Kenmore Monogrammer

Old September 25th 04, 09:22 PM
Tom Farrell

Default Kenmore Monogrammer

So, I got a Kenmore Monogrammer.

Singer monogrammers for vertical needle machines seem to be about as
common as a month of mondays, and kenmore monogrammers crop up all the
time, so I figured I'd get one and see if I could use it.

I can't.

Basically, the device is made for a machine with a vertical bobbin.
You'd take off the cover in front of the bobbin area, and there's a
thingy that gets attached to the front of the machine. The buttonholer
or the monogrammer can be attached into the thingy, and they then get
their power from the rotation of the bobbin, as far as I can tell. The
problem is, the thingy is a vital part without which neither the
buttonholer nor the monogrammer may be used, and it won't fit just any
ordinary machine, it's made to fit an old Kenmore machine. So, unless
you're trying with an old kenmore machine, the buttonholer and
monogrammer can't be attached.

So, I also got a bunch of cams with this collection. The buttonholer
has a set of cams, which are in blocks with five cams molded into the
block. Thus, five pieces of plastic yield 25 cams.

Also, the monogrammer has its letter cams, all 26 of them. Each has
two sizes of the letter, depending on which direction you stick the
cam into the monogrammer device.

Does anyone know if these cams are useful for anything besides the
Kenmore monogrammer? Are they, for example, usable on the Singer
Professional Monogrammer? Basically, I'm wondering if I should hang
onto this set of stuff in the hope that some of the cams might be
useful, or if I should just give up and put it back on ebay.

Tom Farrell
http://www.SewingWithTom.com
Old September 25th 04, 10:25 PM
Pogonip

Tom Farrell wrote:
Does anyone know if these cams are useful for anything besides the
Kenmore monogrammer? Are they, for example, usable on the Singer
Professional Monogrammer? Basically, I'm wondering if I should hang
onto this set of stuff in the hope that some of the cams might be
useful, or if I should just give up and put it back on ebay.

Tom Farrell
http://www.SewingWithTom.com

I've got one of those Kenmore monogrammers, too, and
thought the strips looked like those for the "newer"
Singer monogrammer. Thinking of Griest, who made
attachments including the buttonhole maker for all
machines, I hoped the strips would be interchangeable.
They aren't.

Anyone need an old Kenmore monogrammer complete with 26
letters?
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old October 3rd 04, 12:28 AM
ILENE McCOY

I cannot believe this ....I spent most of the morning on the phone with
Sears Service and Parts to see if it was still possible to purchase the
strip cams for a Sears Monogramer. So if what you have listed here is
compatable with what I have ( and my purse) I would be interested.
Please contact me so we can discuss.

Thanks
Ilene McCoy

Old November 2nd 04, 03:27 PM
CarolTeo

Do you still have the monogrammer? When you say that it fits older
Kenmores, which ones? I am looking for a monogrammer that will fit my
Kenmore #158-1680 and I know that ebay has on that is model #41704, but I
do not know if this one will fit. There are 2 different models that look
similar. My machine has the plate in back of the needle that pops up to
attach the button hole attachment. HELP, I really need a monogrammer that
fits.
Carol Teo

White Kenmore... Good Deal? KittyG Quilting 2 October 20th 04 03:33 AM
Singer Monogrammer for slant needle Tom Farrell Sewing 15 September 7th 04 12:07 AM
Singer Monogrammer Tom Farrell Sewing 6 August 31st 04 03:17 PM
Kenmore 385.15516000 - Can it sew elastic? Oakdale6884 Sewing 6 August 24th 04 08:47 AM
Sears Kenmore Walking Foot Carolyn McCarty Quilting 2 October 24th 03 12:27 AM