Finished Pat's Geometric Pattern - pix

Old March 19th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Default Finished Pat's Geometric Pattern - pix

Finished a wall hanging using Pat's Logarithmic Spiral pattern from
her book, Geometric Quilts.
It was such fun to do and not so scary once I started grin. Using 2
wool challis fabrics for the background was an experiment that worked
really well. The wool gives a richness of colour and contrast against
the Japanese and batik fabrics of the Spiral.
Construction hint learnt: iron-on pellon does not adhere to wool! Who
else knew that?

It's dedicated to Pat!

Check it out at: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043NwnTlI

Cheers
Bronnie
Old March 19th 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight for ya, Bronnie! And for Pat too!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......

Old March 19th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Looks great! I've got Pat's book. I really need to find time to do a
project from it! The refrain "Too many quilts, too little time," just
keeps running through my head!!

Old March 19th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte

Very nice. Way to go Bronnie! And nice pattern Pat!

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old March 19th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

WOW Bronnie!!!!!!!!!!!
great job on that.
as i dont have Pats book...
is this a design from her book or one you made yourself with
inspiration from her designs in the book.
either way i love it.
well done you!!!
now i'm curious, do you start that in the middle and work
out?
must do i guess but darned if i can see which is the
starting piece.
oh well. not as if i need to know. tis enough to just see
your fabulous work.
cheers,
j.

"Bronnie" wrote...

Old March 19th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Bronnie wrote:

Finished a wall hanging using Pat's Logarithmic Spiral pattern from
her book, Geometric Quilts.
It was such fun to do and not so scary once I started grin. Using 2
wool challis fabrics for the background was an experiment that worked
really well. The wool gives a richness of colour and contrast against
the Japanese and batik fabrics of the Spiral.
Construction hint learnt: iron-on pellon does not adhere to wool! Who
else knew that?

It's dedicated to Pat!

Check it out at:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043NwnTlI

Cheers
Bronnie

Bronnie, that's really lovely! And I do like the dragonflies you quilted
into the background! Congratulations!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 19th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,

wrote:

Finished a wall hanging using Pat's Logarithmic Spiral pattern from
her book, Geometric Quilts.

Check it out at:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55460043NwnTlI

Carole, I know just what you mean! G I've assembled all of the fabrics
for the quilt I'm going to make from this book, and I've even copied the
pattern for paper piecing -- I just need to get a few more things out of
the way so I can concentrate on this one. LOL!

Old March 19th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Great news Sandy! I will wait patiently without being told what it is,
until I see it - in your own time g
Have fun!
..
In message , Sandy
writes

Carole, I know just what you mean! G I've assembled all of the fabrics
for the quilt I'm going to make from this book, and I've even copied the
pattern for paper piecing -- I just need to get a few more things out of
the way so I can concentrate on this one. LOL!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 19th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It's paper-pieced wedges Jeanne!
It's very much part of the idea that finding the first piece is a little
difficult!
Bronnie's quilt is very different in appearance to mine, because of the
different edging and the glorious colours.
..
In message , nzlstar*
writes

Old March 19th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

oh!
pp wedges, so you draw the design, then make paper templates
to join up.
not EPP? regular machine PP.
ok, must find my dresden wedge, will that work?
probly not.
i'll have to go peruse your website again.
this gets interesting'r and interesting'r (sic). )
Bronnie quilt sure looks fantastic.
hmmmmm, i have a bunch of orientals too.
hmmmmmm.
ok, enough of this hmmmmm'n jeanne.
you've got too many ideas in your head lately for your own
good.
that said, perhaps i can come up with a design that
incorporates some of those ideas into one design.
i'm thinking i'd like to make quilted headboard covers. the
board up there now i dont much like the timber colour but i
like having a headboard, thats on our bed.
then there is the currently getting set up spare room for
sleeping.
so much to do, so little energy, sigh....
designing tho only takes a pencil and paper and start
writing stuff down.
thanks to you, Pat, and Bronnie for adding to my list of
ideas.
cheers from somewhere on the planet earth (i hope),
jeanne
.
In message , nzlstar*
writes
WOW Bronnie!!!!!!!!!!!
great job on that.
as i dont have Pats book...
is this a design from her book or one you made yourself
with
inspiration from her designs in the book.
either way i love it.
well done you!!!
now i'm curious, do you start that in the middle and work
out?
must do i guess but darned if i can see which is the
starting piece.
oh well. not as if i need to know. tis enough to just see
your fabulous work.
cheers,
j.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Slant-Eyed Chinks and Gooks, nell loves, then Isabelle strongly explains a heavy sticker with Pat's winter, Queer Contortionist. David Formosa (aka ? the Platypussy) Knots 0 May 4th 06 09:48 AM
Finished! Pickupstix pattern joysjane Quilting 28 March 23rd 06 02:25 AM
Finished Calla Lilies-want the pattern? Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 9 December 17th 05 06:07 PM
Pat's Stitch and Turn KittyG Quilting 4 July 12th 04 03:37 PM
Pat's Pup... was Banned from the Garden!--very long Pat Porter Needlework 1 July 25th 03 10:00 PM