Online Quilt Shops with small minimum cuts

Old November 21st 03, 02:50 AM
Melinda Hartman

Default Online Quilt Shops with small minimum cuts

I am making a stained glass quilt (presumably as a Christmas gift, but
I never promised which year, so I should be safe). Many of the
fabrics only call for 1/8 yard. Since I am trying to keep my spending
to a minimum, I don't want to use this as a stash-increasing excuse.
Unfortunately, many/most online shops that I frequent require 1/2 yard
minimums per fabric. Does anyone have any suggestions for reputable
online shops with smaller minimum cuts?

TIA,

Melinda. (deMoMo)
Old November 21st 03, 03:10 AM
nzl*

http://www.bat1000.com/Packets.htm
hand dye packs of fat 8ths here.
http://www.lunnfabrics.com/cgi-bin/S...nu=eighths.htm
theres heaps of bali packs at lunn fabrics in all colourways.
theres even a pack of fat 8ths in bali xmas designs.
should find what you need there.
NAYY,
jeanne

"Melinda Hartman" wrote ...

Old November 21st 03, 03:17 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

If you tell me what colors you need, I'd be willing to work out a fabric
swap with you.... if that'd help??? :-)))

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old November 21st 03, 11:24 AM
Diana Curtis

Same here. Small bits are fun to have.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old November 21st 03, 12:39 PM
Keith Pope

www.fatquarterfever.com sells fat quarters. I don't know if that would work
for your project, but they have all kinds of bundles to choose from.
HTH!
Michelle in Gander

om...

Old November 21st 03, 02:55 PM
Kate Dicey

Melinda Hartman wrote:

I am making a stained glass quilt (presumably as a Christmas gift, but
I never promised which year, so I should be safe). Many of the
fabrics only call for 1/8 yard. Since I am trying to keep my spending
to a minimum, I don't want to use this as a stash-increasing excuse.
Unfortunately, many/most online shops that I frequent require 1/2 yard
minimums per fabric. Does anyone have any suggestions for reputable
online shops with smaller minimum cuts?

TIA,

Melinda. (deMoMo)

I've found packs of fat 8ths on several... I think eQuilter was one.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 21st 03, 05:08 PM
Becky

Cotton Club has a minimum cut of one quarter, and will cut either regular
or fat, as you wish. www.cottonclub.com

Becky

Old December 1st 03, 02:43 AM
deMoMo

Thank you to everyone for your help! I ended up going to a semi-local
quilt shop (about an hour away) since I wanted to be able to really
see the fabrics. And I found out when I got there that the minimum
cut is 1/8 yard! I was both gladdened and saddened by that. So I
bought a few extra fabrics "just in case" with some of the money that
I saved by not buying 1/4 yards.

- Melinda.

Shops listing online Dawn Doll Houses 0 February 2nd 04 09:50 PM
Favorite online quilt stores with good search capability? Sylvia Quilting 11 November 7th 03 12:30 AM
New online quilt shop MerryStahel Quilting 1 September 16th 03 12:10 PM
My first "real" Quilt -- LOL Kathy in CA Quilting 2 August 12th 03 10:28 PM
Looking for an online photo of a Maple Leaf pattern quilt, and color choices question QuiltShopHopper Quilting 5 August 9th 03 06:23 PM