Current Project

Old August 26th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Default Current Project

Okay. We need needlework posts to make the stupid one disappear. I'm
game.

What's your current project? Name one. I mean one. I know I've been
guilty in the past of answering this question with multiples. But
there should be one project that's on top of your stitching pile. What
is it and why is there?

Donna in Virginia

Old August 26th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thistletoes

On Aug 26, 10:04 am, Donna wrote:
Okay. We need needlework posts to make the stupid one disappear. I'm
game.

What's your current project? Name one. I mean one. I know I've been
guilty in the past of answering this question with multiples. But
there should be one project that's on top of your stitching pile. What
is it and why is there?

Donna in Virginia

Okay - I'll help. I just finished stitching a bunch of little
hangings, about 6 x 7" - using my twig hangers - for a fund raiser
for our local animal shelter. They were all little animals, with a
humorous twist, done on burlap for a more primitive, light-hearted
appearance.

Put Cob Cottage on hold till I got the animal shelter project done,
but now getting back to it. Also, still working on a monochromatic
Quaker sampler in 2 shades of blue on dirty linen. It is one strand
of floss over 1 thread because I am using a very fine count linen.
I have decided I will never stitch anything that tiny again unless I
have microscopes inserted in place of my eyes.

I am wearing my half-readers in addition to my regular glasses, and
using my Ott (daylight) lamp plus a regular floor lamp so I can see.

Deb

Deb

Old August 26th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Aug 26, 11:21 am, thistletoes wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:04 am, Donna wrote:

Okay. We need needlework posts to make the stupid one disappear. I'm
game.

What's your current project? Name one. I mean one. I know I've been
guilty in the past of answering this question with multiples. But
there should be one project that's on top of your stitching pile. What
is it and why is there?

My crazy quilt pillow. It's a good way to experiment with different
stitches and materials, without all the work having gone to waste. I'm
eying one of the Jane Nicholas Dragonflies for it, which would be a
first attempt at stumpwork.

Dora

Old August 26th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Donna wrote:

What's your current project? Name one. I mean one. I know I've been
guilty in the past of answering this question with multiples. But
there should be one project that's on top of your stitching pile. What
is it and why is there?

Pooh.

It's there because babies can't wait, because it's almost done, and
because I've grown to hate all those fractionals and want to get it in
the mail ASAP so I never have to look at it again.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 7/10/07 -- Dance of the Roses

WIP: The Teacher, Bethany Angel, Pooh & Crew,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old August 26th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Donna" wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay. We need needlework posts to make the stupid one disappear. I'm
game.

What's your current project? Name one. I mean one. I know I've been
guilty in the past of answering this question with multiples. But
there should be one project that's on top of your stitching pile. What
is it and why is there?

Donna in Virginia

For me it's a an old Dimensions Kit called "Exquisite Lily Sampler." Why
it's on top of the pile now is because there's an empty spot on the wall
where it will fit in perfectly.

Lucille

Old August 26th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen E.

Donna wrote:
Okay. We need needlework posts to make the stupid one disappear. I'm
game.

What's your current project? Name one. I mean one. I know I've been
guilty in the past of answering this question with multiples. But
there should be one project that's on top of your stitching pile. What
is it and why is there?

Jennie Jean by Amybear Needlepoint.

Lots of laid stitches, which I love. Beautiful, bright colors. I love
the piece.

Karen E.
Old August 26th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Aug 26, 1:04 pm, Donna wrote:
Okay. We need needlework posts to make the stupid one disappear. I'm
game.

What's your current project? Name one. I mean one. I know I've been
guilty in the past of answering this question with multiples. But
there should be one project that's on top of your stitching pile. What
is it and why is there?

Donna in Virginia

I REALLY hope to finiah the Elizabeth Designs "Winter" Sampler, maybe
this afternoon!! I have a half-dozen silk leaves, and some eyelets to
do, and it will be done. This will complete the set of four seasons.
The other three are at home, framed, and when I get back to Florida, I
shall have my framer use a frame that marries in with the rest of the
series. This has tken about a year, on and off.

Gillian

Old August 27th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

Same old needlepoint I've had going for months. Castoff kit from a
friend who hated it after ten minutes and sent it to me. I gave up
trying to follow the chart, and am just winging it on the flowers.
NInety nine shades of blue and I'm certain I've already screwed up.
I fear I'll run out of background and will have to scour the land for
a match. The framing will be expensive and am not even sure where
it'll look good in my house. Maybe a pillow? Gee, I'm talking
myself out of working any longer on it and may just toss it, but I've
put a lot of hours into it.

No other projects at this time. I hate to run 'em concurrently.

Old August 27th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
janice142

On Aug 26, 12:04 pm, Donna wrote:
What's your current project?

A quilt, for the Kidlet. I've still got two blocks to quilt (by hand)
and some finishing tweaks but finished one block this morning. There
are 15. Er, 16. Or will be, once the main is done. I'd like to turn it
into a quillow.

Eons ago (many years!) I had a stitch friend named Barb in England.
She sent a cat pillow panel piece and I'd like to use it as the
quillow part. The colors look well together. Oh, and still need to
make th epillows too (matching) -- blocks ddone, but nothing else .

In my spare time. Hahahah.

Old August 27th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

In embroidery ? i am still working on last part of 12 big parts , that
i have ripped from first work , as i wasn`t happy with it ,,,
I also starteda 2nd `memory cloth` .
There are 2 crazy applique Embroidery bags that are to be finnished
,,, and 2 artworks that need last stitches ,,,
But i also have a NEW work on the loom , several knitted clothes in
various stages , 3 presents in various stages ,,, And my book isn`t
done yet and it Makes Growling noises at me to finnish it !!!!
I just co Curated an exhibition where i put a new work of mine as well
,,,
mirjam

Current project Valerie Beads 25 August 23rd 07 02:06 AM
Thank you and about my current project Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 October 29th 05 09:59 AM
What is your current project? Marisa Cappetta Beads 17 August 18th 05 11:46 PM
CURRENT WIP SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 9 March 9th 05 05:03 PM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM