NuStyle quilting machine

Old December 6th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default NuStyle quilting machine

My wife has a chance to buy a used Nustyle model 228 quilting machine,
about 10 years old. The price is good, but I'm wondering if anyone has
any good, or bad opinions on it. She is a home user, and is doing this
for a hobby. We do not need a production machine.
Thank you.
Ed

Old December 7th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

A group of friends and I bought a NuStyle machine in July....I am
unsure of the model number. It has taken some time to set it right,
adjust tension, find the proper thread that will work in the machine
etc. But the gals who use it regularly are beginning to produce some
nice work (I just can't find the time to invest). It does take some
time to learn how to use. Moving the mahine opposed to moving the
quilt is a subtle difference but it takes a lot of practice to get the
hang of it.

We felt the occasional use we would give it, is worth the effort. We
paid $700 for our machine. It had been stting for over 15 years but
sews well once it was oiled, quite an uncomplicated machine. Also, we
did not get an instruction manual with it! The man we spoke to at
NuStyle was very helpful.
Mauvice in Central Wi.

Old May 26th 15, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Looking for a copy of the manual for the Nustyle machine. The one my cousin has is older...similar to the 228 or 227. I had one, and lost mine (I had the 227 for years).

Would appreciate a scanned copy, or willing to pay for a copy if someone can do this for me.
Marge

Old May 26th 15, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Marge, don's know if you realize that you responded to a 9 year old message!
Barbara in SC

wrote:
My wife has a chance to buy a used Nustyle model 228 quilting machine,
about 10 years old. The price is good, but I'm wondering if anyone has
any good, or bad opinions on it. She is a home user, and is doing this
for a hobby. We do not need a production machine.
Thank you.
Ed

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

sewing machinery sewing machinery Yarn 0 March 21st 06 02:55 PM
sewing machinery sewing machinery Sewing 0 March 20th 06 11:16 AM
RCTQ FAQ Nov 2005 frood Quilting 3 November 6th 05 10:22 PM
RCTQ FAQ for May 2005 frood Quilting 5 May 7th 05 07:07 PM
FAQ for RCTQ Feb Diana Curtis Quilting 7 February 2nd 05 05:08 PM