A question about walking feet for an old/odd machine

Old November 15th 15, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default A question about walking feet for an old/odd machine

Hi, I know this is a very old thread but I can't find any information o the sewpy tracing embroiderer and wanted to see if you were available to share your experience. If it's compatible with all machines? or if u have a manual? or any projects!

Thanks!!

On Sunday, April 22, 2001 at 3:39:12 PM UTC-4, Susanne Hackbarth wrote:
An aside: I'm such a newbie, that I could not figure out what the

difference
between a high shank and a low shank was. My boyfriend pulled out his 1968
Dressmaker and we compared and all I could say was "D'oh!", as the
Dressmaker has a high shank.

Thanks! -Andrea

That is a strange coincidence. I thought I would pull out a sewing machine
toy that I haven't played with in years. I have a Singer Athena 2000; about
25 years old. This toy has two embroidery feet. One for low and one for high
shank. I took a guess and using the low shank. It seems to be working okay.
I can't find an explanation in my Singer manual.

In case anyone is interested. My husband and I loved toys. He bought me a
Sewpy Tracing Embroiderer when they first came out 15 years ago. I probably
bought the only one made. I want to make a design on blank squares in a
quilt. So am playing with this today. It also has a small monograming
template set. The letters are the small size. After I finish this beautiful
picture I am embroidering, LOL!!! I will try the monogramming.

Susanne