What I did on my spring retreat

Old April 18th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kamalaleah[_2_]

Default What I did on my spring retreat

I got back today from my spring retreat. As always I took more than I
had time for but did get lots done. As I go on this retreat twice a year
and have been doing so for years, I decided to make a quilt for my bed.
The place does provide all linens but it's fun to have a quilt on the
bed. I started it at the last fall retreat and finished sewing the
binding on the first night and was able to sleep under it this past
week. Of course I had to make a matching pillow case to go with my
quilt. I finished up a ufo that was over two years old. Binding was
needed on yet another quilt that will be a friends 50th birthday present
next month. Someone there offered to hand sew it down for me if I sewed
it on by machine. I was grateful and took her up on her offer. She did
it to two evenings. Another friend is turning 50 so I am making a quilt
where the blocks look like bottles of wine. He is in the wine making
business. All the bottles will be of a different grape fabric. I got 18
out of the 61 I brought to do. Last but not least I made a thread
catcher for someone attending. All in all a successful quilt retreat.
Pictures to follow.

Tamara
Old April 18th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Sounds like you had a great time!! i love retreats, dont you? it seems
they go too fast, tho!

amy inCNY

eQuilter - Fresh Spring Designers - Spring Sale! prubin Marketplace 0 March 25th 08 06:48 PM
Retreat! frood Quilting 10 November 19th 05 06:31 PM
Retreat Leanne Quilting 2 September 19th 05 03:50 AM
Off to a retreat Lenore Lawrence Quilting 2 October 14th 04 06:23 PM
Trick or "RETREAT" - Pittsburgh Polymer Clay Retreat Shayla Anthony Polymer Clay 6 October 20th 03 01:35 AM