Roll Call!

Old January 5th 05, 04:41 PM
Elizabeth Young

Loren in Seattle wrote:
Any other knitting quilters out there?

yep - am knitting Sock and Son of Sock right now (a pair of very loud
turkish/anatolian folk socks)

liz young in merely overcast california
Old January 5th 05, 04:49 PM
Anna Belle

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:41:49 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

We see that many have not answered the roll call. For those of you reluctant
to participate, I will be happy to tell all I know about you, may even take
editorial license and embellish a little. It's your choice.
It is also noted that some of you are waay too modest.
The scary part is Joy saying she reads here to stay sane. So do I, Joy.
Gators are fine watchdogs but they're not much for company. Polly

Mostly lurker, sometime poster. Another late quilter, but I have been
working on a couple of projects and holiday guests just left.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay. Also a January birthdate, and so glad to have
one even though they seem to add up faster and faster. This will be
68, whoopee!! glad to have made it this far.
Quilting forever, learned to sew on a treadle very early. Years &
years of 4-H training when Mother was the advisor. Have sewed
clothing draperies, upholstery and tailoring in the past, but retired
to full time quilting. Lots & lots of quilts finished and lot more to
do.

Happily married for 48 years and have two sons. One 47 and one 45,
both long gone from home so I have a sewing room. No QI locally but
have a GD ( grand dog) named Billy who loves them, problem is he is
in Boston and I am in Florida.

Former Elementary School secretary and resource librarian. Drove a
delivery route for library materials in the dead of winter in seven
counties in Ohio, not a fun job. Been in Florida for 25 years and not
about to leave.

DH flies RC planes and has a huge C130 ready to go.
Have collections of Cobalt Blue Glassware, Milk Glass and Ruby Glass.

Love bright colors, mostly love fabric. Quilts run the range from
traditional, to contemporary and some art (ish).

More than you want to know----
Anna Belle in Palm Bay
Old January 5th 05, 04:58 PM
K. Reece

Okay, here's mine, I'm Kathy and I sign my occasional posts as "Kathy in
Ks." I live in the southwest corner of Kansas. I have two grown sons, 3
granddaughters and 1 grandson. I'm married to my second husband and we're
coming up on our 13th anniversary.

I started a quilt in 1979 and didn't finish it or start another one until
1999. I found RCTQ in late 1998 when I got a webtv. Finding RCTQ was what
inspired me to finish that first quilt!! Since 1999 I've made enough quilts
that I've lost track of exactly how many!! Maybe I should sit down and list
them all?

I don't have a lot of time to devote to the newsgroup anymore, I read more
than I post.

Kathy in Ks.
"frood" wrote in message
news
As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.
But, while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very
easily. (ok, except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a
new year, I thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get
to know each other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to
keep the players straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA.
I'm married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or
8 years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright
colors, and I collect vintage textiles.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old January 5th 05, 05:10 PM
Arlinda

My name is Arlinda and now live in W.Palm Beach, FL after being in
Richmond, VA 14 years. We literally blew in with the hurricanes. DH and I
are both Key West natives so it's good to be back in Florida. I have been
mostly lurking, been away from even lurking for a year or more but wanted to
get back to reading the group. Been quilting....well, mostly piecing tops
that need to be quilted...for about 15 years. I have another addiction,
machine embroidery, that distracted me from quilting but now am determined
to get all my quilts done and try to occasionally combine my two habits.

I am married (30 years) to an understanding DH who has learned to deal with
my fabric stash (as I have his computer "guts" collection and golf club
side-business). I have three grown children, the youngest going into the
Navy January 18 (my dad's BD and also was a sailor). No grands to sew for
yet. That's OK, none are married yet either G. I also have two QI's,
large and small dogs, who love to lay on my quilts.

I also am a CNA (Cert. Nurse Aide) and not working at present due to recent
move and "trying" to get this place organized. I am still looking at boxes
we haven't been able to find space for.

Arlinda

wrote in message
Hi, I'm Barbara C. from Florida near Fort Lauderdale. It truly is
paradise here. I've been married to my present husband for 9 years. We
are foster parents for our local humane society and presently have 3
underweight kittens "boarding" with us. They will soon be fat and sassy
and ready for adoption. I've only been quilting for about 2 years and am
totally addicted. I still take classes and have learned a lot from this
group. If it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't have learned about minkee.
I'm now addicted to that too. I've done quite a few tops, but so far I'm
the worse quilter in the world. I'm still trying though.

Barb C. in FL

"judy in fort worth" wrote in message
m...
I am Judy and post as judy in fort worth

DH and I have been married for almost 30 years and have lived in the Fort
Worth area for 16. We are originally from Illinois (Go Illinois State!)
We have two DS's---neither married (I am thinking about posting DS#1 on
Ebay looking for a suitable gf). DS#1 is 24 and an athletic trainer in
South Texas, DS#2 is a student at LSU in Baton Rouge. I am an elementary
school librarian and DS teaches hs math.
I prefer to machine piece and machine quilt although I do send out
anything larger than a twin to a good friend who has a longarm machine
business. I have been quilting for 23 years and give away many of my
quilts as gifts. I do commission work if I can find it. No QI's.
My quilts are located at
Favorite colors are brights, reds and blues.
Just finished a New Year's Eve mystery with another group and have an
attic windows quilt that needs bordering. Too many UFO"s to count and
let's not even talk about PIGS!

judy in fort worth

Old January 5th 05, 05:20 PM
Moira Riddell

Well, seeing that I know Shirley and Ally, it's best I piggyback here!

