet and gorgeous!! It needs a beigy toned quilt folded at the foot of it
(in case someone has one they don't need...address upon request!)
Gee, begging is fun!!!

YES!! LN will finish her quilt! (as I've said many times) My first quilt
was a wonky (sort of) LC! If I can do it, LN most certainly can and will!!!

Old September 11th 03, 10:25 PM
taria

Yes, yes, actually the courthouse steps quilt.
Won the squares. I change to my fall quilt pretty
soon. LN will finish a quilt some day and pigs
will fly!
Taria

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old September 11th 03, 10:27 PM
Lisa Ellis

taria wrote:

Yes, yes, actually the courthouse steps quilt.
Won the squares. I change to my fall quilt pretty
soon. LN will finish a quilt some day and pigs
will fly!
Taria

I have some fabric with flying pigs on it...I'll see you some when LN
finishes...

lisae

Old September 11th 03, 10:38 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:28:58 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

We have a duvet and the cover is light blue with dark blue
embroidered flowers - I think they are Gerberas. I made curtains that
match the blue, but look like patchwork squares - the poly-cotton
fabric has light blue, lilac and chartreuse in it. It was a great way
to use up fabric (lined with light blue) and we needed curtains.
There are flowers in the squares, nearly forgot. It does almost look
like I planned it.
I have a very similar fabric which I'm going to make curtains for
the office/sewing room... one of these days.
I'm in a "nearly Amish" block swap just now and these blocks are
*big* - 12" finished. So I reckon we might have a quilt soon! I have
enough batting already.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old September 11th 03, 10:43 PM
Julia Altshuler

In the bedroom where Jim and I sleep most of the time, we sleep under
Jim's 40th birthday quilt. We weren't living together when Jim turned
40, and I hadn't been quilting that long. I started the quilt because I
was having such a time learning to use the rotary cutter. In my "lethal
weapon" class, we were supposed to practice on squares for a single
block, but I needed more practice so I made a whole quilt of squares.
Now I'd strip piece it, but this one is made of squares all individually
cut. The quilt has an autumn leaf fabric for the focus and supporting
colors of rust, burgundy, forest green, brighter green and tawny brown.
I started the quilt with no idea in mind (other than practice). Jim's
birthday rolled around, and I asked him to choose from the available
started projects.

The pull-out futon in the computer room as a bright orange star quilt.
The focus is a madras that I used for the sashing and border. The
blocks are bright in oranges, yellows, robins egg blue, melon, lime,
lavender and reds. This is a quilt that Jim says is too bright to sleep
under so it lives in the computer room where one or the other of us
sleeps when one or the other (I'm not naming names) is snoring or
farting. The dog sleeps under the bed in this room. I didn't choose
the quilt for this room except that I was cold, needed a quilt and
wanted to keep the others new so they could be gifts. This is another
early quilt. Now I see all the flaws in it. I'll have to applique over
in places where my seam allowance is so scant that the batting is
showing through.

I made them both.

--Lia

Old September 11th 03, 10:45 PM

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:17:36 -0700, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

Ummm... LN may be a shameless quilt hussy but I dont think even she will
stoop that low to get a quilt. rofl! I'm sorry Anna Belle, I couldnt resist!
Diana

Just proves I need to proof read more!!!! BEG, Beg, not bed!!
AB
Old September 11th 03, 11:07 PM
Sharon Harper

Boo Hoo! We don't have a quilt on our bed! Yes shame on me, I haven't made
us one yet, but once the nightmare quilt is done it will be a daily reminder
to me of how much I hate the *(^(^&( thing - DH chose it for our bed. Hmph!
Currently we have a doona/duvet/whatever which never fails to be "stolen" by
the person I sleep with who shall remain nameless.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old September 11th 03, 11:17 PM
Diana Curtis

Ummm... LN may be a shameless quilt hussy but I dont think even she will
stoop that low to get a quilt. rofl! I'm sorry Anna Belle, I couldnt resist!
Diana

--

Anna Belle wrote
Of course LN will finishe!! Even if she has to bed for help.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Old September 11th 03, 11:19 PM
Diana Curtis

Yes, No, it looks like a cheaply made overseas type quilt, and we use it
because it was given to us and the one I made is to warm for summer..
And, God only knows... but I think she may now that she is learning to MQ.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
. com...