a links page with damn near everything on it.

Old November 27th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default a links page with damn near everything on it.

WHOOAAAAAANELLIE!
Just cause you found ONE bad apple don't let it ruin the help you have been
giving us-saving US loads of TIME--and right now
TIME
is the most requested thing for Christmas on the 'want list'

One thing that it DID do was let us know that our anti-virus programs ARE
WORKING. and the others warned us quick enuf that hopefully noone was 'hurt'
by it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that ethe person in charge of that list doesn't
KNOW it has a virus attached. I didn't open it...hadn't gotten to it yet.

YOU have the 'gift of time' that you have given us repeatedly...don't
change.

Butterfly (this is NOT a normal Beg--just down on my knees--so now how the H
am I gonna get up?)

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
i use AVG.
it is set to check daily for updates.
it also scans the full computer daily.
obviously its not checking on every site i click on.
i'll just not post any links.
think of the time i'll save by not looking.
no worrys,
jeanne

"jennellh" wrote...
There have been updates lately for antivirus programs - might be a
good time to check with your provider for anything new? jennellh

On Nov 26, 2:00 pm, "nzlstar*" wrote:
i have and use my virus checker too but nothing came up when
i clicked on that page.
obviously my browser is not to be trusted.
shrug,
jeanne

"KJ" wrote...
don't worry....that's why we have and use the virus
checkers!
--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"nzlstar*" wrote...
beats the heck out of me that just by going to a site and
not clicking anything there all that happened but i
truely am ever so very very very very very very sorry if
it attacked anyones computer.
probly did attack mine and i've not realized the damage
yet.
considering i obviously dont have the same protection the
rest of you have, as i didnt get any notice of problems
while there, i shall have to stop posting any links for
fear of the trouble it might cause anyone cuz i cant
protect myself let alone anyone else. i'd hate for anyone
else to have issues with anything because of something i
did or didnt do as the case may be. proper etiquette and
all that doncha know.
no worrys.
ennaej- Hide quoted text -

Old November 27th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

ok, i turned the popup blocker 'off' so any popups should
show and went to the site and there is still nothing coming
up.
i really really want to sort out what 'my' problem is here.
others get notice of a trojan, i get nothing.
is there something there or not?
what exactly is showing in that pop up window.
if i knew that i could google and figure out what is going
on here.
i dont like it when my computer seems to be having a problem
others are not having.
i gotta fix this damn thing or else.
groggy in the south pacific...not 8am yet,
jeanne

"Debra" wrote...
Somewhere there is a setting to allow for pop-up Alerts
and yours are
turned off. Mine is too because I didn't get any messages
either.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

"nzlstar*" wrote:
ah, thanks, Elizabeth,
if i could figure out how to make my browser show when
there
is a problem on the site i'd continue but i'm too afraid
i'd
post something that was nasty and someone else less
protected might get a trojan into their puter and not even
know it. heck for all i know i got one now and dont know
it.
so how can i fix my browser so it shows me first???
that'd eliminate me passing on any nasty sites in the
first
place.
i'm just a big old skeerdy cat in the south pacific,
jeanne

Old November 27th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

sorry, til i work this out with whatever my puter is doing,
i dont feel safe to pass on links.
i turned off the pop-up blocker and went back to the site
and still nothing comes up.
sooooo, what is going on???
do your puter genius' have any ideas??
jeanne

"Butterflywings" wrote...

Old November 27th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

What I got, Jeanne, was a notice from my Norton Protection Center, which is
not the same as your average pop-up window. It was warning me of a trojan
on the page.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
music is all around us, all you
have to do is listen

Old November 27th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

ta, Karen,
was there a name to this trojan??
sorry but i can only research it and fix it if i know what
it is called.
no idea why others show it and i dont.
jeanne

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" wrote...

Old November 27th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Trojan.Maliframe!html

That's what it detected, so I closed the webpage with all the links on it.
Nothing got onto my hard drive. Any help?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Old November 27th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default help for Jeanne

Jeanne, I also found this out about the virus
http://tinyurl.com/3xypdr

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Old November 27th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

gmta, Karen.
i just googled that virus and went to Symantec also.
i think i know why it didnt pop up here, even after i turned
the pop-up blocker off.
probly something to do with the third party cookies setting.
at least i dont need to worry bout it now tho.
thanks for giving me the name of the nasty so i could check
and work out what it was all about.
whewwwwwwwwwwww,
now i need lunch, all that think'n sure makes a body hungry.
)
hugz,
jeanne

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" wrong...

Old November 27th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

thanks again, Karen,
found, googled and then on to symantec.
has to be the 3rd party cookies setting that caught it and
dealt with it without worry'n me.
cheers,

Old November 28th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Glad to know you were 'listening' when I was calling out to you.
can't help on the compie problem....why do you think it's your compie and
not just the site?
Must have missed a post here

Butterfly