Batik "Monster" is Finished

Old March 4th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Sharing projects was Batik "Monster" is Finished

Blush, Thanks Sandy...but I wasn't trying to elicit that response! I just
meant that what we take for granted and even mediocre (compared to the REAL
quilt artists) can impress people who usually don't get to see quilts unlike
their grandmother's.
Thanks again.
Kathyl

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article CdhOf.591865$084.577677@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

These are some that were at the bank show. Nothing new...but it's
interesting how pieces we get used to living with around the house or
studio
can really excite someone when they see it the first time!

You're right Kathyl! And they can really excite someone, too, when they
see them after a long time of *not* seeing them! Congratulations -- your
work is beautiful.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old March 4th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kathyl, they may not be new, but I'm seeing them for the first time and they
are just wonderful! I'm sure the general public viewing them at the bank
must be astounded at what quilting encompasses.

Donna973
There is no MAYBE in my reply address

These are some that were at the bank show. Nothing new...but it's
interesting how pieces we get used to living with around the house or
studio can really excite someone when they see it the first time!
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 4th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article VyjOf.592029$084.543923@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

Blush, Thanks Sandy...but I wasn't trying to elicit that response!

Oh, I sort of suspected that, Kathyl! But it's true.

I just
meant that what we take for granted and even mediocre (compared to the REAL
quilt artists) can impress people who usually don't get to see quilts unlike
their grandmother's.
Thanks again.
Kathyl

And you're right about that, too.

Old March 4th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
Yee-Haw!

Thanks for the show&tells, both Kathyl and Joan.
Marvelous!

Ragmop/Sandy
"KJ" wrote in message
You are so right Joan. I think that's why we all enjoy the webshots pages
and posts. It's so much fun to share the pictures and get the feedback
from fellow quilting friends.
I have to share a bit more. Last night was the local Gallery Walk here.
My small group has had quilts displayed at one of the banks since the
first of the year. It is really cool to attend the show and get the warm
fuzzies from the wonderful comments from the people on the walk. We have
done this three times, and it's just as exciting as the first time. The
bank employees love having quilts decorate their offices. They change
their wall art about 3-4 times a year, and we always hear they like the
quilts the best. (I know, they probably say that to the print makers, the
landscape artists, etc.) Last night there were more people there due to a
city wide children's art exhibit in another part of the bank. So there
were more people going through our exhibit than would be usual. One of my
neighbors was blown away when she found out what I had there. I was very
flattered and a teeny, teeny bit "miffed" (for lack of a better word).
Seems like in all these years she would have seen or heard about what I do
with my days as a "retired" (kids grown) stay at home mom. Other
neighbors have seen my work. Anyway, I'm not holding it against
her.....she wanted to know if I did any commissions and wanted her husband
to see my stuff. So maybe something will come of it.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53918257GawQwK
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53918257bkhhUI
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53918257ZyIohE
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53918257WlkWUH
These are some that were at the bank show. Nothing new...but it's
interesting how pieces we get used to living with around the house or
studio can really excite someone when they see it the first time!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

joan
p.s. Thank you all for your kind words. It's always a pleasure to
share my projects with my world-wide group of quilting friends.

Old March 4th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Batik "Monster" is Finished

joan, that is gorgeous! The size is the thing that has stopped me making a
quilt for our bed. I really don't want a topper, but quilting something that
size is a bit (very) daunting. I continue to be inspired by the quilters on
this group, so maybe one day :-)

I saw the clip on the band from your local news recently. It was nice to see
some of your work hanging in the background in the footage of you and your
DH! And good to see the families of the boys getting recognition for their
support. My DD is going to Hawaii for the 3 shows this month, couldn't wait
any longer for them to come to us :-)

chris
:-)

Old March 5th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Love that monster! Then I HAD to see the rest of your album to find
the wallhanging. Now that I really like too!

Kay Ahr in Nevada

Old March 5th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Happy Dancing to the tune "Monster mash" of course!!
PAT

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62000453NEUjjI

joan

Old March 5th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow! You should be proud!

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

Old March 6th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Awesome! I love batiks too.

Great Job!

Lorri in Austin
Waiting for the rain to nourish my new garden