Sally @ Seaside and other furriners

Old November 10th 05, 03:05 PM
Shirley Shone

Default Sally @ Seaside and other furriners

To send some food stuff from the UK you have to contact the customs and
say what you want to send and why. If you can send it they give you a
number that allows it to travel to the USA.

I cannot remember the site but if you type sending food to USA in Google
it will come up for you.

Shirley
Who at the age of nearly 70 has built my own very plain and simple
website
http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

In message , Patti
writes
But, I understood that the US doesn't allow foodstuff of any kind
through Customs?
I was wanting to send something to somewhere here who had made a
declaration of her partiality for one of our products, but was told
that it was now forbidden?
.
In message , Teacher Gal
writes
Ooooh! Yes! I want chocolate from the UK that I can't get over here and
will be willing to do ANYTHING for it!

Anastasia

--
Shirley Shone

Old November 10th 05, 05:58 PM
Bonnie Patterson

I used to make my own cheese when I had a sannan goat named Emily.
What a provider she was. I made 'provalone' and nobody could tell the
difference between my cheese and the kind they got at the store. Wait
maybe that is not good! But, some folks think that they don't like
goats milk.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 01:52:15 GMT, Georg wrote:

Tina wrote:
Anastasia...... you remember that "cheese" thread don'tcha ?????

There has just GOT to be some way to ship cheese across the water
without it spoiling before it gets here and without it costing a
fortune! I'm sick to death of cheese that doesn't taste like anything!
AAAAAaaaaargh

Tina

http://www.cheesemaking.com Make your own.

-georg
chesemonger

Old November 10th 05, 06:26 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

I would love to get involved in some sort of exchange like this.

I have sent small jars of our homemade salsa overseas without any problems.

Babs

Old November 10th 05, 06:47 PM
Patti

Thanks very much for this information Shirley.
I will investigate.
Congratulations on setting up a website - I'm not surprised, though,
with your general attitude to life! I have saved it to look up when I
have proper time for it.

In message , Shirley Shone
writes
To send some food stuff from the UK you have to contact the customs and
say what you want to send and why. If you can send it they give you a
number that allows it to travel to the USA.

I cannot remember the site but if you type sending food to USA in
Google it will come up for you.

Shirley
Who at the age of nearly 70 has built my own very plain and simple
website
http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 10th 05, 07:01 PM
Ellison

Default O.T. Food across the borders

Howdy!
Hey, Shirley! I saw you tip-toe back in here!
Good start on the website; more, please!

Learned 2 weeks ago that it was okay to bring
lebkuchen into the U.S. in my carry-on bag; the source
of this delicious lebkuchen,
http://ww2.lebkuchen-schmidt.com/htm.../produkte.html
says they cannot send just the bags of cookies over here,
but it's okay if they are ordered in their pretty tin cans. hmm...
We also brought in various pkgs. of chocolates.

Delivered the Jess Hall spice mix to R.Z. in De., no one ever asked
"What's this?!!?" http://www.jesshall.com/
Texas seasoning mix for lebkuchen--good trade. Must do this
again, Roberta. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy

Old November 10th 05, 07:05 PM
Ellison

Default O.T. ... other furriners

Howdy!
btw, the current dude in the White House isn't
"from" Texas, either. Not really.
btw2: east Texas is "southren' ", the rest of the state
is.. well.. whatever, but we ain't south'urners. ;-P

Ragmop/Sandy--quilting in the southern part of the central U.S.

"NightMist" wrote in message
On 10 Nov 2005 00:32:33 -0800, wrote:

Who are you calling "foreign"? I've lived here all my life....

Heleh Howes

Sugar to people from Texas anybody who isn't a Texan is a furriner.

Which goes a ways towards explaining current US politics.

NightMist with tongue firmly in cheek

...and the yankees and the southrons are at it again...
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole

Old November 10th 05, 08:33 PM
Cheryl in Oz

Thanks for the kind thought, Carole has already offered to "barter"

And I would be happy to help you with the "fill in the blanks" design (it's
what I used to do for a living - design databases, not fill in blanks LOL)
after I see the one for the Directory.
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cheryl - I must have missed your post BHG on the QAYG thread.

But I'd be happy to send you a copy, just let me know! K?

Hugs,
Tina

Old November 10th 05, 09:39 PM
Butterfly

Chocolate guilt is NOT allowed. Every time you have one just say "I'm doing
it for Butterfly"

I will be satisfied for my 'longing for chocolate' being satiated and you
will be too cause you are doing me a favor : )

Butterfly (who can't have chocolate anymore--cheating ain't worth it--but my
guys LOVE it when they get a chocolate squishie-you know who you are ---Love
my licorice but I can't help with your request as I don't remember seeing it
locally: )

"Teacher Gal" wrote in message

Anastasia...... you remember that "cheese" thread don'tcha ?????

There has just GOT to be some way to ship cheese across the water
without it spoiling before it gets here and without it costing a
fortune! I'm sick to death of cheese that doesn't taste like anything!
AAAAAaaaaargh

Tina

Nope, don't remember the cheese thread, but then, I'm easy on cheese.
Just give me some deli sliced Longhorn Colby, and I'm a happy girl.

Chocolate, on the other hand........oh, baby!

Anastasia

-enjoying her box of Godiva Dark Chocolates she purchased today when she
really shouldn't have, but the guilt is soooooooo worth it......

Old November 11th 05, 12:02 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Southwesterners???

SNIGDIBBLY