Christmas (stitching) wish list

Old December 20th 03, 01:21 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/19/03 3:21 PM, in article
, "Karen C - California"
wrote:

In article , Ellice writes:

He has been known to just go to
the LNS and ask the owner - what would E like? That works pretty well ;^)

For a while, there was a clerk who knew exactly what I wanted, what I had been
drooling over and putting back.

One year, I wrote it out for him on a piece of paper, the phone number, and
"Please kit up Oh Christmas Tree, and I will be there in half an hour to pick
it up." She called the office to ask me what fabric I wanted, and while we
were on the phone, suggested several other charts I might like, which found
their way into the bag. She stapled the bag shut, with reassurance that he
was
not the type who would open it and wrap the contents. He walked in, wrote a
check, and was out in two minutes. I made a big fuss over OCT, but carefully
did not dump out the bag until he'd gone to work. Then I found what *she*
thought I'd like. He had no idea that he'd bought more than just the supplies
for OCT.

Thanks for that chuckle.

Cheryl

Old December 20th 03, 07:51 PM
Ellice

On 12/19/03 8:17 PM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

Hey Ellice - you just need more daylilies in your garden!
Cheryl

LOL - when you come road trip in the spring - you can check it out. Right
now we have only about a dozen. But, you're right - and they grow really
well.

ellice

Old December 20th 03, 07:52 PM
Ellice

On 12/19/03 11:40 PM,"Dr. Brat" posted:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Hey Ellice - you just need more daylilies in your garden!

You are evil, evil, evil, Cheryl. But absolutely the most fun to
daylily shop with.

Yeah - but it's a good evil ;^) Wait til I enable her with more hockey
stuff.

ellice

Old December 20th 03, 08:05 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Hey Ellice - you just need more daylilies in your garden!

You are evil, evil, evil, Cheryl. But absolutely the most fun to
daylily shop with.

Yeah - but it's a good evil ;^) Wait til I enable her with more hockey
stuff.

ellice

I love our mutual enabling society here!
Cheryl

Old December 26th 03, 12:02 AM
Rhea

Laury,

I agree with you about the DMC colors. I use the 930-932 blues and the 223
pinks along with the 500 greens. I chalk it up to my perference in antique
samplers and I guess they didn't use many varying colors. However, there are
other colors in the line that are similar, but slightly different. I would love
to use up some of those skeins that are just laying in my box.
Rhea from KY, USA