Where is everybody?

Old March 25th 05, 06:10 AM
Sharon Harper

Know that we are all there supporting you however we can (kinda like control
top pantyhose - we keep you nice and snug) and will still be here when it's
over (continuing the analogy - we, like it, are indestructable!).

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (who is glad to have
put a smile on your face)

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I've just had the hardest in a series of family problems. This one I

can't
really discuss, but it's going to cause tremendous legal outcomes that
affect my children. I've been very busy trying to protect the children

and
to find a way to make sure they're safe once and for all.

This stuff isn't even good enough for a Jerry Springer show, if you catch

my
drift.

I'll be back when the court stuff is finalized.

"Valkyrie" wrote in message
I'm right here. I had to move last summer because of all kinds of

reasons,
mostly health and lost my sewing room. Had to get rid of LOTS of things
that I had become quite attached to, like my grandmother's bed and my
mangle Ironrite ironer and Lord knows how much stash and craft stuff and
two sewing machines. I also had to get rid of all my bird stuff and
outdoor plants since there was no balcony or patio at the new place. I

had
to move into a TINY one bedroom apartment that got next to no
sunlight.......I felt like I was living in a cave, and since I don't get
out very often it was really beginning to take a toll on me. I was told
that there would be a little larger one bedroom coming up in a month
(which should have been August) so I never really unpacked. I felt like

was living in a storage locker with boxes piled to the ceiling on most

of
the walls and just a few trails just wide enough for my wheelchair to

get
to bed, bath and kitchen. Now, eight months later and I'm really in the
dumps, haven't seen my sewing, crafts or books and finally tossed out

all
my once lush but now dead house plants. The kids next door are always
crying, and who ever lives above me I swear gives clogging lessons about
14 hours a day. I am not a happy camper (

Now for the rest of the story.....I was inform last week by the property
management people they were really sorry that I had been misinformed by
the no longer here managers and that I will be able to move May 1st into

TWO bedroom on the top floor, corner apartment with a HUGE balcony! The
bedrooms aren't nearly as large as in my former two bedroom but I WILL
have a place to put out my sewing and craft things and the window of

that
room is HUGE and looks right out onto the balcony where I will once

again
have my flowers and bird feeders and birdbath fountain. It faces

southwest
so I will have lots of light for my plants and a view of the mountains

and
a peak of the sound......and a fireplace! And if that isn't good news
enough......they are going to be putting in all new carpeting, my

choice,
flooring and counter tops, also my choice and will plumb the closet in

the
room that I will use for my sewing so that I can put my stacking washer
dryer in there.....and all new appliances, self cleaning oven, (happy
dance), fridge and dishwasher.

The new managers are just a darling young couple with an 8 month old

baby.
They have this place really coming together. The hallways are vacuumed
regularly, lobby is always clean and no litter around and fix things as
soon as you ask.......plus I get to play with the sweetest little fellow
When they come to vacuum my hallway, usually 'daddy', he has the

baby
in the stroller and we have worked out a deal.....I play with baby while
he cleans for the 20 minutes it takes him to vacuum and he takes out my
garbage to the dumpster. Works nicely! I know the people who will be my
new neighbors and they are very nice (and quiet) and I won't have
'cloggers' overhead since I'm on the top floor. The actual move is being
taken care of by new friends I have met at church. As one lady put
it......we have half the high school football team here, between the
ladies taking care of breakables and the boys doing the heavy stuff

we'll
have you moved, unpacked and settled in no time.

I had given all my outdoor plants to a gentleman who is a good friend of

good friend. He has called to say that all but two of the containers

made
it through the winter and when I was ready he and his boys will be more
than happy to deliver and set them up for me. You have no idea how happy

am!! I just needed to share with you all since these newsgroups have

sort
of given me my vicarious joy while I was going through these really
depressing months.

Life is good!

Val
"Cynthia Spilsted" wrote in message
Okay ladies (and gents):
Get out from under your crinolines, prom dresses, quilts and costumes

and
check in with us!
I have visions of Tom being rolled down the streets of New York having
eaten
too much (sorry, I'm still envious!), Joy getting mugged by American

Doll
collectors for her patterns, Cea being locked up for bopping Bridezilla
for
one two many outbursts (the first one - it saves us the agony!) and

Kate
getting into goodness knows what trouble....
Melinda, I expect, has just been swamped.....(literally and

physically!)
Two days and no posts............I might have to go back down and
actually
sew those costumes I've been avoiding!
Cynthia

Old March 25th 05, 10:34 AM
Kate Dicey

Mystified One wrote:
I've just had the hardest in a series of family problems. This one I can't
really discuss, but it's going to cause tremendous legal outcomes that
affect my children. I've been very busy trying to protect the children and
to find a way to make sure they're safe once and for all.

This stuff isn't even good enough for a Jerry Springer show, if you catch my
drift.

I'll be back when the court stuff is finalized.

Wishing you well in all your troubles. I'm sure you would tell us if
you could, so our prayers could be more specific if you could, but
meanwhile, the good luck vibes are on the way.

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 25th 05, 02:51 PM
Pat in Virginia

Yeah, and even if we hit a snag, we are still
pretty reliable! Some may run, but the rest stay
firm!!
Anon.

Old March 26th 05, 12:01 AM

Mystified One wrote:
I've just had the hardest in a series of family problems. This one I can't
really discuss, but it's going to cause tremendous legal outcomes that
affect my children. I've been very busy trying to protect the children and
to find a way to make sure they're safe once and for all.

I am so sorry. I have gone through something similar in my own life.
Thankfully we all came out of it safe and sound, and I will be praying
that you will, too.

((((((((((Mystified One)))))))))))