fabric take-out boxes

Old December 16th 05, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default fabric take-out boxes

My daughter wanted wine-glass charms for favors for her wedding. She
bought all the stuff and then decided that it was too much work. Her
sister-in-law-to-be had had a baby a few weeks earlier and was bored
with being at home, so she ended up making most of the charms.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 16th 05, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I gave those too. It might be italian, but my iranian friend had them
too. Pretty easy to cut circles of tulle, put some sugar coated almonds
and tying with a pretty ribbon...

Sally Swindells wrote:

DD had the traditional sugared almonds which she bought ready done in
very pretty little bags. (Italian tradition?). I'm sure they, and
similar favours, are readily available.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 16th 05, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I was searching for pre-cut candy wrappers at WalMart and saw they had
very pretty little bags for sale in several colors and different
fabrics at the bridal aisle in the craft department- and at very
reasonable prices. Also, check out party supply stores for pre-made
favor "containers"..

HTH

Leslie (happily married- no favors) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 16th 05, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Found my little bag of sugared almonds (not going to eat them, am I).
There are five in the little tulle bag, with a little label that says
'The five sugared almonds are an Italian tradition, and represent
happiness, health, long life, fertility and wealth".

Three are wrapped in gold foil and two unwrapped. Really pretty, and
even the men appreciated them.

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old December 16th 05, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Your daughter will want what she wants probably, but I'll throw another
idea into the mix. I went to a local cheap store and bought packs of
small black frames that held a wallet sized photo and that was the
seating card and party favor. I ID'd each table with a different
flower image (and #) on a large card on the table (in the centerpiece),
and then each frame had in it the person's name and a small version of
the flower which ID'd their table. Not as complicated as it sounds. I
thought it was cute (and very inexpensive), and a frame is just about
the only wedding favor I've ever ended up keeping. I also considered
at one point actually framing an old goofy photo of each guest, but it
was obviously too much work. A lot of people do a photo of the bridge
and groom, too (no offense to anyone, but I felt a bit odd handing out
a photo of myself). Hmm, maybe you could crazy quilt frames... -Lynn

Old December 16th 05, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

After reading through all the great advice you've gotten on this, I have
just $.02 US to add.

It sounds like your daughter really wants the fabric take out boxes. So
why not make them for the wedding party only? They could hold the little
thank you gifts she is probably planning to give them. She'd get her
fabric take out boxes and you could retain your sanity. Win-win solution ;-)

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Audrey wrote:
My daughter just announced a wedding for June 2007, she mentioned fabric
take out boxes as gifts for guests. Any suggestions? Are there any
templates available?
Thank you

Old December 16th 05, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

IMO, as a former bride, former mother of groom and future mother
of groom, awa a guest at numerous weddings, 'gifts/favors' for
guests are not necessary, are waste of time and money, and most
guests don't even do much with them. Most end up binned or at
Charity Shop in a few months. NOT being a Scrooge here ... just
think there are are other, more fruitful, ways to spend money and
time.
PAT in VA/USA

Old December 16th 05, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
IMO, as a former bride, former mother of groom and future mother of groom,
awa a guest at numerous weddings, 'gifts/favors' for guests are not
necessary, are waste of time and money, and most guests don't even do much
with them. Most end up binned or at Charity Shop in a few months. NOT
being a Scrooge here ... just think there are are other, more fruitful,
ways to spend money and time.

I'm in total agreement with you. I can't think of a single wedding I've ever
been to where I've really wanted the favors. I always feel bad, because
someone went to a lot of time and trouble, and it's usually not even
something I can take to the local women's shelter to brighten their day.

And don't get me started on why the DJs seem to be compelled to play music
so gosh darned loud that you can't have a conversation with anyone,
including people who are inches from you.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old December 16th 05, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

must be played loud for the young ones who cant converse well for the most
part. )
besides if they dont listen to loud music now how will they ever make it
thru their old age being able to hear all the snide remarks coming from the
young ones about being old.
they are limited by their life experience.
cheers,
jeanne
eh? eh? sorry cant hear ya, got bad ears from too many rock concerts when i
was your age, sweetie
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote...
I'm in total agreement with you. I can't think of a single wedding I've
ever been to where I've really wanted the favors. I always feel bad,
because someone went to a lot of time and trouble, and it's usually not
even something I can take to the local women's shelter to brighten their
day.

And don't get me started on why the DJs seem to be compelled to play music
so gosh darned loud that you can't have a conversation with anyone,
including people who are inches from you.

"Pat in Virginia" wrote...

Old December 16th 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It was my mother's idea to do the 4-piece boxes of Godiva chocolates as
my wedding favor. They came tied with ribbon and a small silk flower.
None of those went to waste!

At my own wedding I told the DJ that I wouldn't pay him if he didn't
stop turning up the volume. That got the message through.
Liz

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

I'm in total agreement with you. I can't think of a single wedding I've ever
been to where I've really wanted the favors. I always feel bad, because
someone went to a lot of time and trouble, and it's usually not even
something I can take to the local women's shelter to brighten their day.

And don't get me started on why the DJs seem to be compelled to play music
so gosh darned loud that you can't have a conversation with anyone,
including people who are inches from you.

Question about fabric boxes Sandy Foster Quilting 6 August 30th 05 02:43 AM
Fabric Boxes SunnyQuilt Quilting 10 December 4th 04 02:38 AM
Fabric Boxes Nurse Ratched Quilting 9 September 25th 04 02:29 AM
71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM