Another First

Old April 23rd 05, 12:46 AM
Sheila Heinrich

Cynthia - re your search for black lace for DD's dress.

Where are you when you talk about phoning across the country to
Montreal? I assume you are somewhere
in Canada.

Sheila in Calgary

" By the way, did you see any
black
lace fabric? For some strange reason, there seems to be no lace fabric
in
this part of the world! My DD is graduating this year and has decided
that
for her prom dress she wants an iridescent wine taffeta fabric overlaid
with
black lace.....but there's no lace to be seen! I might end up phoning
across the country to Montreal......"

Old April 23rd 05, 02:21 AM
Juno

, BEI Design of uttered

It's an attempt to prevent address harvesting.

Beverly, you couldn't have done it to a more deserving peron.Love it!
I shall mow pull in my carefully manicured claws and retire to a quiet
spot.Perhaps peace shall return to the group.
Juno

Old April 23rd 05, 05:29 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

Crepe and chiffon! Hate, hate, hate the stuff - and yet still sew it
because the results can only be achieved with those two horrendous fabrics.
Absolutely will not sew with poly velvet. Been there, done that - results
aren't worth it. Stretch velvet, on the other hand, is worth the bother.
'True' velvet is a pain to sew with, but also well worth the bother.
Chinese silk can be a nightmare (frays from a ten yard distance!) but the
finished outfits are a dream.....
If Cea is referring to a poly organza type stuff, it is used in dance
costumes that need the stiffness that it lends - but anyone allowing it to
touch unprotected skin deserves to be shot at dawn....
Just my Canadian cent and a half.
Cynthia
"Elizabeth Young" wrote in message
m...
wrote:
---
Wow. Well. blinking in utter astonishment
Bloodletting. Without the rotary cutter.
This thread took an unexpected turn, dinnit? I suspect no harm was
meant, civility usually rules here.
Some might say, except when I'm on a tear, but even then, I try to see
the ridiculous side of things.
Now, what fabric do each of you sew folk hate, and why?
I keep seeing this crunchy, scratchy-feeling, crinkled, semi-sheer
poly, which feels so nasty that I cannot imagine any use for it. Even
underlined, it would feel like steel wool brushing one's arms.
Cea

I hate poly velvet. Stuff crawls sideways when sewing.

liz

Old April 23rd 05, 08:21 AM
BEI Design

"Juno" wrote in message

Beverly, you couldn't have done it to a more deserving peron.Love
it!
I shall mow pull in my carefully manicured claws and retire to a
quiet
spot.Perhaps peace shall return to the group.
Juno

Done what? Did I miss something? ;-

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old April 23rd 05, 08:56 AM
BEI Design

"Arri London" biotech at ic.ac.uk wrote in message

BEI Design wrote:

a.heywood [at] tesco.net

It's an attempt to prevent address harvesting.

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Which you now ruined by publishing the address..............

And you "published" it again in *your* post because............

AIUI, putting _spaces_ in the address foils most commonly used
harvesting bots, BIMBW. If so, I apologize, it was not my intention.
I hope the "[...]" ameliorates the damage.

Old April 23rd 05, 09:07 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Arri London of no uttered
Which you now ruined by publishing the address..............

And you compounded it!

thought you university types were supposed to have a brain?

Guess it must be one between you ...
--

AJH
Old April 23rd 05, 09:10 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , BEI Design of uttered
And you "published" it again in *your* post because............

AIUI, putting _spaces_ in the address foils most commonly used
harvesting bots, BIMBW. If so, I apologize, it was not my intention. I
hope the "[...]" ameliorates the damage.

And you doing it *again* achieves what, you prize berk?

If I choose not to publish a valid email address, that is my choice
*not* yours

--
AJH
no email address supplied
Old April 23rd 05, 04:07 PM
Juno

"BEI Design" wrote in message
"Juno" wrote in message

Done what? Did I miss something? ;-

--
Beverly

I believe it was you who took the time to figure out the grandiose scheme,
The very wordy way some people try to hide their email addy.I believe that
"SHE" has said she's out of here.
Juno

Old April 23rd 05, 04:32 PM
BEI Design

"Juno" wrote in message

I believe it was you who took the time to figure out the grandiose
scheme,
The very wordy way some people try to hide their email addy.I
believe that
"SHE" has said she's out of here.
Juno

Ah, *that*. I am all in favor of disguising e-mail addresses when
posting on Usenet. My first few posts in the clear a few years back
invoked a "Whole Buncha Spam"®. I believe that by adding the spaces I
left her address unreadable by a harvesting bot. I may be wrong, if
so I'm sorry.

I believe that
"SHE" has said she's out of here.
Juno

An outcome devoutly to be desired.

Old April 23rd 05, 04:53 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Elizabeth
M. Phillips of Buffalo Free-Net uttered

What is all this alpha dot hotel, etc. stuff? I see it else where and
cannot figure it out. Must be a code obviously.

It's the international phonic alphabet - never had to spell out a name
or address by phone and had it mistranscribed

For airplanes in the States, it used to be: able baker charlie, etc.

But I'm not in the States, so I used the International one - oh, and we
have aeroplanes here, in any case

--
AJH
no email address supplied