Stash storage

Old October 21st 03, 05:08 AM
AlenasMom

Default Stash storage

Okay, strange question from the newbie time.
What do you use to store your stash?

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Old October 21st 03, 10:39 AM
Roberta in D

Wire baskets that fit in a wheeled rack (from Ikea, but other brands
exist). The racks live under the high cutting table, plus some extra
baskets on shelves in the cupboard. Easy to grab a basket to rootle
through. The fabric is folded file-style so I can see the edge of
everything.
Roberta in D

"AlenasMom" wrote in news:gj2lb.220321
:

Old October 21st 03, 10:42 AM
Keith and Michelle

Currently I use Rubbermaind storage bins for their waterproof qualities. I
love to be able to see all the fabric at once, like having it laid out in a
special room, but I have cats with territory issues (as in Gee, that looks
like a comfy spot to sleep, it's mine! and then they shed all over it or get
sick on it.)
HTH!
Michelle in Gander

ble.rogers.com...

Old October 21st 03, 11:51 AM
Polly Esther

Lina, we have some highly creative places to store stash which includes the
trunk of the car, between the mattress and box springs and the piano stool
bench. Here's a Big no-no. Don't store your stash in the attic. I guess it
might be okay in one location in the entire world - but mostly, the
temperature gets high enough in an attic to do some serious damage. And a
suggestion: if you store part of your beloved fabric in a weird place, write
yourself a note. I have a bin for fleece but that lovely stuff takes up so
much space that I've had to tape a note on the bin that says, "more fleece
in guest room". Polly

"Keith and Michelle" wrote in message
Currently I use Rubbermaind storage bins for their waterproof qualities. I
love to be able to see all the fabric at once, like having it laid out in

special room, but I have cats with territory issues (as in Gee, that looks
like a comfy spot to sleep, it's mine! and then they shed all over it or

get
sick on it.)
HTH!
Michelle in Gander

ble.rogers.com...

Old October 21st 03, 12:07 PM
frood

In other people's houses.

--
Wendy, pirate stash raider
de-fang email address to reply

ble.rogers.com...

Old October 21st 03, 12:28 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I don't need a stash. I beg for quilts.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"frood" wrote in message
In other people's houses.

--
Wendy, pirate stash raider
de-fang email address to reply

ble.rogers.com...

Old October 21st 03, 02:47 PM
Wabbit4412

Yes, she does! She'll figure out a way to have you store your stash in a quilt
made for her. LOL I usually just lurk and have been tempted to send her a
quilt so she feels better! ;-)

(just kidding!)
Darlene

Subject: Stash storage
From: "LN \(remove NOSPAM\)"
Date: 10/21/2003 4:28 AM US Mountain Standard Time
I don't need a stash. I beg for quilts.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"frood" wrote in message
m...
In other people's houses.

--
Wendy, pirate stash raider
de-fang email address to reply

ble.rogers.com...

Old October 21st 03, 05:09 PM
Kathy in CA

I started storing my stash in a hutch but it got too be overflowing so
started sorting some my colors into 58 qt bins withs lids (Walmart $4). So
far I have 3--one for greens, blues, and purples (purple bin is nearly
full!). The bins are see thru so I can see the color group. I also use the
empty kitty litter buckets to store smaller sets of colors like Christmas
and yellow and my left over sqs in assorted sizes. Also use the buckets to
store current projects. You can tape a label to the top of the buckets and
use a trash bag to help keep clean.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

ble.rogers.com...

Old October 21st 03, 05:10 PM
TerriLee in WA

Six 8-foot wire shelves (16" deep) in the closet. I took the doors off
so I have full access. Leftovers get stored in the xerox boxes that hold
up my cutting table.

AlenasMom wrote:

Okay, strange question from the newbie time.
What do you use to store your stash?

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003
www.maternalinstinctscanada.com
validate the email address before sending.

--
TerriLee Bishop in WA (state) USA
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)

Stash Storage Suzanne Needlework 14 October 31st 04 02:19 AM
Stash Storage question... Becky Andresen Needlework 22 September 6th 04 05:29 PM
CA Fires/Love in Stitches Stash Replacement/Grandma-to-Be Coleen Needlework 6 November 3rd 03 04:05 AM
Fabric Storage in Stash Room Allie Orange Needlework 6 October 29th 03 05:20 PM
My Stash Is Being Guarded !!! DDM Quilting 2 August 10th 03 10:00 PM