I did my first crochet square

Old February 29th 04, 05:22 PM
bibe

Default I did my first crochet square

With much help from sugestions and links from here, I did it. I made a 6x6
square yesterday for my March partner in crochet. I spent alot of time
looking at websites for explenations on how to do things, but it went
fairly well. I always wanted to learn to crochet, and it is all because of
the 6x6 exchange that I learned. Last month I learned to crochet a border
around my knitted squares, and this month I did an entire square, and if I
do say so myself, it's not too shabby . Wish I could show you all a
picture, but I don't want my partner to see it before she receives it in
the mail.

I had tried several times years ago to learn to crochet, and I finally did
it. I think it's just because I was so determined to learn...
Old February 29th 04, 05:50 PM
Maine-iac Rose

That is wonderful, I had the same problem learning knitting eons ago, but
with the help of a friend, she got me going in the right direction. Why I
didn't think to ask my mom what I was doing wrong in the first place, got me
baffled, but I finally got it. Because I was messing up on the knitting, I
went to my paternal grandmother and learned how to crochet. I keep seeing
these 6X6 square received, and eventually want to get into that, but just am
too busy at the moment. But I know that I'll get into that also.
See what happens when we put our minds to something? hehehe

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

Old February 29th 04, 06:00 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Julie,

Congratulations on doing your first square. Now there are so many things that
you can make you won't know what to make first.

Hugs,

Nora
Old February 29th 04, 06:10 PM
bibe

"Maine-iac Rose" wrote in
:

That is wonderful, I had the same problem learning knitting eons ago,
but with the help of a friend, she got me going in the right
direction. Why I didn't think to ask my mom what I was doing wrong in
the first place, got me baffled, but I finally got it. Because I was
messing up on the knitting, I went to my paternal grandmother and
learned how to crochet. I keep seeing these 6X6 square received, and
eventually want to get into that, but just am too busy at the moment.
But I know that I'll get into that also. See what happens when we put
our minds to something? hehehe

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

"bibe" wrote in message

snip
I had tried several times years ago to learn to crochet, and I
finally did it. I think it's just because I was so determined to
learn...

Thank you It's a wonderful thing to know how to do both.
Old February 29th 04, 06:35 PM
Liz

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:22:49 GMT, bibe wrote:

I had tried several times years ago to learn to crochet, and I finally did
it. I think it's just because I was so determined to learn...

Well done! It is lovely to be able to share in your celebration of
your new skill. My similar triumph was not with crochet or knitting
- both of which I had learned at a basic level from my grandmothers -
but with tatting! Oh wow! The feeling when I cracked that! Thanks
for reminding me ;-)
--
Liz Hanson
Old February 29th 04, 07:06 PM
Karen in MN

"bibe" wrote in message
With much help from sugestions and links from here, I did it. I made a 6x6
square yesterday for my March partner in crochet. I spent alot of time
looking at websites for explenations on how to do things, but it went
fairly well. I always wanted to learn to crochet, and it is all because of
the 6x6 exchange that I learned. Last month I learned to crochet a border
around my knitted squares, and this month I did an entire square, and if I
do say so myself, it's not too shabby . Wish I could show you all a
picture, but I don't want my partner to see it before she receives it in
the mail.

I had tried several times years ago to learn to crochet, and I finally did
it. I think it's just because I was so determined to learn...

WAY TO GO!!! Betcha can't wait to do the next ones!

Karen in MN

Old February 29th 04, 09:02 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:22:49 GMT, bibe wrote:

With much help from sugestions and links from here, I did it. I made a 6x6
square yesterday for my March partner in crochet. I spent alot of time
looking at websites for explenations on how to do things, but it went
fairly well. I always wanted to learn to crochet, and it is all because of
the 6x6 exchange that I learned. Last month I learned to crochet a border
around my knitted squares, and this month I did an entire square, and if I
do say so myself, it's not too shabby . Wish I could show you all a
picture, but I don't want my partner to see it before she receives it in
the mail.

I had tried several times years ago to learn to crochet, and I finally did
it. I think it's just because I was so determined to learn...

That's SO great!
Hey, if your partner ISN'T a member of the smartgroup... put it up there!
Noreen

--
http://mail2office.tripod.com/noreensknitche/
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings/

change n e t to c o m to email me.
Old February 29th 04, 09:04 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:35:45 +0000, Liz wrote:

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:22:49 GMT, bibe wrote:

I had tried several times years ago to learn to crochet, and I finally did
it. I think it's just because I was so determined to learn...

Well done! It is lovely to be able to share in your celebration of
your new skill. My similar triumph was not with crochet or knitting
- both of which I had learned at a basic level from my grandmothers -
but with tatting! Oh wow! The feeling when I cracked that! Thanks
for reminding me ;-)

OMG, Liz! I learned Knitting and crocheting from my Mom, and NOBODY did
tatting, so I cracked IT 'myself' too!! Small world!
Love,
Noreen

Old February 29th 04, 09:20 PM
bibe

Noreen's Knit*che wrote in
:

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:22:49 GMT, bibe wrote:

snip
Wish I could show you all a picture, but I don't want my partner to
see it before she receives it in the mail.

snip
That's SO great!
Hey, if your partner ISN'T a member of the smartgroup... put it up
there! Noreen

She dosen't seem to be a part of the smartgroup (I didn't see any Sue on
the list), but I can't be sure. My partner is Sue C.D.