Newbie and San Diego

Old July 23rd 05, 10:08 PM
Patsy Elliott

Pat,
I am Patsy or Patsy Ann if you knew my Mother! Now a block swap might
be fun. I'm trying to think of appropriate theme for this swap, but I'm
drawing a blank as usual. It's too hot to think. It is so hot here the air
conditioner is having a hard time keeping up with it.
Patsy in IN

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Hello Patsy!! I sign here as Pat in Virginia ... I am Patricia. Are you?
We have enough of us with variations on that theme ... maybe we should
have a block swap!!
PAT in VA/USA
Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

Patsy Elliott wrote:
Patti,
Are you Patricia? I am sometimes called Patti, but I'm Patsy. I
have noticed there are several Pat's in the group.
I guess I need to get out more or at least pay attention to what I am
reading. I thought I had read somewhere about a shop in the SD area, but
I couldn't remember. I won't forget now!
I have mainly tried traditional quilts up to this point. I am trying
to work out a pattern for a motorcycle quilt for my brother. I think
someone else had mentioned doing the same thing. He liked the
weathervane pattern. I had seen on Simply quilts a lady who did the
"Hidden Blocks". I loved that idea and ordered the book, so I think I"am
going to use one of those.
I did figure out how to get my pictures on line if you care to look.

Old July 23rd 05, 10:17 PM
Patsy Elliott

Patti,
Three of the cats are Scottish Folds. They are all from the same
litter. Our DD wanted one, and then her DBF (now SIL) wanted one, and we
just loved them so we had to have one. When they got married, the apt. was
not big enough for two dogs and two cats, so we kept them for what was to be
a very short time. Two and a half years later they are still with us. DD
and SIL have moved to a house, but we don't want to give up the girls now.
Tilly was a Tortie Point Himalayan. She did pass away in May at the age of
14. We really do miss her, our Royal Queen.
Thanks for noticing our babies and yes, I am holding the quilt over the
stairs,
Patsy in IN
http://community.webshots.com/user/patowe

"Patti" wrote in message
Whoops! Sorry, I didn't spot the link to pictures either (thanks Sandy!)
You have some beautiful quilts there. I love the idea of holding the
quilt over the stairs for a photograph! (Love the quilt, too). Is that
you holding?
I love your pet pictures. Is Natalie a Scottish Fold? Or has she just
got her ears down? And is Tilly a Ragdoll or perhaps a Birman (I did spot
a white toed foot!). She looks cross enough to be a Persian gg. So
sweet though.

In message _vsEe.197020$xm3.18334@attbi_s21, Patsy Elliott
writes
I have been lurking for a couple of months and have learned so much
from all of you wonderful quilters. I have been quilting about a year and
half and have found my niche in life! I am a 58 yr. old retired elementary
teacher in southern Indiana with one DD who is married and can't sew on
a button. I somehow failed with her. (I know how, I wouldn't let her mess
with my machine for fear it would get out of kilter!) We have several QI's
filling out home, four cats and two Corgi's. It is pretty much a zoo. And
love any kind of chocolate! And I prefer to be called Mrs. E by those
younger than myself. Have I answered all the question?
Now my question - We are going to San Diego in a couple of weeks
and I was wondering if there were any quilt shops I should not miss. This
is a vacation with another couple, but I'm sure they will humor me.
TIA,

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old July 23rd 05, 10:21 PM
Patti

Yes, I'm Patricia, formally; but nobody ever calls me that! Just two
people call me Patti (one is my DH - occasionally!), otherwise I'm
always Pat (or Pam, or you, or Hey over there g). I actually really
like Patsy, but it's never been used!
The 'Patti' I use here is just to distinguish this newsgroup e-mail,
from the other one that I use for online shopping and banking etc.
And, thanks, I did see from the other posts and had a look at your work
and pets. Terrific (all!)
..
In message e4xEe.199385$nG6.47385@attbi_s22, Patsy Elliott
writes

Old July 23rd 05, 10:22 PM
Patti

Now with Patti in Seattle as well there really are enough of us to do
something earth-shattering g
Name your weapons PAT! What shall we do?
..
In message wBxEe.46532$rb6.32023@lakeread07, Pat in Virginia
writes

Old July 23rd 05, 10:55 PM
Donna

Welcome and thanks forsharing!! Your work is great, Mrs. E!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Patsy Elliott" wrote in message
Patti,
Are you Patricia? I am sometimes called Patti, but I'm Patsy. I have
noticed there are several Pat's in the group.
I guess I need to get out more or at least pay attention to what I am
reading. I thought I had read somewhere about a shop in the SD area, but
I couldn't remember. I won't forget now!
I have mainly tried traditional quilts up to this point. I am trying
to work out a pattern for a motorcycle quilt for my brother. I think
someone else had mentioned doing the same thing. He liked the weathervane
pattern. I had seen on Simply quilts a lady who did the "Hidden Blocks".
I loved that idea and ordered the book, so I think I"am going to use one
of those.
I did figure out how to get my pictures on line if you care to look.

