Sewing machine addict, no t OT

Old April 28th 05, 07:13 PM
Pat in Virginia

Thanks Irene. I will try to find this NeedleBar's
Site. Is it a store or what?
PAT in VA/USA

Irene Scott wrote:

As I like Singers, I used to carry around pages I printed out from the
NeedleBar's site "Singer identification" guides. The ISMACS site also
has good pictures.

-Irene

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Taria:
Do you (or other readers) know of a guide book for vintage SM? I would
like one to carry to thrift stores, yard sales, and so on. Just some
basic info. Sort of like a Pocket Guide to Birds book ... but about
SM. I often see some interesting SM but I am clueless. TIA.
PAT in VA/USA

Old April 28th 05, 10:06 PM
Irene Scott

It's a site, Pat:

www.needlebar.com

Here's ISMACS:

www.ismacs.net

-Irene

Old April 28th 05, 11:05 PM
Kate Dicey

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Thanks Taria. I will google and try to find this Captain Dick at
Treadleon. Is that a store or what? As far as getting to know the SM ...
that is why I want a little book.
PAT

Treadle On is a group dedicated to the preservation and use of People
Powered Sewing Machines: http://www.treadleon.net

I am a member. Capt. Dick is our Esteemed Leader.

Taria wrote:

I am sort of out of the loop Pat but Capt. Dick of treadleon
used to have a little booklet. Do some nosing around online
to get some ideas. I stick mostly to Singers. The many 66's,
99's and 15 are pretty common. Get to know those and remember
there are a lot around. The value less on those. Machines
really don't go up a lot in value unless they are a rare or sought
after model (like a FW) Buy what you like that you can reasonably
afford. If it makes you happy and nobody will go hungry go for it.
Kind of a rule is almost anything is worth $10. I start getting
picky over $30 or so.
Taria

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 29th 05, 09:12 PM
Pat in Virginia

Thank you very much Irene. These sites are awesome!
PAT

Irene Scott wrote:

It's a site, Pat:

www.needlebar.com

Here's ISMACS:

www.ismacs.net

Old April 29th 05, 09:14 PM
Pat in Virginia

Thank you Kate. This is fascinating.
PAT

Old April 30th 05, 05:20 AM
DrQuilter

he is a guy that knows a lot about SMs, and I think he is located here
in Seattle!

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old May 1st 05, 04:30 AM
Pat in Virginia

Hey, Marissa:
If I fly out to Seattle to find that book, can I
come visit you, Fer, and the Princess?
Speaking of Seattle, have you been watching the
Sunday Night TV Show, Gray's Anatomy? It takes
place in Seattle. I think it will be a real keeper.
PAT in VA/USA

Old May 1st 05, 05:28 AM
DrQuilter

sure, and we have a guest room with it's own bath, which is located
right by my stash... so you can actually stay with us but only if you
promise not to pack any of it when you leave.. )

Nope, never watched that.... never even heard of it as a TV show - I
thought that was a movie?

Old May 1st 05, 03:52 PM
Kate Dicey

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Thank you Kate. This is fascinating.
PAT

You're welcome! He's a very nice bloke, and very knowledgeable. And
what he doesn't know, the group can usually find out!

Old May 28th 05, 12:23 AM
ALZ

Let's see:
A New Home Treadle
2 Singer Treadles
2 Singer 99's
An Old General Electric with a motor that folds in for storage
A Singer 66
2 Singer Featherweights
A Singer 301
An old Kenmore something on load to my daughter
A Bernina 1630
A Brother PE 200
A Brother 8200
A Brother 1500
A Viking Serger

And I think there might be a few more hanging around that I've
forgotten to mention. I hope their feelings aren't hurt.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

FAQ for RCTQ Diana Curtis Quilting 5 March 1st 04 05:45 PM
Yet Another Sewing Machine Question Eli Quilting 16 February 29th 04 02:01 AM
FAQ RCTQ for newbies and oldtimers alike Diana Curtis Quilting 15 January 11th 04 06:20 PM
FAQs for Newbies and Longtimers Diana Curtis Quilting 21 December 8th 03 12:52 PM
RCTN Reminder: NY gathering at Stitchery Row Nov. 1 georg Needlework 23 November 4th 03 10:32 AM