Gemstone bead favorites and not so favs

Old August 14th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Gemstone bead favorites and not so favs

Here you go Karleen. This is one of my new favorites, too.

http://snipurl.com/uxho

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Junky

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Vibrant Jewels wrote:

What is purple sage agate?

Old August 14th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Ooooh, those are pretty!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Here you go Karleen. This is one of my new favorites, too.

http://snipurl.com/uxho

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Junky

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check
out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Vibrant Jewels wrote:

What is purple sage agate?

Old August 15th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Thanks Barb, but I've always thought this was called Fancy Jasper????

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Here you go Karleen. This is one of my new favorites, too.

http://snipurl.com/uxho

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Junky

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check
out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Vibrant Jewels wrote:

What is purple sage agate?

Old August 15th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
iolite

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks Barb, but I've always thought this was called Fancy Jasper????

Fancy jasper is more green, with some bits looking kind of pinkish or
yellow- also one of my favourites!

I really like the slab beads this woman sells (and this is a good example of
fancy jasper too):

Kimberly

Old August 15th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Turquoise is my favourite. I also love real jet, but it's hard to
find. I usually manage to get it in the form of strands from old
Victorian/Edwardian mourning clothing, they used it by the mile for
fringe so I have a big bag of it that is loose strands but not much
larger than modern Delica bead size.

I love coral but can't bring myself to use it so I've been turning to
the glittery side of the force with crystals instead.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old August 16th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Vibrant Jewels wrote:
Well I have fancy jasper that is purple! I guess they've renamed it for
sales appeal???
http://www.justbeads.com/listings/de...mnum=839653896

I think Fancy Jasper (also called Indian Agate) and Purple Plume
Agate are different stones. Fancy Jasper is an opaque stone. Fancy
Jasper can have green, mauve, brown, tan and more purple colors. I love
the beads which have mauve and green mixed together. Purple Plume is
more translucent, you can see through parts of it, this is especially
noticeable on larger cabs. It's sort of like the effect you get with
Carnelian - some of the stones have a more quartz like appearance, or
clear with the brownish wine color mixed in.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old August 16th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

The Sage amethyst I have is much lighter and a more clear purple. Lots
of white and black speckles, some beige. No time to do a photo right
now, but I'll try to do so this weekend and post what I have.