A finish!

Old November 20th 17, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default A finish!

Yaaay! I finished my Victorian House, washed & ironed it and dropped it
off at Michael's, where the frame has been waiting for about 2 weeks. I
should get it back in a day or 2. Will post pics of it in rctnp next week.

Next up: Independence Day, a canvas piece of fireworks. I put the
first stitches in that at lunch today.
http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/Im...ollection.html
I'm doing it on black canvas.

It's not going to be as portable as my cs, so I'll be starting a small
travel piece, Mini Spring sampler by Teresa Wentzler:
http://www.patternsonline.com/Patter...t.aspx?P=30860

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old November 20th 17, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:43:12 -0600, Joan Erickson
wrote:

Yaaay! I finished my Victorian House, washed & ironed it and dropped it
off at Michael's, where the frame has been waiting for about 2 weeks. I
should get it back in a day or 2. Will post pics of it in rctnp next week.

Next up: Independence Day, a canvas piece of fireworks. I put the
first stitches in that at lunch today.
http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/Im...ollection.html
I'm doing it on black canvas.

It's not going to be as portable as my cs, so I'll be starting a small
travel piece, Mini Spring sampler by Teresa Wentzler:
http://www.patternsonline.com/Patter...t.aspx?P=30860

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Love the sampler - don't forget to show us the Victorian House in due
course.

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.
Old November 21st 17, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 11/20/2017 3:43 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:
Yaaay! I finished my Victorian House, washed & ironed it and dropped it
off at Michael's, where the frame has been waiting for about 2 weeks. I
should get it back in a day or 2. Will post pics of it in rctnp next week.

Next up: Independence Day, a canvas piece of fireworks. I put the
first stitches in that at lunch today.
http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/Im...ollection.html
I'm doing it on black canvas.

I have always loved that piece. Should look great on black.

It's not going to be as portable as my cs, so I'll be starting a small
travel piece, Mini Spring sampler by Teresa Wentzler:
http://www.patternsonline.com/Patter...t.aspx?P=30860

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving all!

Nancy

---
http://www.avg.com

Old November 21st 17, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Awesome Joan! I can't wait to see the pics of your finished piece. I love looking at people's finishes, and it gives me all sorts of ideas about how to improve my own stitching/fabric selection/thread selections.

Love both of the charts you'll soon be starting. I remember when you got the fireworks chart and think that one is especially beautiful. I have one canvaswork piece going at this time and I think it's going to be my last...canvaswork is just too hard on my hands. It's a beautiful medium though.

I just finished this small snail for my son as an Xmas present:
http://www.123stitch.com/item/Mill-H...-Kit/MH18-1714

This is the piece I started a couple days ago. I'm using a 32ct raw linen with a strong gold sparkle in it, and boy is it hard to stitch on. That sparkle has a way of confusing the eye. It's really pretty though.
http://www.123stitch.com/item/Nora-C...Couriers/NC118

I'm also debating starting a flosstube channel, but I remain undecided. While my stitching skills are ok, my tech skills are seriously lacking, and I think the learning curve might be very high. Is anyone here a flosstuber?

A small finish is still a finish Karen C - Calif Needlework 3 September 20th 13 04:43 PM
Another Finish [email protected] Needlework 0 April 3rd 13 12:20 PM
A finish-finish! ndjoan Needlework 9 June 23rd 12 01:42 AM
A finish! ndjoan Needlework 3 April 13th 12 05:29 PM
Why can't I finish anything? Sunny[_2_] Quilting 31 May 13th 10 04:24 PM