What use is a wall hanging?

Old January 21st 06, 10:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What use is a wall hanging?

I feel so at home in your sewing room - it looks just like mine.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Cheryl in Oz" cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau wrote in message
Yes they will probably fade, but then I can always make more. And I plan
to line them with (don't cringe! LOL) tracksuiting, which is acrylic and
should offer quite a bit of protection. They are my dyed fabrics, and in
a few years I might want to change them for another design. Faded quilts
never get thrown away here - they can be used for something (hence the
tracksuiting - to give a quilted look and to make washing easy).

I plan to make "quilted" curtains for all over the house eventually. They
look good, offer good insulation and sound "muffling", and they are easier
for me than doors - no door keeping for the QIs.
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message

I have all the blocks made up for stained glass roman blinds for the
sewing
room. Someone else here (Jeanne?) mentioned "Pieced Roman Shades" by
Terrell Sundermann - good book for this sort of project.

Won't these fade - or do you plan to use a different fabric to the
usual cotton?
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old January 21st 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Check post "OT Storm Warning"

Stash is fine - but filing cabinets of patterns are a tad damp! I just have
to hope the cabinets and bookcases have dried fast enough to avoid rust,
swelling, etc.

Today (Saturday) it reached 47C (that's about 120F) here, according to my
thermometer in the shade on the south side of the house. It is supposed to
be hotter tomorrow. Melbourne had its hottest January day in I don't
remember how long and play at the Australian Open Tennis was suspended when
temps on the outside courts reached 50C (at least one match was subject to
forfeit when a girl got heat stroke). It is now 11pm and still 32C and no
sign of cooling down so I am doing the washing. It will be dry in 45
minutes and I won't have to go out in the heat tomorrow.

Oh - but I do miss the sea breeze you get on the coast!!!! (sigh)

Just 4-5 months and I will be scraping the ice off the windows again. LOL

--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

" Ellison" wrote in message
om...
Howdy!
Storm? What storm? You all right?
Mostly, is the stash all right?

Ragmop/Sandy--in dry, warm, dusty n.Tx--but it's pretty outside ;-)

"Cheryl in Oz" cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau wrote in message
Just a whole lot of four-patches really. I have added the layouts for
both the quilts I made to webshots.
http://community.webshots.com/album/535355289HRVevr

Sorry to be so brief - busy mopping up storm damage and trying to dry out
carpets.

--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Cheryl:
Oh, I do like the 'orderly chaos' I see in that quilt!! I am sitting
here, *sans my morning caffeine,* trying to figure out the basic 'block'
on this one. Could you kindly give us a hint? Thanks!!
PAT, heading to the coffee pot, in VA/USA

Cheryl in Oz wrote:
...cut...
I have two large quilts made up as curtains on the archway leading into
my
sewing room. They hang on poles/rings on either side of the archway (a
quilt facing each room).
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...75796722lViWVb
...cut...

Old January 21st 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Short and sweet ... your message included very helpful hyperlink.
I have printed the layouts and block. This is an easy but
interesting version of 4 patch. THANKS ...
PAT in VA/USA

Old January 21st 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Oz & Tx. weather What use is a wall hanging?

Howdy!
Uncle! Your temps just got hotter than ours in July.
We get the tornados and "monsoons" and hurricanes and floods
and (lately) droughts. But the July temps usually top at
117ºF, 47ºC. In the Metroplex (Ft.Worth and Dallas are
30 miles apart, all surrounding and in-between cities & towns
are called "the Metroplex" or Metromess by those who drive much)
we are victim to my favorite weather phenom:
The Urban Heat Island Effect,
which means it stays hotter in the city because of the pavement,
stone/cement/brick buildings, and that heat radiates back to us
at night so it can't really cool off. It also means that
rain showers may be pushed away because of the radiating heat;
jury's still out on that one.
This year we're skipping winter; warm and dry and pretty
in n.Tx., but dry, very dry and windy.

Glad to hear the stash is fine.
And you, too. g
Keep the ice maker busy!

Ragmop/Sandy

Old January 23rd 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Same here in NW Arkansas. But this morning we had an oddity - we had FROG -
frozen fog. The fog was so heavy - it occurred in freezing temperatures -
it fell in this fine white mist. It was so beautiful. Like a magical
fairyland.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"