Anyone use Flynn system

Old November 23rd 03, 09:17 PM
Audrey Eischens

Default Anyone use Flynn system

Do any of you machine quilters use the Flynn quilting system for home sewing
machines? I'm thinking about buying one, but would like some advice from
the experts first. Thanks

--
Audrey Eischens
Angels are among us

Old November 25th 03, 01:55 AM
QUILTKITTY

Hey there,
I have the Flynn frame and am very happy with it. You have to provide the
wooden rods, I have, myself, 3 sizes, a small of about 54", a medium of 60" and
a large of about 90"....just depends on what size quilts you tend to make the
most of. I have found this system to be most excellent for basting and get
nice and smooth quilts ready to quilt. He shows on his videos himself doing
free=motion quilting on his frame, I haven't, I like the set up, and then I
either use it to machine baste or hand baste. You have to turn your machine
arm to face you and it's rather like eating a cob of corn as your quilt goes
back and forth from side to side, you're limited by the length of your sewing
machine's arm, but I think the whole thing ends up much tigher and smoother t
han the old safety pin method.
~Quiltkitty