Photographing your beads

Old July 2nd 04, 05:11 AM
Lara

Couldn't have said it better myself Tink.

Great post. I haven't needed to ask for your help, but would not hesitate in
the future to seek you out.

Lara

"Craftology" wrote in message
* From a self-serving standpoint, perhaps the person I help today will
be in a position to help me another time.

EXACTLY! I loved your post....every single word of it!

Caren

Old July 2nd 04, 05:13 AM
Karen_AZ

Quickie S'mores (in the microwave)

graham crackers, spread with nutella, a marshmallow or two, another cracker.
Nuke for 15 seconds. Mmmmmmm!

KarenK

Old July 2nd 04, 05:16 AM
Carla

I remember my very first taste of Nutella. I remember thinking "So this
is what all the fuss is about?"

Eh...not a fan, myself

Give me salty things that crunch when ya chew 'em, and I'm happy.

Cheers,
Carla

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Me too but white bread can be good with a bit of Nutella schmeared on it.

(I finally bought some of that stuff - oh my gawd! It's wonderful!!!)

Old July 2nd 04, 05:27 AM
Tinkster

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 04:16:09 GMT, Carla
wrote:

I remember my very first taste of Nutella. I remember thinking "So this
is what all the fuss is about?"

Eh...not a fan, myself

Give me salty things that crunch when ya chew 'em, and I'm happy.

Mmmmm! Pretzels dipped in Nutella!

:-)
Old July 2nd 04, 05:29 AM
starlia

This is one place I've always felt at home. You won't see me going
anywhere.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Candace" wrote in message
I would be sorely disapointed if either of you, or anyone else I consider

my
friend, stopped posting because of of what one person said. And I mean
disapointed on more than one level.

I kinda felt the same way. Tucking tail and scooting Trinkett over in

the
doggy tent.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Wow. Okay. Well, I'm not sure what to say about this. I think I

should
probably just lie low for awhile.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I don't understand how artists can be competitors. It's not like

every
lampwork artist is making the exact same thing. Were Chagall and

Miro
competitors? I sure don't think so.
Seems to me that lampwork varies greatly. The best pictures in the

world
aren't going to sell me on lampwork beads that I don't like. I do

care
about
the type of person I'm buying from and after reading some of these

posts,
I'll
be thinking twice before purchasing from those who feel that helping
someone
less experienced is a nuisance. Perhaps if you don't want to be

bothered
with
questions you shouldn't post your ads here or sell on the interent.

If
the ad
links to the auctions/websites with the great pictures can't be seen

then
maybe
there won't be anyone to bother you with questions about those

pictures.

Caren

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged

beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 2nd 04, 05:30 AM
Tinkster

....and I'll be happy to assist if I can. I can pretty much bet you
that I'll learn something about something in the process :-)

Thank you, too, Caren. I'm glad to see I'm not totally alone on this
side of the discussion!

Tink

Old July 2nd 04, 06:11 AM
Kalera Stratton

I used to get this kind of thing all the time! I remember being asked
where some competing lighting store was... and when I said I didn't
know, the woman got all angry with me! I said "But I've never been
there! Isn't it in the phone book?" and she thought I was being SNOTTY.
I also had a woman call me from "the intersection with the Red Robin"
and ask me how to get to the store from there. I tried and tried to
figure out which Red Robin she was at, but I couldn't... and she got
****y at me. I finally said "If *YOU* don't know where you are, and *I*
don't know where you are, HOW CAN I TELL YOU HOW TO GET HERE FROM
THERE?". She hung up on me.

All that aside, I rather like answering questions from other
lampworkers... though Sooz is quite right, the answers are on the Web
already if you google them.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

JoAnn Paules wrote:
I used to work for a needlework shop here in York. One day a woman called
the shop and the owner answered. This woman had the chutzpah to ask for
directions to get to a larger shop about 60 miles south of here. And then
she got ****y when Gail refused to tell her.

When I worked for Gateway Country we often got phone calls asking us where
they could buy Dell computers.

Some people are absolutely clueless.

Old July 2nd 04, 06:14 AM
Kalera Stratton

Sooz dear, how can I make my pictures look like the ones I see on the
Internet, with this $12 disposable camera and a 60-watt light bulb?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
This has come to my attention.....not because anyone here asked in the last
week, but because of those who contact their fellow beadmakers asking for tips.

If you don't know how to photograph your beads, learn. Google it. Research
it. Do NOT email fellow jewelry-makers or lampworkers, asking them how to do
it.

How in the world do you get the nerve to ask them to teach you how? Does
Angelina Jolie give lessons on how to be sexy to J.Lo? Hell NO. They are
COMPETITORS. Does Usher give Justin Timberlake tips on how to have a hit
record? NO! They are COMPETITORS.

How can you ask someone who's competing with you for customers to help you do
this? Don't you realize you're asking them how to make you a BIGGER THREAT to
their income?

SERIOUSLY. Are you even thinking at ALL???????? Do you go to the girlfriend
of the guy you like, and ask her, "How can I get him to be MY boyfriend? What
does he like in bed?"
~~
Sooz

Old July 2nd 04, 06:15 AM
Kalera Stratton

Ohhh.... dear!

See, THIS is why the credit card processors lump us in with drug dealers
and pornographers!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Candace wrote:
Having seen your picture, I'm not sure *anything* would melt in your mouth.
;-)

--
JoAnn Paules

I'm sure Kevin would...and does.