OT- Bekah Update

Old November 20th 04, 05:14 PM
Rachel T.

Default OT- Bekah Update

Below is an email from her mom. Looks like I will be spending my Christmas
Eve/ Day in Columbus too. Oh well. No biggie. I think I'll try to come up
with things to keep a 3 year old semi-busy....

-----------------------

So far, the tests are showing no sign of cancer and her bones are looking
more normal. She still has a bone marrow draw on Monday. Assume good news
unless you hear otherwise.
Rebekah is set to go to COlumbus on December 2. SHe will have 8 days of
intense chemo therapy which will kill her bone marrow causing the need for
the stem cell transplant.. She will have a day of rest and then they will
give her back her stem cells which will find their way back to the bone
marrow and start making red blood cells, platelets, and white blood cells.
They will take about 2-3 wks to kick in. During this time, she will be
given platelets and red blood cells. They can not give white blood cells.
SO, she will be in isolation in a very clean and sterile environment. SHe
will be restricted from having visitors. Buddy and I will be allowed with
her though. Based on the history of this disease, sometimes a cancer cell
can slip by these tests. It is a very hard disease to treat. That it why
they hit it with all they can the first time around. Please do not send me
any emails during this time, so my box does not get too full. I will try
and keep everyone updated when I can. She will be in Columbus 5-8 weeks.
Please keep praying for her!

Old November 20th 04, 06:31 PM
Kandice Seeber

My prayers are always with you and Rebekah and the rest of the family. Much
love!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 21st 04, 02:27 AM
Carol in SLC

Prayers on the way!

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/karen.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/katie.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/oceansprite.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/jarvis.jpg
Old November 21st 04, 11:42 PM
Cheryl

Sounds like GOOD NEWS to me

hope she gets through the trip to Columbus --

From how it sounds - if things go well - by spring she should be ready to
return to a "normal" life...

keeping all toes and fingers crossed...
and praying for our little Princess....
Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

OT- Bekah Update Rachel T. Beads 3 November 2nd 04 03:33 PM
Bekah Update...You Gotta Read This... :) KDK Beads 0 August 8th 04 09:57 AM
Bekah Update....not eating KDK Beads 0 August 3rd 04 09:13 AM