First Guild Meeting

Old October 17th 05, 05:36 AM
extremevalues

Default First Guild Meeting

Tricia,

Is this a small group or large? If it is a large group I suggest that
you get involved in one of the smaller groups that meet weekly or
bi-weekly.. if they have them. Getting involved with a small group 20
makes quilting so much more fun! I have made the best friends ever
through the local quilting guilds and my quilting group at church! You
needn't worry, you have something in common, that will make the
communication just flow. If someone doesn't ask you about what you are
doing, you will just have to ask them! Or ask for help, I find that
everyone is interested if you ask for thier opinion.

Carol in TX
need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old October 17th 05, 06:55 PM
Melissa in NJ

" I was the youngest person there by at least a decade and in many
cases by 2 (at least)."

I am definitely of the youngest generation in attendance at my guild.
Not too many my age present. But dang those older ladies are fun. And
the best way to stop feeling like a wall flower and part of the group
is volunteer. I started by volunteering to hang quilts for the show. I
met and made so many good friends. The I volunteered to help run the
workshops. Not to toot my own horn, but apparently my enthusiasm is
catchy and I am so well liked and approached now...the current
president wants me to be the next pres when her two terms are over. I
KNOW the nominating committee will be all over me then. Not sure if I
am ready for that step though...I might put them off for another 2
years. ....

But I can tell you...having new people volunteer gets the guild's
juices FLOWING!

Melissa in NJ *32 yr old quilter*

Old October 21st 05, 06:06 PM
Tricia

Thank you all for the encouragement and the advice to jump in and
volunteer. I'm waiting until Jan to try again and see what I feel like
then. I like that there is a chance to win a collection of FQs at the
meetings -- 50 cents buys a raffle ticket =) Goodness knows, my stash
could always use improving =)

As for volunteering, I don't know much about anything in regards to
quilting. I know if there is a need for someone to do web page
maintainence or something similiar like that I'll be among the first to
put my name in -- I know how to do the behind the scenes stuff pretty
well when it doesn't involve a telephone (*shudder*) -- but for
organizing shows or presentations or whatever, I've not even attended
them to know what would need to be done =) For all my time hanging
around here in the last several years, I am still a quilt virgin.

Thanks,
Tricia

Melissa, I'm only 2 years behind ya =)

OT Salad for Guild Meeting She in PA Quilting 22 September 5th 05 10:01 AM
Guild Meeting Tina Quilting 17 April 30th 05 01:09 AM
UGHHH Guild Meeting Debbi Quilting 14 February 14th 05 02:35 PM
guild meeting last night DQLTS Quilting 0 February 11th 05 06:06 PM
Attended quilt guild meeting Linda Moody Quilting 5 January 31st 04 05:27 PM