Finished a Quilt on newly beefed up HandiQuilter

Old July 22nd 03, 02:33 AM
rjwhite6

Ooops, a flaw in my plan.

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:26:02 -0700, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

They say there are close to 10,000 of us subscribed... now.. if we each sent
you 1 dollar you would soon have close to enough to by this fancy schmancy
quilting machine.
And then you can expect to have about 10,000 requests to quilt some of our
tops for us.
Id say its a win-win situation!
When will we get to see pictures of the newly finished Thimbleberry
thingamagummy?
Diana

Old July 22nd 03, 03:07 AM
Laurie G.

OK, how about $1.00 to rj and $10.00 to me? Then, we could both get one
and we could share the quilting requests! That sounds like a GREAT
win-win situation to me!!! lol!!! Any takers?

Laurie G.- who has already done the Gammill shopping search and the
Handi quilter search and the Grace Machine quilter search.........

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"rjwhite6" wrote in message

I finished a Thimbleberries Naturewalk quilt this weekend.
58 x 64 inches.
Remember earlier thread on beefing up HandiQuilter.

One big drawback left is that home machines stitch so much slower than
Longarm machines. My Brother ULT2001 does 800 spm. Longarms do about
1500 spm.

I keep going too fast for the machine.
Slow down, you say.
But my natural speed seems to need to be faster rather than slower.

Oh well, if I only had $13,000 for a Gammill Classic Plus.
(Will gladly take donations)

Old July 22nd 03, 02:44 PM
Diana Curtis

Thats ok... it just shows you're human.
I like your idea. It lightens the load on Ron and we all get quilt tops
done.
There is one fly in the ointment... some wont contribute because they
prefer hand quilting and to them its worth the time to do it that way... we
may need to hold an ice cream and pie social to raise the rest of the
funds.....
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Laurie G." wrote in message
I am sorry to reply to my own post but I didn't mean to type $10.00! I
really only meant $1.00! Honest!

Laurie G. (hanging head shamefacedly)

Old July 22nd 03, 06:39 PM
Dragonfly

And they cost a whole lot less than a $13,000 Gammell! I asked about
one in a local store about 4 months ago and it was something like a
little under a thousand, maybe a little over. Had a HUGE throat area!
She had it set up on a Handi-Quilter-like thing to do machine quilting
on.

Dragonfly

(Joan8904) wrote in message ...
A Brother 1500 will do about 1500 stitches per minutes. (That works out to
several hours of 'unstitching' if you make a one minute mistake!)

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com
Old July 23rd 03, 12:19 AM
rjwhite6

Does that mean that you have to do 10 quilts for every one that I have
to do?

Old July 23rd 03, 12:19 AM
rjwhite6

LOL
Hard to do on the Internet though.
Oh, I know how about Houston?

Old July 23rd 03, 02:26 AM
Diana Curtis

Sounds good. Ill start baking now... get a jump on it.
It will be so nice to get some of our UFOs finished at last.
Thank you for offering.. you're so kind!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

news

Old July 23rd 03, 12:55 PM
frood

You'd be amazed! My Rose has the standard 7.5" opening, and Margarita (a
Singer 15-125) has 7.5" at the needle end, but rises up to about 8.5" at the
other side. This small difference in the opening really does make a
difference on how easily the quilt roll fits in there. I bet there's a huge
difference in the 11" one!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"rjwhite6" wrote in message
That would be helpful.

I had looked into those. The 11 inch throat space isn't much more than
the 7.5 inch throat space my machines have now.

Old July 24th 03, 01:41 AM
rjwhite6

Thanks.
I may have to consider buying one.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:11:53 GMT, taria
wrote:

I have one. It is a world of difference.
Taria