HUGs Thanks*sniffle*sniffle*

Old January 28th 04, 03:27 PM
Mary

It's not easy on the grandparents having adult children and grandchildren
move in either...

Mary (living in a home with 3 generations under one roof)

"Mel Rimmer" wrote in message
I'm glad the HUGs came just when they were most needed. I hope the kids
love them as much as you obviously do.

Don't be too hard on yourself about your dad's reaction - I think it
must be almost impossible to raise your children in your parents' home.
It's all I can stand to visit my parents for a few hours with my kids
present. This is because I can't be "mum" and "daughter" at the same
time, the roles are incompatible. And grandparents can't seem to figure
out that the little darlings are "someone else's kids". My mum wouldn't
dream of scolding someone else's kids, or of telling their mum exactly
where she's going wrong with child rearing. But these rules don't seem
to apply to grandchildren. On the other hand, my mum wouldn't take in
someone else's kids and their mum and let live with her until they found
a new place, but I'm sure she'd do that if it were us. So you have to
take the (very) rough with the smooth.

Your dad loves you and your kids. Of course he does. But he doesn't
really want little kids in his house all day long at his time of life.
Especially not if he doesn't get to set the rules and the standards of
behaviour he can expect. And you'd probably admit that you don't want to
be living in your parents' home at your own time of life. You want to be
the Mum, the boss of the household, and everyone else has to fit with
your rules. And that's just exactly as it should be.

I hope you find a place of your own soon, and you can find out who YOU
are - Joy, Mum, boss of the house, respected and loved (and sometimes
feared) by all the family. That's what a mum is.
--
Mel Rimmer

Old January 28th 04, 03:35 PM
Denise Jameson

Got a better link???

This takes us to Webshots' main page.

Thanks.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:36:19 GMT, "Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @
earthlink.net wrote:

I'm glad it got there so fast, as I just mailed it on the 23rd! Joy - you
guys use those hugs to line those pot holes, or in just any way you want.
We want them for your comfort, to wrap our love around your situation every
day. Here is the photo album of the Hugs, now that you have them I can show
it to everyone!
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 28th 04, 03:51 PM
Diana Curtis

try this link instead? http://community.webshots.com/album/111852903iOYACA
HTH
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

.net...

Old January 28th 04, 04:32 PM
Queen of Squishies

Just click the button that says "No thanks, just show me the pictures" - or
something like that. You have an option to join or not, but you can still
see the pictures, even if you don't want to join.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 28th 04, 04:35 PM
Queen of Squishies

Well, darn. Okay, try this one
http://community.webshots.com/script...umID=111852903

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 28th 04, 04:36 PM
Queen of Squishies

Thanks, Diana. My first link didn't take them far enough in.

Karen, Queen of Squishies