Ironing

Old August 14th 05, 06:29 PM
KJ

I'm still trying to live down the Thanksgiving when my nephew was helping
clear off the table and asked if I had intended to serve the stuffing in the
crockpot sitting on the kitchen counter!!!

"Roberta" wrote in message
Debra wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:19:41 GMT, "dogmom"
wrote:

I just realized that I set up my ironing board and was waiting for *it*
to get hot.

Dogmom

I thought I was the only one who left the ironing board to heat up. I've
put a pan on the stove and left it to heat up without turning on
the stove. It takes an extra long time for water to boil that way.
Debra in VA

This reminds me of a few Thanksgivings ago.....

My husband was at sea and I had the 2 girls. His family came down to
visit. My sister in law and I were in the kitchen cooking away, making
all the side dishes, enjoying ourselves quite a bit. We went back to
check on the turkey after a few hours and neither one of us had remembered
to turn on the oven lol

We will never live that down - every holiday we are together someone will
kindly remind us to check the oven to see if it is on

Roberta (in VA)

Old August 14th 05, 06:31 PM
Sandy Foster

wrote:

I just realized that I set up my ironing board and was waiting for *it* to
get hot.

Dogmom

I thought I was the only one who left the ironing board to heat up.

I've put a pan on the stove and left it to heat up without turning on
the stove. It takes an extra long time for water to boil that way.

Debra in VA

Maybe not, in the weather we've been having this summer!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 14th 05, 07:34 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Yeah - and it saves on batteries, too! LOL

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Marlys in Indiana" wrote in message
That's how you can watch those "cool" shows on the TV, isn't it???!!
Hee! Hee!
Marlys in Indiana

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
I found my missing remote in the freezer. Next!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old August 14th 05, 10:51 PM
Sally Swindells

We have a scheme here started by the Ambulance service. You have a
special sticker on your door, and when the Ambulance comes they know
to look in the fridge door where you keep a small container (like a
film spool one but white with a green cross on it). Inside is your
name, next of kin, medications, etc. so if you are unable to tell them
the info they need, they know just where to look and it is all written
down.

Such a simple idea but could be a life saver and avoids confusion in
finding a relative who lives 'somewhere in.. I think'!

So medicare forms in the fridge aren't so far from the truth in this
house!
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old August 14th 05, 11:39 PM
AliceW

My DH had just finished using the cordless phone in the kitchen when I went
to use it. Not in the cradle, not on the countertop, not on the kitchen
table, nowhere to be found. He had no idea where he had put it but thought
he had hung it up in it's cradle. Drove us crazy. Found it in the junk
drawer - where he also put the pen and paper he used to write down the phone
number he took while on the phone. Geesh, gotta get him some ginkgo!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
: Medicare forms in the fridge!
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
:
: "SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
: news:qLILe.407$tB5.358@okepread06...
: I found my missing remote in the freezer. Next!!
:
: --
: http://community.webshots.com/user/snigdibbly
: SNIGDIBBLY
: ~e~
: "
: / \
: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/snigdibbly.
: http://www.ebaystores.com/snigdibbly...ox&refid=store
: "dogmom" wrote in message
: ...
: I just realized that I set up my ironing board and was waiting for *it*
: get hot.
:
: Dogmom
:
:
:
:
:

Old August 15th 05, 12:01 AM
Marcella Peek

A new thing has started here. People are being asked to put a number in
their cell phone directory called ICE (for In Case of Emergency) with
your emergency contact persons phone number. Then if you are found hurt
they have someone to call and inform.

Sounds pretty good because you can be hurt anywhere, not just at home,
and many people carry cell phones now.

marcella

Old August 15th 05, 12:21 AM
Pat in Virginia

Yes, that was in our new paper too, Marcella. Thank you for the
timely reminder. But I'd read about that ICE thing before it hit
the papers ... got the info from our RCTQ buddies over in UK.
Of course it doesn't help at all if the Cell Phone gets stolen!
(Waaaaaa!)

PAT in VA/USA

Old August 15th 05, 12:44 AM
Sally Swindells

Aahh, but do you know where ICE started - right here in East Anglia by
our Ambulance Service

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/...wsID=646104183

They're an innovative lot here are our Ambulance people! - World
leaders! - they're pretty good at getting you to hospital too.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

wrote:

Medicare forms in the fridge!

Cats & Ironing Boards do NOT Mix ;) Magic Mood Jeep© Needlework 13 March 2nd 05 04:34 AM
Ironing board material jtsnow Sewing 13 December 8th 04 01:03 AM
Ironing board material jtsnow Quilting 8 December 6th 04 02:51 PM
Quality ironing board cover Sewing 11 February 24th 04 07:03 PM
Cutting Table Ironing Cover teleflora Quilting 2 September 25th 03 02:23 AM