Polly Esther's Hug

Old January 29th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Polly Esther's Hug

Yeah, Leslie. Right. And what do you think Pastor is going to say when he
walks in and I'm playing the new organ with my gator gathering tossed
stylishly across my shoulders? He's never quite recovered from the time he
had to remove my spit cup (snuff, you know) from the choir rail. Don't you
think he really needs to lighten up a bit? Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote: When I (finally!) grow-up, I hope I
will be a true lady like
you. You set the bar very high...

Old January 29th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you, Donna. I hoped you were here and would chime in. 25,000. Oh my.
How truly, very wonderful. Polly

"Donna in Idaho" wrote Check out www.projectlinus.org for info about
Project Linus. We're a
nationwide organization who has delivered way over 1,000,000 blankets in
the past 10 years. In less than a month after Katrina, our chapters made
and delivered over 25,000 blankets to children who were affected by
Katrina and/or Rita.

Old January 29th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:37:11 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

Oh, and now that you know about it... here's a link to the In Progress page,
so you can have fun looking at all the bits.

http://griffinsflight.com/Polly%20Hug.htm

I'm not sure I've ever seen a happier quilt. No wonder she won't
let anyone else have it! What a lovely effort, Frood, Taria, and all
who helped on this exuberant quilt.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old January 29th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That is a marvelous hug quilt, Poly, you are a lucky lady.
Dixie.

When I give to you something I made with my hands I share my heart.

Old January 29th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

hehehe...she said lemur...roflol.
--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

"frood" wrote in message
LOL! Glad you corrected that! I've always seen myself as more of a lemur.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Taria" wrote in message
Make that the gator mastermind BG.....

Taria wrote:

Wendy had those gators rounded up and organized in the most wonderful
way. She is the gator BG
Taria

frood wrote:

Hooray! I'm so pleased I could be a part of this! I loved all those
gators too, and I'm happy they made it home safe.

Old January 29th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

was that before or after you cut him out, Di?

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions
http:/pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jalynne29/my_photos
Live! http://kinneykreations.com

"D Curtis" wrote in message
news
He told me.
Di

Polly Esther wrote:
And how do you know that, Diana? The middle gator is not signed. Polly

"D Curtis" wrote ps the middle gator's name is Alphonse

Old January 29th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The power of a HUG is not something that can be quantified in words, is it?
We love you...and that's what it's meant to remind you.

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions
http:/pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jalynne29/my_photos
Live! http://kinneykreations.com

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Last night I hurriedly wrote this to Taria -
"It's here and so is life. DH had a very minor disagreement with the
chain
saw and a pecan tree limb and is finally back from the hospital ER. The
organ company delivered the replacement for the church organ destroyed by
Katrina, the neighbor learning to quilt came in with distress over her
first
trapunto queen-size quilt problems, the nice man who was going to replace
our air conditioner/heat pump showed up and a dear friend asked me to
write
the notice to be published in the obituaries at the death of her father.
My golly . . .
other than that
The hug arrived.
I will, I truly will do a thank you for the very powerful hug I
received
today and This Day just couldn't have been a better time for an old girl
who
really needed a hug."
There are thousands of words that need to be added but I have to at
least say this. I never get to see the faces of the little ones I make
Linus quilts for. Sometimes I wonder if they show the love that they are
meant to carry but I just let go and let our Kind Father take care of
that.
If you ever think that you can not do one more hug block and wonder if
it would make any difference, know in your hearts, "Oh my yes, a grand
certain yes, it does". The gathering of gators, dazzling hug that's
arrived is glorious and cherished. I just couldn't wait yesterday for the
sun to go down to see if my Polly hug could glow in the dark.
It does. It vibrates with caring and joy and hugging. Sooo excited
and grateful and hugged, Polly Esther

Old January 29th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Gosh, Polly that is just beautiful. Thanks for the link.

--
Donna in NE La.
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Cheryl, here's Terbear's link to the picture. It is a fine, fine picture
but how I wish you could touch it too. Polly
... Here is Polly's glorious HUG:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS/gator

"Cheryl in Oz" asked I don't seem to get all posts from my server so I
have not seen a link
to your hug.

Old January 29th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

After, naturally. Before he was cut he could only say..mmpph mmph mif
mmmifmmif
Di