Glass Furnaces

Old October 14th 05, 10:42 AM
Fabiaoit

Default Glass Furnaces

Hi All,

If you are looking for small glass furnaces for Beginners check this
site: www.falorniglass.com They have small furnaces called MICROGLASS
with a capacity from 10 to 75 kg of workable glass.

I bought one and it's great. Very easy to use.

Fab

Old October 15th 05, 12:22 AM
Mike Firth

Interesting design. With a person near it, it looks small and without
much insulation. Getting one to the states at 770-991 pounds for the two
smallest is a bit costly.
The gas usage given translates to about 160,000 Btu per hour for melting
and about 53,000 for holding for the 30 Kg model (middle) which gives 66#
working and 88# capacity. The only interior dimension is linear 13.77
inches (350mm) so we have to assume a sphere which gives about 0.6 of a
cubic foot - glass commonly is said to weigh 150#/cu.ft. which (89.6)
matches the capacity given 88.

--
Mike Firth
No more levees
"Fabiaoit" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

If you are looking for small glass furnaces for Beginners check this
site: www.falorniglass.com They have small furnaces called MICROGLASS
with a capacity from 10 to 75 kg of workable glass.

I bought one and it's great. Very easy to use.

Fab

Help from the US glass people, please? Su/Cutworks Beads 21 October 7th 04 10:14 PM
Soldering jump rings with glass Robin Jewelry 9 September 9th 04 04:41 AM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM