Have you ever......

Old January 25th 04, 07:46 AM
Patti

Of course, doesn't everyone?
Also, a fantastic resource is tiled church floors. My absolute
favourite. I've done two, and plan to do more. Church windows, too -
the pane patterns (stained glass too, but I meant the plain glass for
patterns).
..
In article , Sharon
Harper writes
Used a public bathroom and sat looking at the pattern on the tiled floor
thinking it would make a fantastic quilt? I did, several times a day on my
last trip away. Gonna jot that sucker down and quilt it one day!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 25th 04, 09:38 AM
Sharon Harper

I'm on my waaaay........real soon!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Come visit with me. You will love my bathroom - it has a great quilt

pattern
floor + you can enjoy good music, fine lighting and can admire my funny

Fitz
and Floyd collection of bathtubs. I've worked hard to make that bathroom
stop looking like something straight from Ramada Inn. Polly

"Shstringfellow" wrote in message
Used a public bathroom and sat looking at the pattern on the tiled

floor
thinking it would make a fantastic quilt?

No, but I sat and figured out how to make a block out of the pattern on

an
old
book cover from the library where I work! It would kind of be a block

with
pinwheel blocks on the corners!
SueS

Old January 25th 04, 09:39 AM
Sharon Harper

owww - catty! LOL

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
It would help if you would stop stealing their towels and displaying them

so
prominently.
Diana :-)

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old January 25th 04, 09:39 AM
Sharon Harper

Now there's a thought.......(running for the notebook)

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"John A." wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:27:32 +1100, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

Used a public bathroom and sat looking at the pattern on the tiled floor
thinking it would make a fantastic quilt? I did, several times a day on

my
last trip away. Gonna jot that sucker down and quilt it one day!

Well, there's a precedent with manhole covers. Start making restroom
floor quilts and document the source of each design and you've got the
makings of a new book.

JA

Old January 25th 04, 12:18 PM
Krysia Thompson

wrote:

Used a public bathroom and sat looking at the pattern on the tiled floor
thinking it would make a fantastic quilt? I did, several times a day on my
last trip away. Gonna jot that sucker down and quilt it one day!

I saw a beautiful marienrs compass on the floor in the dental
hospital yesterday...the colours were sort of
Thimbleberries/Debbie Mumm )

Krysia with a tooth
K.T. - starannie opakowana

Old January 25th 04, 07:05 PM
Julia in MN

Sure. And not just bathroom floors. I realized one day that the vinyl
flooring in my kitchen could be a quilt -- all half-square triangles. On
our last trip to Las Vegas, I found myself taking pictures of floors and
other architectural details, thinking they might be an inspiration for a
quilt some day. Also took quite a few pictures at Scotty's Castle in
Death Valley for quilt inspiration.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old January 25th 04, 09:45 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
LOL!!!
Thanks, John.

"On the Throne"

"Ladies only"

"Johnny Come Lately"

"Splish-Splash"

"Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Stars"

"Showers of Quilts"

"When the ROLL is Called Up Yonder"

"Gotta' Go Quilts"

--ya' know, this could go on....

Ragmop/Sandy--hospital floors, bathrooms, hotel floors...
"John A." wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:39:40 +1100, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

Now there's a thought.......(running for the notebook)

What to call it, though...

"A Facility for Design"

"In Loo of Creativity"

"Restful Quilts"

"Homage to Porcelain"

...and as a subtitles or blurbs on the back cover...

"Sit and Think About Quilt Design"

"Quilts inspired by floors you'd never want your quilt to touch."

JA

Old January 25th 04, 11:58 PM
melinda

John A. wrote:
wrote:

Now there's a thought.......(running for the notebook)

What to call it, though...
"A Facility for Design"
"In Loo of Creativity"
"Restful Quilts"
"Homage to Porcelain"
...and as a subtitles or blurbs on the back cover...
"Sit and Think About Quilt Design"
"Quilts inspired by floors you'd never want your quilt to touch."

What about
"Ablution Blocks"
"Quilts from the Water Closet"

--