Eating me out of house and home

Old August 16th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
katieW.

Default Eating me out of house and home

So, I just walked out into the living room.

I had gone to the grocery store on the way home from the dog park
(Where the terrorists ran arround for 90 minutes, dammit!).

In my living room, strewn about amongst the toys and my shredded pair
of tennis shoes, I found the empty box of cinnamon streusel muffin mix.
They'd ripped open the box, ripped open the plastic bags and ate both
the muffin mix and the streusel topping. Next to that was an empty box
of Special K. Same fate as the muffin mix. The entire BOX! THEN I
found the mongo size jar of peanut butter on the couch. Somehow they'd
chewed through the plastic jar and eaten about a third of it. This
was all in 35 minutes!!!!! AND I FREE FEED THE LITTLE TERRORISTS!
There are perfectly good bowls of dogfood sitting RIGHT THERE. Maybe I
need to start sealing the dogfood into plastic bags and cardboard boxes
and putting them up on the counters and in the cupboards. Obviously
food doesn't taste good unless it is WORK to get it.

Jerri - can I have Sam to teach these guys to be DOGS?

Katie

Old August 16th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

That is so funny!
Of course, I shouldn't laugh too hard. My kitten Harley has been helping
himself to the Q-Tips on the bathroom counter lately. He just takes one at a
time, so finally I had to put them away. I thought we were finally out of
the woods when he got over his "toilet paper phase". When he was smaller, he
used to like to "let the good times roll" about once a week and that
Charmine isn't cheap! And of course he would wait until there was a new roll
to reel the whole thing out and then stream it through the house. Oh, and
last week I couldn't find my roll of waxed linen for stringing my beads. I
finally found it under the stove, completely chewed up and ruined!

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
ups.com...

Old August 16th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
katieW.

Dawn -

Oh, yeah. The Terrierists like Qtips, dirty or clean. They went
through a box of 250 in one day. We will not even talk about toilet
paper or paper towels.

So, AFTER cleaning up that whole mess, I came in here and wrote my
rant. When I went back into the livingroom 15 minutes later, they'd
gotten into the pantry cupboard and helped themselves to 2 bags of
microwave popcorn. Now let me tell you, I know from experience that
THAT will make for lovely poops for the next few days. Last week
they ate 2 bags of microwave popcorn and then washed it down with a
bottle of flax seed oil. The week before that it was Meat Tartar
week.... a bunny, a nest of baby skunks, a racoon, and a crow (caught
at 5.5 ft in the air).

WHY CAN'T THEY EAT DOG FOOD?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part of it is that I can't really get MAD at these idiots.
They always seem so proud of whatever they've managed to "hunt down"
(be it living, or from General Mills). They are sooooooooo contrite
when I express my displeasure. And through it all, they are happy and
bouncy and so darned good-natured. Jack Russell Terriers are a breed
unto themselves.

My new house will have a Jack-proof room. stainless steel walls and a
stone floor. and a big ol' drain in the middle to just hose everything
down...........

Katie

Dawn ^..^ wrote:
[...]

ups.com...

Old August 16th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

You have to be one step ahead of Jack Russells. I have had 11 of them.
Such wonderful little dogs.

I remember one day when DH and I were having tea. We had, had a pork pie
and half of it left for another day. We suddenly remembered our library
books were due back and only 30 mins before closing. We dashed out
leaving everything on the table. When we got back no pork pie left.
Cindy had by getting up on various items of furniture got on the table
and got the pie for her and her daughter to share.

We could not be angry with them because it was our fault for leaving
temptation for them.
They got no more to eat that night.

I love JR's but have not got any now. It broke my heart to lose the last
two.
Shirley

In message . com,
katieW. writes

Dawn ^..^ wrote:
[...]

ups.com...

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old August 16th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Katie, get those cupboard locks that are for keeping kids from opening
the doors. We use them on the boat, not just to keep the First Mate
from opening them but to keep the doors from flying open while we're
travelling and get stuck or go on a bit of a lean when there's an
obstruction in the water.

They do work, and think of the fun of watching them figure out they're
barred from the cupboards! They can open them about an inch and that's
it.

-Su

Old August 16th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

I am laughing so hard over your posts, Katie. What have I gotten myself
into.

Hubby could relate because one of our first fosters ate the peach scone mix
I got him one Christmas! This man food guards worse than any dog I've ever
had. Lol. He still brings it up.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
ups.com...

Dawn ^..^ wrote:
[...]

ups.com...

Old August 17th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

With my dog, it's bread. He once got up on the kitchen island and ate an
entire dozen hot dog buns!
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old August 17th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
katieW.

ROFL!!!!!

Our bread is in the top cupboard over the fridge. *I* have to stand
on the counter to get it!

Ranger, our greatly missed Shepherd introduced me to bread-thieving
dogs. He always got the crusts when I made PBJs, but that was never
enough for him. He'd scarf a loaf if I left it on the edge of the
counter (He would NEVER stand up with his paws on the counter, but if
he could reach it with four paws on the floor, it was HIS!)

The Terrierists have continued that fine tradition, however, Nutter
manages to leap his fat a** up onto the counter and steals it. Oreo,
my svelt, athletic 8lb Terrierist has never figured out the vertical
leap thing. He can High-Hurdle at a dead run, but not leap straight
up. LardButt on the other hand can leap 6 ft straight up. It is
really quite impressive.

katie

Old August 17th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Maybe it's one of those "misery loves company" things, but reading your
posts was oddly comforting. I have just relieved my Yorkie of my
grandson's glasses, two napkins, a pen, a juice cup, and cleaned up a
puddle behind my chair. She tore up a bag of sea sponges, two bags of
beads, and tried to make off with some metal card holders, but they
made enough noise that i finally noticed what she was doing and saved
them. it's been a busy day.

This is my third Yorkie and she's just nuts--I've said that she's
channeling a Jack Russell; I've never seen a Yorkie jump the way this
one does--straight up! We've been finding her on the wrong side of the
dog gate, and finally saw her climb into my grandson's toy box where
she balanced on a Wiggles guitar and made a leap that looked like Steve
McQueen going over the fence in Papillion.

She's finally asleep--and just like any baby, she looks adorable. Her
first birthday is next week--I hope she grows up soon!

keep the dog stories coming ... it's nice to know I'm not alone in
puppy hell!

Nolly

Old August 17th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Have you tried crate training? (please don't hit me)

Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM
OT Society... was Banned from the Garden!--very long Caryn Needlework 30 July 25th 03 03:17 AM