December and January Appliquéd BOMs

Old January 19th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Default December and January Appliquéd BOMs

I finished the appliquéd blocks!

I took GREAT liberties and went far astray from Elly's final
poinsettia pattern. I was inspired by her initial sketch, where the
petals weren't symmetrical. I didn't want the holly because I didn't
want it to appear to Christmassy. So I went with one larger
asymmetrical poinsettia, with notches in the petals and leaves so that
they resembled the real one I had for Christmas.

On the other block, designed by Barbara Dieges, I was a good little
girl and tried to follow the directions.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46414451vfUYyP

has the pictures.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old January 19th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

OOOOh WOW Carole! They are beautiful. I love what you did with the
poinsettia block. That looks far more realistic than the other one.
Great work. Thank you for sharing. I will have to get my thinking
cap of for February which is coming up soon
Hmmmm I think I'll go back for another look... Cheers! :-D
Elly

Old January 19th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
wrote:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46414451vfUYyP

Wow, Carole! Those are gorgeous!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old January 19th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
CaroleD

Thanks Elly and Sandy! I think I'm getting better at the appliqué process,
but I still don't find it enjoyable.
--
CaroleD - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW GA
My quilts, crafts, pets, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle/

Old January 20th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:46:29 -0500, Carole-Retired and Loving It
wrote:

I finished the appliquéd blocks!

I took GREAT liberties and went far astray from Elly's final
poinsettia pattern. I was inspired by her initial sketch, where the
petals weren't symmetrical. I didn't want the holly because I didn't
want it to appear to Christmassy.

That is funny. I don't consider holly to be a Christmas thing since
there have been holly bushes in the yard at nearly every place I've
lived. However, I feel that poinsettias absolutely scream Christmas.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/designsbydeb/
Old January 20th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
CaroninMichigan

On Jan 19, 3:46*pm, Carole-Retired and Loving It
wrote:
I finished the appliquéd blocks! *

Carole,
Beautiful work, and I love the colors you selected for both blocks.
Really pretty!

Caron in Michigan
http://blog.caronmosey.com
Old January 20th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Beautiful. And shaping up into a stunning quilt!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
music is all around us, all you
have to do is listen

Old January 20th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

They are just gorgeous, Carole. That January one is simply out of this
world. I love it - and still with your special colours. I'm with all
those who can hardly bear to wait to see this quilt arranged. I'm not
hassling you to finish it! but just to get the blocks placed together.
..
In message , Carole-Retired
and Loving It writes
I finished the appliquéd blocks!

I took GREAT liberties and went far astray from Elly's final
poinsettia pattern. I was inspired by her initial sketch, where the
petals weren't symmetrical. I didn't want the holly because I didn't
want it to appear to Christmassy. So I went with one larger
asymmetrical poinsettia, with notches in the petals and leaves so that
they resembled the real one I had for Christmas.

On the other block, designed by Barbara Dieges, I was a good little
girl and tried to follow the directions.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46414451vfUYyP

has the pictures.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 20th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Lovely! I did the January one this morning, but left off the small leaf and
bud. Just too crowded at 4.5". Still contemplating the poinsettia.
Roberta in D

"Carole-Retired and Loving It" schrieb
im Newsbeitrag ...

Old January 20th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Roberta, this baby is going to get as much anticipating as Carole's!
(and others I'm sure). I'm glad you're up to date. I haven't tried to
include this year's in my 'list', but I still love the idea.

In message , Roberta Zollner
writes