I am Moira, I live in Croydon, Surrey, England, I have 3 sons, all left
home, one in Australia and the others in outh east England. I am married to
DH and will be celebrating 35 years in June.
Like others I have participated in Round Robins on this RCTQ, embarrased to
say that I have not sandwiched or quilted any of them.... I have done very
little quilting this last year, and have concentrated on photography and
loving it. I have joined a camera club which has helped me so much.
I have had a lapse on RCTQ because of a pc problem, and have just returned
to the fold. I missed you guys a lot, and pleased to see some of the long
standing RCTQ'ers are still posting, like Paul n Suzie, Shirley Shone,
Butterfly, Ginger and all of you whom I have been lucky enough to meet up
with, a little sad, that when I went to the Glendale Quilt Show last year, I
didn't recognise anyone...
I have finished my Lone Star Top, and think I will spend a lot of time
deciding how to quilt it, or I might just send it out to be quilted!!!!!
I am receiving tution on building a web-site and this should be up and
running very soon....
I have no QI's.

Moira
"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
I am going to tack on to Ally since I am her friend and another UKer.
I am Shirley with several aka's of Madame Faberge and Madame Tassel
Originally joined this group about 6 years ago, introduced by Connie D.

I beaded the centre panel for the Enschede Disaster quilt. I have not done
any proper quilting but I have a pile of stuff. Just waiting for a good
fairy to come and sort my workroom out.

I live in Derbyshire, married, recently celebrated my Golden Wedding in
Malta. Two grown sons and 3 grandchildren.

I am still doing beadwork.

Shirley

In message , ally
writes
I'm Ally - posting as ally (with a little a) and I live in the South of
England.

I've been around since about '97 I recon, when I got my first computer.
Back then I used to handquilt little bits, but made my first whole quilt
that year for my first baby neice. I got my first sewing machine around
that time too when I realised how much easier it would be to peice with
oneG

8 years, twin neice/nephew, lots of quilts a bunch of new friends, and a
few trips to see some of you later, I am still here, though I dont post
so often these days.

I took a year off quilting for no particular reason other than I got
into jewelllery making, but I made a comeback last year and finished 2
UFOs the top of a new quilt and made 2 christmassy wallhangings.

This year I shall hit the big four-oh and am hoping to celebrate with a
quilt, a scrap book and maybe a trip overseas again.
:-)

--
Shirley Shone

Old January 5th 05, 05:41 PM
Bonnie

Shona, so sorry. (((((((((hugs))))))))))
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old January 5th 05, 07:24 PM
Pati Cook

Ayesha is my "dancing" name. I do Middle Eastern dance (makes it a lot
easier to "justify" the garb which is ideal for this climate, most of
the time) and needed a Mid Eastern name to go with. Was given this one
by one of the Arabic persona knights.

I used to be a regular merchant at Estrella......... before it was even
Estrella....... G

Pati, in Phx

Elizabeth Young wrote:

Pati Cook wrote:

She'll probably be here in the Valley in Feb. then. The big Estrella
war is President's day weekend.

I've been in and out of SCA activity for almost 30 years.
Pati, in Phx aka Lady Leonore Aid-an, Countess Ironsteed, yada yada,
aka Ayesha aka "Mama Fuzzy".......... don't ask.

Good grief - not only am I also SCA, but go under a variant of Ayesha!
No sort of brass hat however.
Never get to Estrella because we have a big music fest that weekend
every year.
liz young in cloudy california, aka 'A'isha bint Khalil al-Herati

Old January 5th 05, 07:40 PM
georg

Pati Cook wrote:
Ayesha is my "dancing" name. I do Middle Eastern dance (makes it a lot
easier to "justify" the garb which is ideal for this climate, most of
the time) and needed a Mid Eastern name to go with. Was given this one
by one of the Arabic persona knights.

I used to be a regular merchant at Estrella......... before it was even
Estrella....... G

Pati, in Phx

Well, that's one of the joys of my name. George is documented as
Armenian from about 1100 on, so I can dress comfortably Persian in the
summer. Unfortunately, the Anne surname is definitely English 16th
century, and I've only one outfit from close to that time- which doesn't
fit.

Rita is the one name that amuses me. I can date it to roughly the same
time period. You could be Rita of Bourg, and be a lovely 12th century
Armenian, and consequentially give the Heralds coughing fits. Or Rita
Hayrick... If I looked more like a Rita, I'd consider changing my name
to Rita Pitsak. It sounds sooo unperiod around the Morgans and Rowans.

-georg
Old January 5th 05, 07:41 PM
Rita

Hi Arlinda. Seems we're neighbors.. I live in Wellington west of you. Have
you considered joining the Palm Beach County Quilter's Guild? I have their
link on my website below my sig.

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old January 5th 05, 08:59 PM
C & S

Thank you Frood for the wonderful Idea. I'm enjoying reading about every
one.

I'm Carole and I post as C&S. I'm French Canadian (from Mtl) 45, married to
a wonderful American man (from NYC) and have a 7 yr old DD, 2 QI and one
canine. We live in up state NY. I'm a full time student presently doing an
MA in Philo & Religious Thought. I've been quilting for 9 years. Machine
piece and machine quilt, usually bed size quilts. I also do applique and
hand quilting. As you've probably noticed, I do not post often but I do
lurk. I haven't had much time to quilt lately due to an overload of school
work (I made the mistake of taking 3 classes last semester - never again.
I'm barely regaining my sanity :-).

Nice meeting every one.

Carole

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM