Pkg. arrived from Cher

Old September 16th 03, 08:21 PM
Cher

Default Pkg. arrived from Cher

Hi Noreen, glad you like it. You've got everyone on here now wondering
what in the world I've sent you...LOL

Well back to you.......you can tell them all.

cheers......Cher

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Cher, I've written you off-list as well, but wanted to quickly post
that the package from you arrived in this morning's post, and I am
THRILLED beyond belief!
HUGE hugs!!!
MUCH love!!!
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

---

Old September 17th 03, 12:46 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:21:14 -0500, Cher wrote:
Hi Noreen, glad you like it. You've got everyone on here now
wondering
what in the world I've sent you...LOL

Well back to you.......you can tell them all.

cheers......Cher

Although my tiny digital camera does not begin to do this beautiful
yarn justice......

http://foto.inbox.lv/knitche/Knit-che3

or, it that doesn't work:

http://foto.inbox.lv/knitche/Knit-ch...user=3Dknitche

It was in a skein/slash/hank, DH helped me with my ball winder so that
I wouldn't break the yarn.

Hugs,

Old September 17th 03, 01:18 AM
Shillelagh

I just went and had a peek! It's gorgeous yarn!!

Shelagh

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:21:14 -0500, Cher wrote:
Hi Noreen, glad you like it. You've got everyone on here now
wondering
what in the world I've sent you...LOL

Well back to you.......you can tell them all.

cheers......Cher

I received a beautiful hank of handspun and handdyed yarn!!!! It is
about the weight of the Cobweb yarn, and I absolutely LOVE the colors,
sort of a varigate, with shades of blue, purple, lavender, mauve, and
all sort of heathery!!!!
Cher has totally inspired me to get on the spinning bandwagon, I've
been over to Interweave press to get SpinIt magazine and their PDF
files for beginning spinners.
She also sent me a gold pen, a notepad, and a beautiful housewarming
welcome card.
YES, I have a camera, and will take a picture of the yarn!!!!! Give
me a day to get my ducks in a row, and I'll post a tiny URL to see
Cher's handiwork.

Old September 17th 03, 01:57 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:18:14 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:

I just went and had a peek! It's gorgeous yarn!!

Shelagh

It really IS, Shelagh. My little webcam didn't do it justice tho.
Cher sure is talented! (and sweet)

Old September 17th 03, 09:12 AM
Cher

It's only a little bit of dyed fleece spun up...LOL...thankyou though.

By the way Noreen, that is what is known as Tops, I Dyed then combed three
or four colours together, blue pink and greenish blue...thus the result,
the combing of it made it come out in stripes of these colours, all
irregular, then I elongated it, and spun it from one end. As you can see
it is very very soft, but fleece done the same way, comes out just that
little bit less softer ... I shall have to send you a skein of that now so
that you can feel the difference. It all depends on the fleece of course,
Merino is very soft too...as is silk. I spin silk very finely, then ply it
with a matching silk thread, holding the thread tighter than the silk tops
or caps, I then end up with a tight boucle yarn, which is interesting. I
usually rainbow dye a silk cap in the microwave...I use my old microwave for
this.

Cheers.....Cher...trying desperately to get Noreen really started on this
spinning hobby....lol.

---

Firehouse Angel has arrived! Pat Lerch Needlework 10 May 8th 04 03:35 PM
Mighty Bright Arrived! Suzanne Needlework 2 April 22nd 04 06:37 AM
Noah's Sub arrived! S & A Needlework 2 April 19th 04 04:06 PM
6x6 ..and Cher! Aud Yarn 3 September 3rd 03 04:23 AM
Cher Angelicsong Yarn 40 July 23rd 03 03:56 AM