Spares for Glastar bench foiler ?

Old October 29th 04, 07:58 AM
Adrian Brentnall

Default Spares for Glastar bench foiler ?

Hi All

I have a Glastar bench foiler - seems like a useful piece of kit.
It came with wheels for 7/32 & 3/16 foil - but it'd be much more use
to me if I could run 7/32 on both sides (black-backed foil on once
side & copper-backed on the other).

Does anybody know where I can get a spare 7/32 wheel - I did try
emailing Glastar but they haven't bothered to reply.....

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK
Old October 29th 04, 01:35 PM
jk

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message
Hi All

I have a Glastar bench foiler - seems like a useful piece of kit.
It came with wheels for 7/32 & 3/16 foil - but it'd be much more use
to me if I could run 7/32 on both sides (black-backed foil on once
side & copper-backed on the other).

Does anybody know where I can get a spare 7/32 wheel - I did try
emailing Glastar but they haven't bothered to reply.....

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK

Do you have a local SG store? If not try calling Glastar. They are very
good about this kind of thing, and will probably send you one gratis. By the
way try the newer Table Foiler if you get the chance. They actually took
that foiler concept to a 100% better idea. I use it all day, and hardly
ever use the Glastar anymore.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

Old October 29th 04, 04:54 PM
Adrian Brentnall

HI JK
Thanks for the reply

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:35:08 GMT, "jk" wrote:

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All

I have a Glastar bench foiler - seems like a useful piece of kit.
It came with wheels for 7/32 & 3/16 foil - but it'd be much more use
to me if I could run 7/32 on both sides (black-backed foil on once
side & copper-backed on the other).

Does anybody know where I can get a spare 7/32 wheel - I did try
emailing Glastar but they haven't bothered to reply.....

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK

Do you have a local SG store?

I did ask at my 'local' store - but they only stocked the complete
unit.

If not try calling Glastar. They are very
good about this kind of thing, and will probably send you one gratis.

Hmmm - I'm still waiting for them to reply to my email enquiry - 4
days and counting..... g

By the
way try the newer Table Foiler if you get the chance. They actually took
that foiler concept to a 100% better idea. I use it all day, and hardly
ever use the Glastar anymore.

Oh - more equipment ! g
I'm only just coming to terms with the Glastar - what does the table
foiler do that the one I've got doesn't ?

From time to time I do find that the Glastar splits the edge of the
copper foil - which is a bit of an annoyance - but generally I'm happy
with it - and it's faster & more accurate than the hand foiler I was
using....

Thanks again
Adrian
Suffolk UK

Old October 30th 04, 12:19 AM
Andy

the only adjustment the Table Foiler has is the "up and down" movement
of the wheel that the foil runs through. So simple, I can't believe
it. Doesn't work with all glass but most of spectrum, Kokomo,
Armstrong and any glass that is fairly flat. It'll cut your foiling
time in half...at least. I've been selling them in my store since they
came out. Customers get a demo and then they buy one. Usually call me
a few days later and tell me how much they love it. Easy to change
wheels and to center the foil.

Andy
Neoglassic Studio
http://www.neoglassic.com

[...]

From time to time I do find that the Glastar splits the edge of the

Old October 31st 04, 05:16 PM
Adrian Brentnall

HI Andy

Thanks for the comments.
I've just had a search on the web - and the Table Foiler looks (to my
uneducated eyes) very much like my Glastar foiler, turned flat on its
side....

Can you explain what makes it so special ?
I guess being able to see the side of the glass as it foils gives
reassurance that everything's working OK - but, unless I'm missing
something (quite possible g) - I can't see the difference between
them..

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK

On 29 Oct 2004 16:19:13 -0700, (Andy) wrote:

[...]

From time to time I do find that the Glastar splits the edge of the

Old November 1st 04, 05:50 PM
Andy

Just the fact that you lay your glass on the table and feed it into
the rollers makes it easier than having to hold the glass upright and
rotate it through the wheels. Set it and forget it. Centering the foil
couldn't be easier.

Andy

[...]

From time to time I do find that the Glastar splits the edge of the

Old November 1st 04, 08:54 PM
Adrian Brentnall

HI Andy

OK - I see....

Does it also do a partial crimp on the foil ?

Seems that it should be possible to adapt my old Glastar to do the
same thing......

Thanks again.....

No response from Glastar about spares for the Bench Foiler - not very
impressed by their lack of Customer Service!

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK

(Andy) wrote:

[...]

From time to time I do find that the Glastar splits the edge of the

Old November 1st 04, 11:10 PM
jk

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message
HI Andy

OK - I see....

Does it also do a partial crimp on the foil ?

Seems that it should be possible to adapt my old Glastar to do the
same thing......

Thanks again.....

Unless you have money to burn Adrian, just use your foiler.... it's fine,
just not quite as good as the table foiler.

Old November 2nd 04, 08:15 AM
Adrian Brentnall

HI JK

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:10:44 GMT, "jk" wrote:

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message
.. .
HI Andy

OK - I see....

Does it also do a partial crimp on the foil ?

Seems that it should be possible to adapt my old Glastar to do the
same thing......

Thanks again.....

Unless you have money to burn Adrian, just use your foiler.... it's fine,
just not quite as good as the table foiler.

Thanks - as you probably guessed I don't have money to burn g....
....just curious as to the advantages of one piece of kit over another.

Now - if only I could find a spare 7/32" wheel for my Glastar then I'd
be a happy little bunny !

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK

Old November 2nd 04, 05:57 PM
Andy

It'll center the foil and adequately crimp the foil...all you'll have
to do is burnish it.

Andy

(Andy) wrote:

[...]

From time to time I do find that the Glastar splits the edge of the