Tutu's DJ on Tour

Old August 5th 03, 08:41 PM
Tutu Haynes-Smart

Nice to "see" you, Judy! Biffy has been terribly busy running the !computer
shop and internet cafe!! started by one of her sons - and has been too
rushed to do much sewing (or much emailing either!!) so I haven't actually
got together with her for ages. No, generally, we are a quiet bunch here at
present - perhaps we all just go into hibernation, and wait for winter to
pass!

--
Cheers for now

Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa
Judy Grevenites wrote in message
Hi Tutu! I won't be ale to get to one of the shows but I can tell
everyone just how beautiful some of those indigos are. The fabric is to
die for!! I can just imagine how the Dear Judy (DJ?) quilt looks.

Have you heard anythig from Biffy or Joyce lately? South Africa has
been pretty quiet for awhile.

Congratulations again on your quilt.
RedQueen

Old August 5th 03, 08:41 PM
Tutu Haynes-Smart

I'm so proud of you!

Krysia

Thanks ever so much - hope your next Polish trip goes well!

--
Cheers for now

Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa
Krysia Thompson wrote in message

My ISP has refused to let me have ANY RCTQ posts for four days - even my

own
... so thought I would just add a bit to my previous post:

My indigo DJ will be going on from Lansing & Manchester to Pennsylvania
National Quilt Extravaganza (Fort Washington 18-21 Sept) and then to

Pacific
International Quilt Festival (Santa Clara, October 9-12) before tottering
home again (I hope). So people, if you are going to either of these two
shows - have a look at the International Exhibition area. I reckon that

an
awful lot of the other touring quilts will not be in the "Traditional"

mould
so poor old Jane may feel a bit out of place (I have seen some of the
wonderful innovative pieces from Australia and South Africa that went

with
past years travelling exhibitions ... blew my socks off!!)

K.T. - starannie opakowana

Old August 5th 03, 08:43 PM
Tutu Haynes-Smart

I'll take photos of your quilt.'

And yours too - PLEASE! I'd love to see a manhole quilt - I have just read
about them.

How's the shoulder, Kris??
--
Cheers for now

Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa
QuiltR1024 wrote in message
In article , "Tutu Haynes-Smart"
writes:

My indigo DJ will be going on from Lansing & Manchester to Pennsylvania
National Quilt Extravaganza (Fort Washington 18-21 Sept)

Tutu,
I'll be going to the Ft. Washington Quilt show in September. I'll say

"hi"
to your quilt for you. I can't wait to see it in person.
I have two Japanese manhole Cover quilts hanging in a special exhibit

there
too.
Kris ( in northern Virginia)

Old August 5th 03, 08:46 PM
Tutu Haynes-Smart

about the Ft Washington show is the exhibits of quilts from international
quilters. It really is great to see how others "see" quilting!

As far as I know from past exhibitors - a lot of the Southern Hemisphere
travelling quilts are in the innovative categories - I saw some of last
year's South African crop and they were pretty awesome, as were the
Australian entries. Pity we don't get to see the exhibition HERE!!!

--
Cheers for now

Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa
Brenda Reid Brenda Reid at Cablespeed dot com wrote in message
I will be going to Ft Washington and will be on the lookout for your

lovely
Dear Jane quilt. I may be a little prejudiced because I started mine (too
many years ago now) in blue and white fabrics. One of the things I love
Brenda Reid
Quilt Show Groupie
Severn, Maryland, USA

Old August 5th 03, 10:23 PM
QuiltR1024

writes:

And yours too - PLEASE! I'd love to see a manhole quilt - I have just read
about them.

Tutu,
here is the web site that shows the Japanese Manhole Cover books and the
gallery shows a few of the quilts. I have quilts in all three of her books and
traveling in both of her traveling exhibits.

http://www.carriagetradepress.com/

I also have a purple and oange lily quilt in her book "Quilting in the Morning
Calm".
If you cliorange book cover, you'll get to a page talking about the book.
There is a section called "Quilts from new Book" . If you click on it you'll
get to this page.

http://www.carriagetradepress.com/book3.html
http://www.carriagetradepress.com/newestquilts.html

Mine is the first quilt in the corner. if you click on it, you'll get a
larger photo. I have to keep looking at the "Trunk Show Locations" to see
where my quilts are going next.
I have my manhole cover quilts in her books " Treasurers Underfoot" and
"Quiltign With manhole Covers".

You'll just have to come and visit ( I live just south of Washington DC)
and go to some of these larger quilt shows with me. Pat W. live only about 2
1/2 hours down the highway .

Kris ( in northern Virginia)

Old August 5th 03, 10:28 PM
Pat in Virginia

Woo Hoo! I'll be there too ... with Kris btw! Maybe I'll take
picture of Kris with Tutu's quilt and she can take one of me with
it! We can brag that we know you! PAT in VA/USA

Old August 6th 03, 01:29 AM
QuiltR1024

In article , "Kathy Applebaum"
writes:

Just TOO gorgeous, Kris! (And the next time you have any doubts about being
an art quilter, remind me to march right over there and SLAP you! *grin*)

If you ever get tired of any of your quilts, you have my address. They'll
get a good, loving home.

Kathy,
Thanks. I also make traditional quilts and have them on all the beds. Pat
W. came to stay over to go to the Lancaster Quilt show & got to choose which
large quilt she wanted to sleep under. I think she chose the Flordia Keys
queen size bed quilt. big grin I like to hand and machine quilt too.

Kris ( in northern Virginia)

Old August 6th 03, 07:40 AM
nzl*

oh Tutu,
how exciting for you. ya wont need those socks as you should be on cloud
nine bout now. we're all very proud of you round the old cyberquilting
frame.
....and doncha worry bout Jane, she'll hold her own among the others just
fine and dandy!!
jeanne*
i wonder if i'll make it to either of these shows, hmmmmmm
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....

"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote...
| My ISP has refused to let me have ANY RCTQ posts for four days - even my
own
| ... so thought I would just add a bit to my previous post:
|
| My indigo DJ will be going on from Lansing & Manchester to Pennsylvania
| National Quilt Extravaganza (Fort Washington 18-21 Sept) and then to
Pacific
| International Quilt Festival (Santa Clara, October 9-12) before tottering
| home again (I hope). So people, if you are going to either of these two
| shows - have a look at the International Exhibition area. I reckon that an
| awful lot of the other touring quilts will not be in the "Traditional"
mould
| so poor old Jane may feel a bit out of place (I have seen some of the
| wonderful innovative pieces from Australia and South Africa that went with
| past years travelling exhibitions ... blew my socks off!!)
| --
| Cheers for now
| Tutu
| Cape Town, South Africa

---

Old August 9th 03, 06:56 PM
Dr. Quilter

where and when is the Pacific International Quilt Festival? Sounds like
it could be around here....

Tutu Haynes-Smart wrote:
[...]

Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old August 9th 03, 08:42 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
where and when is the Pacific International Quilt Festival? Sounds like
it could be around here....

Alas, it's about 800 miles south of you, as I recall. It's in Santa Clara,
California in October of every year. The 9-12 this year.
(http://www.quiltfest.com/)

But you could hop on Amtrak and meet up with us, or Southwest has some cheap
flights!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps