Superbowl Quilt

Old January 26th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Buckeye Balls for NightMist

I made some of those for xmas but didn't have a name for them. Just used my
peanut butter cookie recipe and while they were hot pushed a semi-sweet kiss
into the center. I used my small ice cream scoop and placed the dough in
mini-muffin tins instead of a cookie sheet. That keeps them a uniform size
for appearances sake only. Got rave reviews so guess now I can put a name
to them.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
nk.net...
seems to me... That sometime, somewhere I have seen/heard the cookies that
are a peanut butter(?) type, rolled into balls with a Hershey's kiss
pushed into the top center called Buckeyes.......

Pati, in Phx

Don/Gen wrote:

I've posed several questions and looked in the stores, and still haven't
found a Buckeye cookie. If I ever find one, I'll let you know.
Gen

"NightMist" wrote in message

Much akin to what we do.
We do the peanut butter-condensed milk- XXXsugar type of peanut butter
filling.
I've done the dry milk and honey filling before, and most of the
household fancied that is was too dry for their tastes.

I made them for somebody and was informed that while mine were nice,
they weren't what was meant. They had meant buckeyes the cookie.
Our kiri (originally from Columbus) had no idea what a buckeye cookie
might be, so I thought to ask Gen when her post reminded me.
Maybe they had had the dryer version and had mistaken them for a
cookie.....

NightMist

On 24 Jan 2006 08:40:29 -0800, "Dreamweaver" wrote:

My recipe calls for nonfat dry milk, peanut butter, and honey. The
chocolate part is melted chocolate///white almond bark. Got the recipe

from Food Network - Paula's Home Cooking, and they were fast and

wonderful! Yum, yum!

Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

BUCKEYE BALLS
1 stick butter
1 lb. confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 c. peanut butter (12 oz.)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. chocolate chips (12 oz.)
1/2 parawax
Mix butter, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla and make into balls. Chill

1

hour. Melt chocolate chips with parawax in a double boiler. Insert

toothpick

into balls and dip in chocolate mixture. Leaving small area at top to
represent buckeyes. Cool

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"NightMist" wrote in message

Surely you must like hockey?

The stampedeing mooses, the smell of poutine heavy on the air, the
frenetic beaver dance when the puck soars through the goalposts in

the

ninth inning. I've never been to a game, but I am told it is very
exciting. Almost as wild and crazy as curling I bet.

By the by, would you happen to have a recipe for buckeyes, the sweet?
I thought they were akin to a round peanut butter egg type thing. I
have been informed that it is a cookie however.

NightMist

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:54:32 -0500, "Don/Gen"
wrote:

Oh God, Is there no place on the planet that isn't over the top for
sports?
I thought Buckeyes (OSU) fans were bad--this tops even them. I'd

love to

find a town that totally ignores sports,every one of them. That

would be

my
ideal town. Can you tell I have absolutely zero interest in any
sport!!!!!!
Gen
http://community.webshots.com/user/Coren920

"DLW" wrote in message
news:_aOdndA1WL0uc0nenZ2dnUVZ_tOdnZ2d@comca st.com...
We are HUGE HUGE Football Fans here in our house! We have all kinds

of

Karma, superstition, traditions, etc. etc. here. We live in Southern
California now for 10 years but, I did live in Texas for 12 years

before

that and became a HUGE Dallas Cowboy Fan when I married my husband.

Our

12
year old son is named TROY, yes, after Aikman! LOL!! Anyways...

the

Cowboys haven't been doing well for many years now but, my cousin

here in

SoCal is a HUGE Denver fan. (There is NO SoCal football team so we

have

use others) If they had won yesterday, the SUPERBOWL party HAD to be

at

my
house cuz Denver has won the Superbowl everytime the party is at my

house.

NOW they are out?? No one knows where the party will be LOL!!

ANYWAYS..

the
reason to my rambling is GET THAT QUILT DONE!! Your grandson must

have it

and be curled up under it for the BIG GAME!! You must buy up

everything

you
can find and decorate the house to the fullest extent! If you go to

Sams

Club or Costco you can buy HUGE boxes of cupcakes with colored

frosting on

them in YOUR TEAM COLORS!! You must get behind your team 100%!! We

have

7 foot inflatable DALLAS COWBOY lineman that goes in the front yard

when

Dallas plays. I was going to have to buy a DENVER ONE and have it
Airdropped ASAP for the big game... for my cousin if Denver had won
yesterday. There are just things that have to be done. You can't

mess

with it. My Dear Sister who is also a member of this group is a HUGE
Basketball fan. While I was explaining to her last week if Denver

won,

cuz
says SUPERBOWL AT MY HOUSE. She simply shakes her head and says..

DAMN

YOU
FOOTBALL PEOPLE ARE WEIRD!!! :\ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. maybe??

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

Old January 26th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Parafin wax is used in canning/preserving food. I melted it and put it on
top of jelly and jams to seal it.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Sounds gorgeous but what in hell is parawax!!!

quicker)

news9pBf.318431$0l5.101162@dukeread06...

Old January 26th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Superbowl Quilt-coming out of lurking

In article ,
says...
From a HUGE FOOTBALL FAN:

THAT IS SO AWESOME JENNIFER!! JUST AWESOME! GREAT WORK. :0)

Thank you for the compliment.

Jennifer
Edmonton, Alberta
Old January 26th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article , says...
Well done -I bet he was thrilled!
Roberta in D

Yes, he was but I thought he would actually use it. But he decided to
pin in on the wall. But as long as he likes it..

Regards,
Jennifer
Edmonton, Alberta
Old January 26th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have this Fabric and I love what you have done with it.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Jennifer" wrote in message

This maybe not a superbowl quilt, but my BIL who is wheelchair bound
with MS is a giant NFL fan..he asked me to make a quilt for him and this
was my creation--

http://community.webshots.com/user/JenniferO_62

Regards
Jennifer
Edmonton Alberta

Old January 26th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jennifer:
That is a fabulous quilt, and I bet that the recipient is
thrilled. I like how you choose the muted dark gold to set off
the assorted prints.
PAT in VA/USA