in 2006

Old January 3rd 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default in 2006

wooo hooo! that is progress :-D

--
Jessamy (did the C arrive yet? )
In The Netherlands

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Taria" wrote in message
well, I wish you a good shoulder on 2006 Wendy.
This aging stinks sometimes!
Glad you did so well in the rest of your life.
From what I have seen of your quilty work lately
you are doing fine too.
Taria

frood wrote:
Hey, those were just quilty goals. In the rest of my life, I did meet my
goals. I grew as a person, made new friends, volunteered at the school
and in the guild. Life is good and I am happy. What more could I want?

Old January 3rd 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh Wendy, this is terrific and wonderful news! Hallelujiah and happy
dancin for ya!

Hugs,
Tina

Old January 3rd 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wendy:
Whoa!! You seem to have forgotten some quilting activities you
DID accomplish! You went on a Quilt Retreat instead of the Class,
and got some stuff done there. The Pink Elephant quilt for Miss
Fussy is terrific, so you score points there too.

I checked my contributions to that thread last year, and I did
not list any goals. So this year, I will also set lofty goals. I
will win Best of Show in Paducah, write a book about a fast and
stunning quilting technique that I am developing, and write,
produce, direct, and star in my own television show: Simple
Quilting.
Happy New Year! PAT, your humble friend in VA/USA

frood wrote:
I just checked my goals from last year. They were to:
1) Improve my machine quilting
2) Create and finish 2 wallhangings for my home
3) Take a class in a new technique.

Um... I'm 0 for 3. Due to the shoulder "issues" from the beginning of the
year, I did almost no machine quilting at all. I did make a wallhanging, but
it's not finished. And no classes.

Perhaps if I set more lofty goals for myself, I could fail more
spectacularly!

So, for 2006, I plan to win Best in Show at the IQF show in Houston; develop
an innovative technique that will revolutionize the quilting world; and win
an Oscar for my stellar performance in "101 Ways to Improve Your Rotary
Cutting". Heck, I might as well aim for Best Screenplay while I'm at it.

In case anyone wants to check their last year's goals:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...9a606ed9 5b7f

or, this tiny version: http://tinyurl.com/cpbtm

Old January 3rd 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Way to go Pat!

Bonnie, in Middletown, Va

Old January 15th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Back when this thread first started, I was just trying to get through my
sewing/quilting to-do list for the 2-week Winter Break. Now I can set some
goals for the whole year:

-- Learn machine appliqué (the Pat Sloan way).
-- Put something into our local quilt show in September.
-- Turn in one neo-natal quiltie per month.
-- Complete our guild's monthly block collection blocks so that I can
participate in the block exchange in December.
-- Get to the point where I no longer consider myself a newbie.

Now I'm curious to know whether the lady who had applied for early
retirement got it -- wish I could do that! And the Honda Shadow rider --
are you riding yet? I miss my Sportster.

Kay Ahr
Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
k.net...
There are a few things I'm going to try in 2006 in addition to remembering
to write 2006 on my checks. I have always been going to get around to a
feathered something or a pineapple. Toile has been calling to me but this
is going to be the year that I make a quilt with one. I've never made a
quilt using circles or curves. Yes, I'm going to try those too. You have
a few days to ponder while you clean up the holiday rubble but we would
like to know what new adventure beckons you. Up until now, this is on
topic but feel free to wander. Baltimore, anyone? Kaleidoscope? Bungee
jumping? Polly

Old January 15th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nope, I'm not riding yet - it's still a little too chilly here in Iowa! I
think they offer classes in April and May, though, and after that . . .
watch out!

Kay, when you get a chance, tell me about the quilt shops in Reno. We'll be
out there in December, and my fun while DH is at the conference is to quilt
and explore. Thanks.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old January 15th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Been thinking and thinking on this one. Only going to have ONE goal with
quilting this year:
FINISH the Poiple Log Cabin

It will be MY QUILT, everything else will be gravy : )

Butterfly (almost done with the MQ'ing of the promised pillow and then it
will be MY TURN. YAY! )

Old January 16th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default in 2006 -- now quilt shops in Reno (long)

Hi Louise,

Here's my list. The ones after the asterisks definitely have quality
fabric. Mill End sometimes does. It's in a grungy warehouse but I love the
place! Sew-n-Such has changed hands, and I hope it is still around by
December. Windy Moon is HUGE!

Gardnerville and Minden are off Route 395 south of Carson City. Maybe an
hour from Reno.

Workman's in Fallon is also a nursery. There is another new little place
right in Fallon, but I can't remember what it is. Fallon is about an hour
and a half away. (Home of the naval air station where the Top Gun movie was
filmed.)

Sacramento and its miriad of shops is only 2 hours away, but the weather in
December is a little iffy for going "over the hill." I haven't been to the
quilty places in Tahoe. Once again, problems with iffy weather in December.
(So why don't I go in the summer. . . .)

I started making this list when I first moved here about 5 years ago. Once
I got familiar with things, I didn't really maintain the list. Maybe there
are some other Reno-ites out there who can help?

Kay

- - - - - - -

Mill End Fabrics

M-F 9-6 Sat 9:30-6 CLOSED SUNDAY

Kuenzli off Kietzke

Two Dollar Fabric Store

Plumb and Kitezke

Jo-Ann's

M-S 9-9 Sun maybe 10-6

Kietzke

Hancock's (next to Ben Franklin)

M-F 9:30-8 Sat 9:30-6 Sun 11-5

534 Greenbrae Drive

Sparks, NV 89431

331-6999

* * * * * * * *

Ben Franklin - Shoppers Square

Plumb opposite Park Lane Mall

Craft Market

M-Sat 9-6 Sun 10-5

883-3933

2750 S. Carson

Carson City, NV

Ben Franklin - Sparks (next to Hancock's)

Greenbrae

Workman's - LQS

OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK

9-5 M-Sat; 10-5 Sun

4990 Reno Highway & Soda Lake Road

Fallon, NV

1-775-867-3716

Windy Moon Quilts - LQS

Janome, Brother

10-6 Mon-Sat; 11-5 Sun

440 Spokane Street

Reno, NV 89512

323-4777

http://www.windymoonquilts.com/

Going Batty - LQS

Bernina

10-6 Mon-Sat; CLOSED SUNDAY

775-351-2424

www.goingbatty.com

Sew -n-Such - LQS

Babylock

CLOSED SUNDAY AND MONDAY

10-6 Mon - Fri; 10-5 Sat

(north of and directly behind the Atlantis)

3702 S. Virginia Street Suite G-8

Reno, Nevada 89502

825-6677

Sierra Sewing Center - LQS

Viking-Husqvarna, Pfaff

open Sundays during Christmas season

Mon - Sat 9:30 - 5:30; CLOSED Sunday

4145 S. Virginia Street
Reno, Nevada 89502
775-823-9700

http://www.sierrasewing.com/

The Quilt House - LQS

Gardnerville

Everything's About Quilting (or something like that) - LQS

The Pink House in Minden