Patsy in IN
http://community.webshots.com/user/patowe

"Patti" wrote in message
Welcome Patsy!
I can call you that like Polly, as I am older than you g and, what's
more, my name is Pat!
However, when the young ones are about, I'll call you Mrs E., don't
worry.
You've certainly be doing your homework in those two months lurking gg
When I read your message, even I (in the UK) knew to recommend Rosie's
Calico Cupboard; but I knew the aficionados would beat me to it!
What kind of quilts do you like to make?
.

Old July 24th 05, 12:34 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Now with Patti in Seattle as well there really are enough of us to do
something earth-shattering g
Name your weapons PAT! What shall we do?
.
In message wBxEe.46532$rb6.32023@lakeread07, Pat in Virginia
writes
Hello Patsy!! I sign here as Pat in Virginia ... I am Patricia. Are
you? We have enough of us with variations on that theme ... maybe we
should have a block swap!!
PAT in VA/USA
Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

A block swap with people of the same name is fun. I did one once (the
Sandy Swap,of course) and enjoy the quilt I have from it. In fact,
though I don't know where the other participants are, I have a block
from Sandi in B.C. in there! G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 24th 05, 06:58 AM
nzlstar*

much thanks, Patsy.
as a matter of fact, patricia is my middle name so i might well qualify if'n
theres a swap and i think i can manage to fit it in the schedule.
i also use patzy as a pseudonym online in one place.
i had to check the spelling on that word (pseudonym) to be sure i got it
right,
surprise surprise, rubber ducky (hi jenn), i sure did. )
woooooohoooooooo
i'll be watching for the swap msg here from one of you Pats.
had a look/see at your webshots, wow!!! i really liked the russian dolls,
very cute idea.
pretty darn good for your first attempt at applique.
i still dont understand why some folks are sooooo scared of it. (hi lynn)
have added your webshots to my very very long long list of 'favorites'
websites of RCTQ folks.
jeanne
hey pat, ignore those 'hi's i put in to others in case they are
reading...the comments were specifically directed at them
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Patsy Elliott" wrote...
LOL! Of course, permission is granted. And thank you for the welcome.
Patsy in IN

"nzlstar*" wrote...
hey not fair.
i'm not quite 58, this oct.
can i call patsy patsy?

Old July 24th 05, 10:36 AM
Roberta Zollner

Welcome Patsy! Thanks for the view -lovely work! I really like the stars,
especially the ones you quilted in the border. And wanted to ask what fabric
you used in the border of the Russian Dolls. Darling quilt!
Roberta in D

"Patsy Elliott" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
LOL! Of course, permission is granted. And thank you for the welcome.
Patsy in IN

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
hey not fair.
i'm not quite 58, this oct.
can i call patsy patsy?
welcome to the cyberquiltingframe, whateverigottacallya.
i always called you polly.
i like my nose as it is thanks, geeeeez.
ok, so i 'm not a cutesy-poo, nor am i a stranger.
i'm just strange.
hugz all round too,
jeanne
i wonder how this is gonna sit with those um, older than me ladies
snorfle
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Polly Esther" wrote...
Welcome, Patsy (I can call you that, I'm older that Everybody!). Glad
to see you have a sense of humor about this wonderful group. If any
cutesy-poo stranger pops in and yells our first names, you can help us
break her nose. Polly

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
m...
Welcome!

Rosie's Calico Cupboard is definitely the place to go in San Diego. (
http://www.rosiescalicocupboard.com/ - NAYY) Be sure to hit their sale
room -- always lots of goodies there!

And if you're into machine quilting at all, head three doors down to
The Quilted Rose. (http://www.thequiltedrose.com/ , also NAYY). Lots to
get in trouble with there.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old July 25th 05, 02:54 AM
Patsy Elliott

Roberta,
The fabric came in the kit and didn't have the selvage with the name. I
have tried to find it because I really like it also. Thanks for viewing.
Patsy in IN