OT Prayers for DH requested

Old January 23rd 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

Default OT Prayers for DH requested

Oh, Alice, I'm so sorry!!! We just went through this with my FIL about a
year ago ... and I think the worst part was letting my hubby grieve in his
own way - which at the time, seemed to be not at all (he just bottled
everything up). He took the role of caregiver with his sister (she, too, was
devastated) and muddled through being his "gotta get it done" self. The poor
man didn't allow himself the luxury of grief ... until the funeral, when a
sweet young family member delivered a tear-inspiring (not a dry eye in the
funeral home) gave a eulogy on what his grampa meant to him.

I hope and pray for you and your family that you will let the tears come,
that your hubby will let himself be comforted by those who love him (rather
than take on the main role of "comforter") and that he will find peace in
his dear father taking his place in Heaven. I pray that you and your
family - especially your DH - will soon be able to remember the wonderful
times with him with more smiles than tears. And I truly pray and hope that
you will all find healing.

Gentle, warm, quilty hugs,
--
Connie
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com

"AliceW" wrote in message
. ..
My cell phone often rings at work so when it rang today I had no reason to
think anything of it. But then I noticed that it was my FILs house

number.
He never called my cell phone, he always called the house. I answered it

hear my SILs voice. She had very sad news for me and was not able to

reach
my DH (her brother). I was able to track him down at work and had to tell
him that his Dad had passed away.

Apparently, my BIL who lives across the street from my FIL noticed that

his
newspaper was still in the driveway. He went over to see if everything

was
ok. He figured my FIL just thought it was way too cold to venture out to
get the paper. But when he looked for him inside the house, he found him

in
bed, still in his jammies and thought he was napping as he often did. But
he was not napping. He had passed away sometime within the last 24 hours
and appeared very calm and peaceful. Hopefully he passed away while

having
a wonderful dream. He was in his early 80s, not ill but dealing with all
the aches and pains for a man his age. He didn't even have a cold. He

was
a very sweet man who would show up at your door for a cup of coffee and 15
minutes of chat and then he was off on a ride to the shore to see what

fish
were being caught. My husband was the closest to him, being the oldest of
the 6 kids. I was so glad that he got to spend Christmas with us this

year.
We were in the process of chosing the Hatteras house for a father and sons
fishing trip. It won't be the same without him.

Please say some prayers for my DH who will deal with what he needs to deal
with in a strong manner but will be broken inside. This will hit him very
hard in the days and weeks to come. I know what the power of prayer can

do,
and I know how powerful your prayers can be. Thanks for being there for

me
and for letting me share.

AliceW

Old January 23rd 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Alice, my sympathies to your DH, you, and the rest of the family. It's a sad
time, of course, but what a blessing that he apparently went so peacefully.
He sounds like a wonderful man, and he will be missed, but you'll have such
good memories to keep him alive in your hearts.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

"AliceW" wrote in message
. ..
My cell phone often rings at work so when it rang today I had no reason to
think anything of it. But then I noticed that it was my FILs house
number. He never called my cell phone, he always called the house. I
answered it to hear my SILs voice. She had very sad news for me and was

Old January 23rd 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm sorry Alice. BTDT.
What a life your fil must have lived.
All the things folks that age saw over a lifetime amazes me.
I am so happy that he was with you all so long. I hope as he
passes you all are able to remember all the wonderful times
and that helps the ache and loss that is so big to us in this
world. My deepest sympathies to you all.
Hugs, Taria

Old January 23rd 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Prayers and gentle hugs on the way from Tucson.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

. ..

Old January 23rd 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Memere Neets[_2_]

On Jan 22, 4:32�pm, "AliceW" wrote:
My cell phone often rings at work so when it rang today I had no reason to
think anything of it. � But then I noticed that it was my FILs house number.
He never called my cell phone, he always called the house. �I answered it to
[...]

Aw, Alice. So Sorry. Prayers for your DH, you and your family.
What a peaceful way to go.....so sad for those left behind. Hugs and
more, Memere Neets
Old January 23rd 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

{{{{{{{{{{AliceW, DH & Family}}}}}}}}}}}}}

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 23rd 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dixie

Your DH and his family are in my prayers.
Take care.
Dixie in not so cold NB.

When I give to you something I made with my hands I share my heart.

Old January 24th 08, 09:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Dear Alice and family,

My prayers and comforting hugs to you and your family.

I was a copy typist for our local newspaper many years ago and it was so
totally fascinating watching them put the paper together - they were just
starting to use the computers when I left.

I am sure you will have wonderful memories of your Dad (FIL) - I loved mine
very much when he was here with us.

Di
Vic Australia

. ..

prayers requested OT A&T Quilting 24 May 18th 06 06:22 PM
OT Prayers requested Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 11 February 3rd 04 07:38 AM
OT - Prayers requested Sharon Harper Quilting 26 November 2nd 03 07:44 PM