Whatcha Looking For?

Old March 21st 04, 04:09 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Whatcha Looking For?

In a few previous posts people have been offering bits of their stashes to
applicants. Im not doing that here. A few people spoke out looking for
specific fabrics, pigs, elephants to name a few, so... I was wondering...
What sort of fabrics is everyone looking for? Do you have a need some bugs,
or cars? Could you use a butterfly or two, or would a wacky wizard possibly
do? Are you needing bright pink spirals or tetrahedron shaped guitars? Is
your latest project lacking orange lollipops or spectacular colored stars?
Please fill us in and let us know, in case we get an urge, or see a certain
something, its a good excuse to splurge!
Ok.. rhyme done. If you post I will keep a little list in case I find
something that suits your need. I bet others might just keep a list too!
This doesnt take the place of the directory. That has a much broader listing
of likes and dislikes. This is for current, or soon to be ... or still
collecting for projects ....
Diana, hoping she doesnt miss any posts on this one.

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old March 21st 04, 04:22 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I'm looking for the kind that are sewn into finished quilts. If you don't
already have my addy, just email me.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
news
[...]

---

Old March 21st 04, 04:35 PM
Mystified One

raggedy ann and andy.

My brother and his wife are finally expecting, and that's how they want to
do their nursery.

Old March 21st 04, 04:50 PM
Pat in Virginia

Oh, what a fun topic Diana! I think most quilters have 'pet
subjects' that we seek to add to our stash or to a specific
project. What is *your* preference, Ms. D?

There are a few that I seek in small amounts, to add spice to my
projects. Usually I just want a square or a F8.
Here are the things I always seek at shows and stores: prints
with words, or even just interesting letters; prints of building
materials such as tiny roofing or bricks; fabric with Army tanks
&/or soldiers; prints with fun motifs for the 'difficult' letters
in alphabet quilts. Of course if the fabric is already made up
into a quilt, so much the better!!

Looking forward to reading what everyone else collects,
PAT in VA/USA

Old March 21st 04, 04:55 PM
Sherry Starr

I'm looking for cow skulls, geckos, lizards, etc. I just need the actual
item with a small amount of fabric around it.
Sherry Starr

Old March 21st 04, 04:57 PM
frood

What a fun thread! I'm always on the lookout for vintage fabrics, especially
60s and 70s stuff. Is it orange and pink? Does it scream pyschodelic? I
prefer cotton, or at least enough cotton content to make it work in a cotton
quilt, but for exceptionally interesting pieces, it doesn't matter.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old March 21st 04, 04:57 PM
Pat in Virginia

Sherry:
I'd love to help out but I think the Post Office frowns on people
sending live geckos and lizards thru the mail, with or with out a
padding of fabric. The cow skull might be acceptable but the cost
prohibitive. Would you settle for a surprise instead? If so,
email me your snail addy.
Grins, PAT IN VA/USA

Old March 21st 04, 05:04 PM
Roberta Zollner

For what I'm working on now, I need 4.5" squares of marbled or anything that
looks like semiprecious stones in mosaics. I'm copying a picture of a tile
floor.
Roberta in D

Old March 21st 04, 05:55 PM
Dannielle

I'm a complete newbie and my stash doesn't have much in it at all. I love
batiks, earthtones, berry colors....and I love fat 1/4's! So I'm not too
picky - I'm just starting my stash building experiences.

Dannielle

Old March 21st 04, 06:04 PM
Dannielle

Daisy Kingdom stopped carrying the fabrics. But here's what I found:

http://www.raggedy-ann.com/newfabric.html

Or there's ebay. I can usually find Raggedy Ann fabrics there too....

Good luck!
Dannielle