Batik "Monster" is Finished

Old March 4th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Batik "Monster" is Finished

It's gorgeous!!

Tricia

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62000453NEUjjI

joan

Old March 4th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH said, "Looks neat. Wow! cool looking style of king size bed"

Sigh.

Yep, Joan, it's a winner.

Ginger in CA
gonna do a batik thing one day soon....

Old March 4th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow!

Jenn in CA

Old March 4th 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62000453NEUjjI

Wow, that is gorgeous!!!

-- Anita --
Old March 4th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's beautiful, Joan - and certainly *huge* g
Amazing what can be done with 'leftovers'! Lovely.
..
In message . com,
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 4th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That is beautiful!

Diane F.

ups.com...

Old March 4th 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ohhhh!!!!! WOW!!

but considering the fact that batiks are hard to quilt through I can't blame
the ladies ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old March 4th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

There were actually several 'difficulties' with this one. Size was
one. It's just hard to move it around without stepping on it, etc.
Lots of wrestling involved. The back is a pastel batik that was
labeled as 108' wide on the bolt. So we were worried about the sparse
margins. Turns out the back was closer to 120". But, it was somewhat
skewed and had a significant bias. We rolled that out on the quilting
machine. Choosing a light back with a dark top presented a thread
challenge. We went with a pastel variegated on the back and smoke
invisible on the front. (I'm amazed that an invisible thread can take
the tension required for machine quiltings.) Forturnately, the pattern
and density I selected were 'easy'. :

It was a thrill to see it finished. And after I applied 420" of
binding yesterday, we slept under the Monster last night!

joan
p.s. Thank you all for your kind words. It's always a pleasure to
share my projects with my world-wide group of quilting friends.

Old March 4th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:

It was a thrill to see it finished. And after I applied 420" of
binding yesterday, we slept under the Monster last night!

Joan,
I envy you the fortitude to bind the entire Monster in one day!
Although the reward of sleeping under was great incentive. I'm sure.
It's beautiful.

Liz (still binding Mom's Wyoming star)